It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads will explode. 69/96

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok, I'm sure that topic title has got me some attention, let me state right now that yes, I am an attentionwhore, nonetheless I want to have serious conversations about stuff that may or may not be true or relevant.

Let me give some background information about myself so you can judge my credibility more easely:
I am a former drug addict with a history of psychotic episodes. Probably your typical loony toon you come across day by day.
However, I am also a sentient being, just as much as other people, I am aware of myself and the world around me, even though it may be limited.

What are the things i'd like to talk about?

-Duality and transcending it
-Humanity
-Love
-Possible aliens, demons or other beings
-Numbers and their meanings
-Other topics brought up by other forum members

I wish to come across as an intelligent, reasonable human being, even though I have some wild stories.
But let us start by making a connection and talking about Love and Humanity.

What is the difference between a complete stranger and someone you know very well?
The connection.
Think about someone you know well and whom you like or love deeply, what do you feel? How do you feel it?
Is it a warm feeling inside your body? Or perhaps a happy thought? Both?

Now think about me.. Do you feel the same?

Ofcourse this "test" will not yield the same results for everyone, but we could say, that our sixth sense is our intuition, our inner feelings.
You will feel a bond with people you know, but you don't have a connection with complete strangers, aside from unconditional sympathy for another human being.

This is what unites us and what divides us. How I perceive it is as follows, it seems that the world is trying to make you forget about your intuition, we only want logical, reasonable, rational answers and questions... Everything outside the box is inane and redundant and will be ridiculed by the masses.
Humanity has created a mentality that is both not healthy for itself or for others.
We have lost our connection with each other and we are being drilled into never remembering it.

Now, you may like me or hate me and that is okay either way, I take comfort in thinking that everyone is being made into what they are today, by concious and unconcious choice. Never really ever having complete control of their life and how it shapes them, it excuses you and myself from the actions we undertake and forgiveness follows allong its constructive and destructive pathway.

Be aware of our similarities and put the differences aside, think with the heart, the mind makes things alot more complex than they are.
We are all human beings, making faults, doing good and bad things, trying to find our way in this ever so complex reality.
But inside your heart, your soul, you know, it is much easier than our mind makes it for us.
Stop labeling everything, I'm not schizophrenic, you are not what the world makes you think you are, we are all (human) beings.
We are all a life force, on sub-atomic level we are all the same. Do not forget, we are all here to make ourselves aware of ourselves, what I see wrong in another I try to change in myself.

I must end here, for this text is becoming too long and if it is not interesting enough people will not read it. Please, do not judge a book by its cover.
Try not to critisize for the sake of critisizing, but be constructive and have an open dialogue, nobody is perfect, I talk as if I know something, but I know nothing. I am a humble being, just as much as you.

Warm greetings,

-Lux

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Mission accomplished ...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Mission accomplished ...

Nice gif!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
S&F

Our society tries hard to make us the same. to have the same desires, to dress the same, to believe the same. It has always been this way. Anyone different to our norm is labelled a 'foreigner' or worse.

I have always tried to celebrate our differences. They are what makes life interesting. I do not like being around people that only want to surround themselves with like minded friends.

That to me is dull and boring.

I do not care what you were, I care about who you are and who you strive to be.

P

edit on 24/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
S&F

Our society tries hard to make us the same. to have the same desires, to dress the same, to believe the same. It has always been this way. Anyone different to our norm is labelled a 'foreigner' or worse.

I have always tried to celebrate our differences. They are what makes life interesting. I do not like being around people that only want to surround themselves with like minded friends.

That to me is dull and boring.

I do not care what you were, I care about who you are and who you strive to be.

P

I'm not sure what you are adressing here, but let me clarify myself that when I say we are the same it is about the essentials.
Ofcourse, I too celebrate our differences, wich makes each one of us unique.
Yes, society tries to make us all a certain shape whilst we all have different shapes, you might be a circle, I might be a hexagon.
You are so right.

Well, my situation is that I have very few like minded friends and I love all the different personalitys but I do find comfort on this forum where I get to meet somewhat like-minded people.
But I am able to understand and coexsist peacefully with most other people.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

However as regards this ...

"You will feel a bond with people you know, but you don't have a connection with complete strangers, aside from unconditional sympathy for another human being."

How then do you make friends and connections ... used to be strangers getting together - in my day ...

Just sayin' ...

edit on 24-1-2015 by Timely because: old fart syndrome ...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Timely

However as regards this ...

"You will feel a bond with people you know, but you don't have a connection with complete strangers, aside from unconditional sympathy for another human being."

How then do you make friends and connections ... used to be strangers getting together - in my day ...

Just sayin' ...

Ofcourse, like I said, you will always have some feeling for another being, be it an animal or human or even an insect, but a real connection that you can feel even when you are miles apart is only when you get to know each other better, I think.

Perhaps it is the same feeling but at a different level? Different forms of love.

Like I said, I don't know anything, just makin' conversation, thank you for your contribution.

