It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ISIS beheads Japanese hostage, offers swap for another one - reports

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
UPDATE FROM RT:

A video has reportedly appeared on the internet showing one of the Japanese hostages held by jihadists. He claimed his companion was executed and said the Islamic State want him swapped for a female suicide bomber.

Kenji Goto shows a picture of the beheaded body of his fellow captive, Haruna Yukawa, reported the SITE Intel Group, an organization that tracks the online activity of terrorists.

In his message, Goto reportedly blames Japan’s prime minister for Yukawa’s death and says that the Islamic State now wants the release of Sajida al-Rishawi, an alleged attempted suicide bomber, who is believed to be connected to the attack on a hotel in Jordan in 2005.

RT has reported that Islamic militants have just beheaded a Japanese hostage and is offering a swap for another one...Currently, i am unaware as to whether or not the Islamic militants are IS affiliates, but given their recent video showing two Japanese hostages, this may be related.

Source: rt.com...

Just thought i'd post it here so the members are aware of the reports. I will update as information comes in.
edit on 24-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The New York Times is reporting:

Japanese officials said Saturday that they were continuing efforts to win the release of two Japanese men taken hostage by the Islamic State, even though the militants’ stated deadline for paying an enormous ransom had passed.

Japan seemed to be waiting for a sign from the militants, who had not offered a clear signal of their intentions even after a Friday deadline passed without Japan's paying a $200 million demand. The hostage crisis began on Tuesday, when a video appeared online showing a masked militant threatening to kill the men, the journalist Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa, a wanderer apparently drawn to Syria by war. The video demanded the money be paid within 72 hours.

Nothing new as of yet.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thanks for the information. The report by RT seems to be breaking now, so if there is any legitimacy to it, i predict it will start to be picked up by Western outlets...

I do find it odd that the RT article contains no information regarding the alleged murder of one of the hostages, but perhaps they got the headline up before writing the article itself, lol.

Regardless, i think it is worth keeping an eye on this developing situation. It might yet be incorrect, but i thought i'd bring it here anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Breaking News.com

State TV: Japan's government working to verify video purporting to show execution of Islamic State hostage - @Reuters

Seems like this story will be blowing up shortly.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's no surprise Japan didn't pay the ransom...

They would only be accused of funding terrorism.

It's a damn shame that this has happened though.

平和先生で休息 (RIP Sir)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Time to show the bastards how to take heads properly .. and make a mountain of IS heads ... let the bastards learn a lesson they wont forget ... paybacks are a bitch ..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Breaking News.com

State TV: Japan's government working to verify video purporting to show execution of Islamic State hostage - @Reuters

Seems like this story will be blowing up shortly.

~Tenth

How can this video be verified? It wad released online. For all anyone knows it was made in Toronto. This brings back memories of the unverified OBL videos that an entire war was based upon.

Our standards for verifying evidence of terrorism are low. It is almost as bad as the bible which requires ones "faith" in order to ignore all the holes in the story.

A member of Japan's parliament once challenged the validity of the 9/11 investigation.

Nothing came of it obviously but goes to show there are still some brains left in Japan. I am very curious to see how they react to this.
edit on 24-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well SITE are hardly a bastion of unbiased and honest reporting are they,are they?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The BBC is running this story too:

Japan says it is seeking to verify a video that claims Japanese hostage Haruna Yukawa, held by Islamic State (IS) militants, has been killed. Cabinet ministers are holding an emergency meeting about the video. On Tuesday the group threatened to kill Mr Yukawa and fellow Japanese hostage Kenji Goto unless Japan paid $200m (£130m) within 72 hours. Japanese government official Yoshihide Suga condemned the latest video as "outrageous and unacceptable".

Breaking- BBC

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Would be nice to see the samurai get revenge. Make a mountain of heads, maybe brig the good ones for show and tell back to the japanese prime minister. Seriously let them send mercenaries over there and start showing them hows it's really done. Thats not a knife now this is a knife.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I assume facial recognition software.

-Tenth

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Each of the world's military powers needs to come together and bum-rush that God-forsaken place and just rip this thing apart. This is enough. Gut it! They wouldn't have a hope in hell! It's time to stop being PC, and get in there and rip ISIS up from the roots. After all, the governments/religious leaders in that region are OBVIOUSLY not going to stop it.

Imagine the possibilities... all the worlds *legitimate* military powers surging in as one force to once and for all stamp out this disgusting perversion of both a religion and a "military." They wouldn't DARE harm another foreign person, because they would know there is no place on this EARTH for their dying extremist GARBAGE. Enough playing tit-for-tat with these TUMORS!

"Oh well, these guys are with these guys but wait, some of THESE guys don't like so and so, so lets not..." the time for that is OVER. Again: If every major military force pushed in there together, I GUARANTEE you those sniveling hypocrites would: A) Run like the cockroaches they are, and B) Never EVER make another threat to anyone because they would all either be dead, or will have learned a VERY valuable lesson.

