It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legend (1985) Tom Cruise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Anyone remeber this movie? I watched it a long long time ago. I'm from 91 so it was a decade old when i watched it. This movie tripped me out a lot as a small child.

But i think its just one of those movies hardly anyone has seen. Nowadays i see a gif here and there.
It's like tumbler. I sware. This movie is amazing in a horrible but awesome way. Alice in wonder land really has nothing on Tom Cruise fighting the Devil.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Tim Curry is great in this film.
Enjoyed it as a kid gonna try and find it to re watch now
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh he was this movie is amazing. I'm gunna have to rewatch it too. Now that im older il look for any hidden illuminati propaganda
lol

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
That's one from my childhood, I've got the OST around somewhere as Tangerine Dream did a lot of the music. Definitely worth a watch if having never seen it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Without a doubt one of Tim Curry's BEST roles.

He was amazing in this movie, and I quote this movie often, even still lol

Great one

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It was definitely a cool movie. I was born in '74, so when this film came out, I was at a good age to experience it.

As far as the OP, not knowing many who've seen it: it must be a generational thing, because many people in my age group know this movie.

FWIW, Tim Curry is masterful in this film.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I was hooked from the first time I saw it. It is one of the timeless movies that you can watch anytime.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah!

Love this movie. It's in my top 5 of favourite fantasy movies.

The level of special effects far surpasses a lot of modern movies and given that it was all before computer generated stuff gives it a whole elevated realism!!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was born in 85 and remember this movie from my childhood. I have not seen it in a very long time though it must be decent if I remember it though lol

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I too loved this fantasy movie!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There are a number of movies from this time period that the young-uns just don't know about.

The Legend
The Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal

Honestly some of the best written and executed fantasy films ever. I own The Legend, looks like I need to find the other two and watch em now.

Anybody else remember any goodies? I know there are more, but damned if it's not too early for memory mulling..

edit on 24-1-2015 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Definitely gonna watch it now - TG soundtrack - it doesnt get any better than this

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

This was a good movie when I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Willow? Krull?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It was a pretty neat movie. found it completely be accident a few years back. Tim curry is a really good actor and I loved this movie just for his character

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Never seen it but seen pics.

Tim Curry looks very creepy in that get-up.

I want to watch it now.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Ah yes. How could I forget Willow? Krull was pretty good too. I wanted the crazy throwing star/knife so bad.

And that made me think of Ladyhawk. I haven't seen any of these in ages....

Good save man.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Legend did such a good job of portraying good and innocence vs. evil in the best way. Mia's temptation dance was an excellent interpretation of the seduction of evil and greed.

The problem with the movie is the same cut and dry good vs. evil that we see in Disney films that simply isn't true in RL, so it's unreal-ism extends beyond it's fantasy theme. This makes it not particularly contemporary as now, we're trying to show more of the gray that exists between good and evil.

But still, such an enjoyable film that's right up there(but not tied) with The Princess Bride.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always had a soft spot for Hawk the Slayer, though I guess it was pretty much a low budget B movie.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There will probably never be a better portrayal of the Devil than Tim Curry with that makeup! Also, how could a girl not love Tom Cruise fighting to save unicorns?

And who could forget Labyrinth with the Bog of Eternal Stench and David Bowie's gratuitous crotch shot? It is one of the most epic gratuitous crotch shots ever.

The Dark Crystal is awesome, too.

Now does anyone remember Lady Hawk? Michelle Pfeiffer, Rutger Hauer, and Matthew Broderick. She is a hawk by day and he's a wolf by night because they're cursed.
edit on 24-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join