Oh and I know these kinds of topics have been discussed in depth already, but I just want to see where this thread takes us.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lux96

Have you never caught a glance from a girl and felt - something, maybe a connection;
that your inner voice is telling you to pursue ?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I will comeback on this later, we probably live in different time zones and I am up very early today, going to watch a little bit of TV and then sleep.

Cya later. And thanks for the contribution.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Mind. Blown.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

that's my selfie honest

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

In the words of my dying grandfather:

"Diversity is our salvation."

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You really had me up until:

Stop labeling everything, I'm not schizophrenic, you are not what the world makes you think you are, we are all (human) beings.

You're labeled a human by yourself, first & foremost, so you're kind of being hypocritical here. However feel-good the words, it's also a very subtle slap at individuality, which is quantified by descriptions relating to oneself (feelings, perceptions, likes, dislikes, behaviors) But nice job on getting so many to agree with you already while ignoring a glaring flaw in the logic
Might I suggest politics or journalism as a career? (serious suggestion, that kind of skill fits well with those, it's not a jab)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
-numbers and their meangings....

This is what blows my mind more than anything on the planet... nine times table, every way you look at it folds around on itself! I need to know what it means. Tell me, PLEASE!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

This is what blows my mind more than anything on the planet... nine times table, every way you look at it folds around on itself! I need to know what it means. Tell me, PLEASE!

Can it keep going?

Seriously just blew my fricken mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Eleven plus two.
Twelve plus one.
Same letters.
edit on 24-1-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You really had me up until:

You're labeled a human by yourself, first & foremost, so you're kind of being hypocritical here. However feel-good the words, it's also a very subtle slap at individuality, which is quantified by descriptions relating to oneself (feelings, perceptions, likes, dislikes, behaviors) But nice job on getting so many to agree with you already while ignoring a glaring flaw in the logic
Might I suggest politics or journalism as a career? (serious suggestion, that kind of skill fits well with those, it's not a jab)

That is the reason why human is in brackets, we are all "something", as in we excist therefore we are, but what, I can't say.
Later I say we are all a life-force, wich is also labeling, but in a much broader perspective.
It's kinda the human nature to give everything a name, wich isn't a bad thing persé, but it becomes bad when we forget how simple things really are, or should be.

My main goal is not to try and get most people to agree with me, I very much like your attitude of being a critical thinker wich allows for a dialogue and maybe better insight for both partys involved.

Lastly I said, I don't know anything, I am just as humble as any other being.
Thank you for pointing out the flaw in logic, but try not to look at the details, instead look at the bigger picture of what is trying to be conveyed.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

That is something that boggles my mind too,
the decimal system is created that way, I think, intentionally.

Also, when we take a circle, it is 360 degrees, half that, it'ss 180, half that, it's 90, half that, it's 45, even when we come to decimal numbers it will still add up to 9.
9 in some numerologic explanations is said to be the end of a complete cycle. The end of one thing or the beginning of a new thing.

I am sorry however, I cannot give more information on this as I don't know anything about it, or atleast not for sure, but hey, maybe someone with real knowledge will come by and will talk about it.

Number 9 is also a holy number of Saturn it is said. If you google Saturn and the occult you will come across alot of information.
The whole black cube thing and stuff. It is an interesting read but I cannot say it is proper information.

On a related note, Saturn is in Scorpio from 2012 to 2015 and I'm a scorpio and in a game called "Smite" I usually play with Chronos, what a coincidence.

Thank you all for taking interest in this thread.
Let us explore more.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Have you never caught a glance from a girl and felt - something, maybe a connection;
that your inner voice is telling you to pursue ?

Yes, but is that a real connection? or is that our instinct?
I don't know, but I know what you are getting at, perhaps I miss formulated by saying that we do not have a connection at all with strangers, what I was trying to say was that the connection we can feel from miles away is alot stronger than the connection we feel with someone we do not know.

Please people, excuse me for having flaws in the logic of my thread, I am not perfect, like I said to Nyiah, try not to look at the details and take in the broader picture.

Thanks for the dialogue.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Also, I would like to state that when I say think about our similarities and put our differences aside, the differences I talk about are the ones that divide us, not the ones that make us unique and interesting.
As I see that people are adressing the similarity or diversity idea, I agree with you but we are talking about different things.

When I talk about differences, I talk about different ideas or different skin color and stuff like that wich may be an obstacle for some to be able to relate to each other, I would like to put those things aside so we can talk as one being to another,

ofcourse, there is nothing wrong with having different ideas, it is good for the conversation but try have some tact when you adress an idea that you have a different opinion about, not just: "That's bull#!" but rather: "I have a different opinion, it is as follows..."

Maybe on this forum it is not a big issue, I don't know this forum very well, but most people seem to have an open mind towards new or different ideas or things, I just want to make sure this doesn't become an "I'm right, you're wrong" kinda thread.

Thank you.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Lux96 because: typo

<<   2 >>

join