It's time to get serious, and I have a feeling Japan is going to do just that, we need to come together and annihilate this cancer.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
Each of the world's military powers needs to come together and bum-rush that God-forsaken place and just rip this thing apart. This is enough. Gut it. They don't have a hope in hell. It's time to stop being PC, and get in there and rip ISIS up from the roots.

Imagine the possibilities... the worlds *legitimate* military powers surging in as one force to once and for all stamp out this disgusting perversion of both a religion and a "military." They wouldn't DARE harm another foreign person, because they would know there is no place on this EARTH for their dying extremist GARBAGE. Enough playing tit-for-tat with these TUMORS!

So, Kill everyone, that's your solution.??

i dont see how ISIS can be defeated. they will just melt into the crowd and live to fight another day. next time ten times stronger.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Not allowing this to drift off topic... but no: not kill everyone. That's a complete wash-out of my point.

My POINT is that France, USA, Japan, and of course many others are being affected by this trash, yet each country seems to not want to be singled out for further attacks by attacking first. SO, we should all group together and invade the countries these roaches operate from. If they live for jihad and want to be martyrs, well it won't take long for soldiers of every nation to root them out and give them their wish...

This would also allow enough military to remain in each nations respective homeland to wipe out the inevitable "sleeper cells" that would arise in retaliation of this global effort... It would NOT involve mass bombing or civilian loss of life.

They would quickly learn that this cowards warfare will not be tolerated and that the world will chew them up and spit out the bones if they attempt it ever again.

IF we could orchestrate such a wonderful global maneuver, that would be the cleanest, quickest and most unifying solution in the history of warfare. After all: the leaders of these nations are LITERALLY giving up left and right, so what are we really invading? THAT's a worthy occupation. That is saving lives at home and abroad.

The leaders of these nations are either on the side of terrorism or they are completely crippled by it... so YES, invade... take over... fill the streets of the failing nations with the military presence of the world... Remove the problem properly and REALLY help the people of these countries.

Future generations from these places would look to the rest of the world as brothers instead of enemies... and look at future extremists as the true enemy.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
Each of the world's military powers needs to come together and bum-rush that God-forsaken place and just rip this thing apart. This is enough. Gut it. They don't have a hope in hell. It's time to stop being PC, and get in there and rip ISIS up from the roots.

Imagine the possibilities... the worlds *legitimate* military powers surging in as one force to once and for all stamp out this disgusting perversion of both a religion and a "military." They wouldn't DARE harm another foreign person, because they would know there is no place on this EARTH for their dying extremist GARBAGE. Enough playing tit-for-tat with these TUMORS!

That's exactly the mentality the governments want people to get on board with.

Just another reason to fund the military industrial complex and go oil snatching over there. All you here is ISIS, ISIS, ISIS.

What about Boko Haram? Don't here much about them. They are killing thousands of innocents on the daily but who cares? Shell-BP already have the oil there so no need to "help" those poor folks.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I agree with you, but I mean EVERY terrorist organization, I realize the oil-grabbing is what's going on... and that's what makes this whole thing impossible to even talk about.

Its a set up, no its a real problem, no its both, well we cant MOVE with things like this.

What can be DONE?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reported now that ISIS wants a female bomber released in exchange for the other hostage.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's no surprise Japan didn't pay the ransom...

They would only be accused of funding terrorism.

It's a damn shame that this has happened though.

平和先生で休息 (RIP Sir)

200 million??? I don't think they wanted a ransom...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You know if Japan didn't start wars, fund terrorism, invade countries, kill civilians etc this never would have happened..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Time to show the bastards how to take heads properly .. and make a mountain of IS heads ... let the bastards learn a lesson they wont forget ... paybacks are a bitch ..

A very emotional response there and clearly a popular one judging by the stars.

I have to disagree with the cry for violence though,you are no better in some ways than them,this is just the response those in power/elites want off Joe public and then before you know it we are in yet another phony manipulated war.

I agree that a new age esque/passive way of thinking/being,is not going to get humanity where we need to be,it does require action sacrifice etc,but to encourage this level of violence is wrong imo.

We need to know the true enemy and it isn't radical Islam,it is the elites of the so called free world (what a joke) and if we do not awaken from our slumber,we will be shepherded into a global facist state,as has been the multi generational plan.

I certainly agree they are scum and need containing and that 'real' terror threats also arise,but again the danger there,is our own establishments turning a blind eye and letting it play out (or worse still another false flag)..it is amazing? that here we are in 2015, after all the momentum and revelations the 'truth movement' has uncovered over the recent decade imparticular and people are still getting drawn off coarse.

I cannot fault your passion though

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join