It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sargon of Akkad Changeling Mother:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Sargon, the mighty king, king of Agade, am I.
My mother was a changeling, my father I knew not.
The brother(s) of my father loved the hills.
My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the banks of the Euphrates.
My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me.
She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed
My lid.
She cast me into the river which rose not (over) me,
The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the
drawer of water.
Akki, the drawer of water lifted me out as he dipped his
e[w]er.
Akki, the drawer of water, [took me] as his son
(and) reared me.
Akki, the drawer of water, appointed me as his gardener,
While I was a gardener, Ishtar granted me (her) love,
And for four and [ ... ] years I exercised kingship,
The black-headed [people] I ruled, I gov[erned];
Mighty [moun]tains with chip-axes of bronze I con-
quered,
www.ancient.eu...

Okay we all know that he was a Semitic speaker that conquered the Sumerians.
That he is likened to Nimrod in one aspect and yet very Moses like in another,and the Moses like image pre-dates him back to the Sumerians themselves,but a quote that I had never paid much attention to was the My mother was a changeling, my father I knew not. wtf??..
Unlike other historical figures who sometimes linked themselves to the "GODS" this guy linked his mother to a changeling, Changelings are in mythology connected to fairies or shape shifters a wiki views gave us this

Some autistic adults have come to identify with changelings (or other replacements, such as aliens) for this reason and their own feeling of being in a world where they do not belong and of practically not being the same species as the other people around them
en.wikipedia.org...

MY FATHER I KNEW NOT. so who was his daddy or what was his daddy,I know I am heading in off in a little ancient aliens tangent but,this is Mesopotamia the land of the so-called Anunnaki where things gets weird,for other earlier kings of Sumer after the Anunnaki gods? retire they seemed pretty straight forward and normal unless someone correct me,but Sargon was weird for his time.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Most suggest the Temple Priestesses of Inanna could be understood as 'changelings', which doesn't neccesarily solve anything

He was born an illegitimate son of a "changeling", which could refer to a temple priestess of the goddess Innana (whose clergy were androgynous)

Sargon of Akkad

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

Most suggest the Temple Priestesses of Inanna could be understood as 'changelings', which doesn't neccesarily solve anything

He was born an illegitimate son of a "changeling", which could refer to a temple priestess of the goddess Innana (whose clergy were androgynous)

Sargon of Akkad

Oh OK if his mom was a Priestesses of Inanna then that may be the reason he knew not his father because they were scared prostitutes,or only some were??.. I don't know , but the changeling mother is still weird.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Daddy was a incubus..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

They liked weird down at the old E-anna, blurring the distinctions between gender and species and establishing their primacy of the principle of change and Inanna as the catalyst, genetic flow and mutation, in the interest of exploring the full potentiality of sexual and reproduction principles, so changelings were highly valued.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

My lid.
drawer of water.
e[w]er.

The same story has carried through the ages and across continents. Either that, or it was simply a common theme everywhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
Daddy was a incubus..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Etymological, ancient and religious descriptionsEdit

The word incubus is derived from Late Latin incubo (a nightmare induced by such a demon); from incub(āre) (to lie upon).[3] One of the earliest mentions of an incubus comes from Mesopotamia on the Sumerian King List, ca. 2400 BC, where the hero Gilgamesh's father is listed as Lilu.[4] It is said that Lilu disturbs and seduces women in their sleep, while Lilitu, a female demon, appears to men in their erotic dreams.[5] Two other corresponding demons appear as well: Ardat lili, who visits men by night and begets ghostly children from them, and Irdu lili, who is known as a male counterpart to Ardat lili and visits women by night and begets from them. These demons were originally storm demons, but they eventually became regarded as night demons because of mistaken etymology
en.m.wikipedia.org...

So called Starchild Skull Not that Iam endorsing any of the above as actually taken place now or yesteryear ,but I listen to what's being said and despite my bias/skepticism try to be open.
strangetruenews.blogspot.jp...
Hmmm more weirdness,again this is pulling me back into an ancient alien's mindset,for the above reads like aliens mixing it up with humans,I am bias against the reality of demons or angels.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I am not sure what you are saying about Moses so would mention that Sargon pre-dated moses by virtually 1000 years. His story would have been learned by the israelites when they went to Babylon and is obviously part of the borrowed r history they used to write their biblical identity with. - Genesis is all borrowed from other cultures also.

Going back to Sargon, changelings and the Anunnaki, although obviously i don't have a means of checking it out but taking what Sitchin tells us it would appear that the Annunaki used groups of themselves and created mankind - so perhaps in some way Sargon refers back to the tablets that record this as his ancient history with a slightly different slant on their meaning than Sitchin thought they said.

Perhaps he thought a changeling was from pure annakaki to human and if these were breeding pairs then there is no reason for the children to have lived within a family atmosphere of mum and dad. It is all speculation but I think you cannot go anywhere near Tolkein's type of Changeling with Sargon's history.

Throughout the pagan world and across cultures you have the virgin birth of a son who becomes a historical figure etc, it seems to go back into some primordial memory of mankind of which we only have the sumerian tablets to refer to and Sitchin's version of them on a lot of topics which is contraversial because of the church t argument did the annanaki or god create us etc? Too much vested interest is involved to get a fair crack of the whip of this type of history.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

We also go back to the idea of experimentation and the creation of half man and animal again which possibly might be a primordial memory which kept the hoover feet on humans within the mind of artists and sculptures. There is an oblique reference in the bible of god destroying the mess so-called humans had created which is fascinating if taken in this context.

The San people loved to paint half-human and half-animal people and the transformation between the two which has to have something to have inspired this kind of painting which went from simple hand stencils into this sophisticated art form which goes back 50,000 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I am not sure what you are saying about Moses so would mention that Sargon pre-dated moses by virtually 1000 years

My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me.
My lid.
drawer of water.
e[w]er.
(and) reared me.

The Moses similarity, both were placed in basket and floated down river to be rescued and reared by persons of importance,both served their kings in high positions before ultimately turning against them.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

My mother was a changeling, my father I knew not.
The brother(s) of my father loved the hills.

Makes me think of the sidhe in mythology...

The aos sí (Irish pronunciation: [iːs ˈʃiː], "ees shee", older form aes sídhe [eːs ˈʃiːðʲə]), "ays sheeth-uh") is the Irish term for a supernatural race in Irish mythology and Scottish mythology, (usually spelled Sìth, however pronounced the same) comparable to the fairies or elves. They are said to live underground in fairy mounds, across the western sea, or in an invisible world that coexists with the world of humans. This world is described in the Book of Invasions (recorded in the Book of Leinster) as a parallel universe in which the aos sí walk amongst the living. In the Irish language, aos sí means "people of the mounds" (the mounds are known in Irish as "the sídhe"). In Irish literature the people of the mounds are also called daoine sídhe [ˈdiːnʲə ˈʃiːə]; in Scottish mythology they are daoine sìth. They are variously said to be the ancestors, the spirits of nature, or goddesses and gods.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Other-worlders, not off-worlders.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Kantzveldt

We also go back to the idea of experimentation and the creation of half man and animal again which possibly might be a primordial memory which kept the hoover feet on humans within the mind of artists and sculptures. There is an oblique reference in the bible of god destroying the mess so-called humans had created which is fascinating if taken in this context.

The San people loved to paint half-human and half-animal people and the transformation between the two which has to have something to have inspired this kind of painting which went from simple hand stencils into this sophisticated art form which goes back 50,000 years.

Going Farther vs. Going Deeper
The Ayahuasquero shamans speak of going father–To explore dimensions beyond our own, and this may well be a function of the '___'. With the strong correlation between natural '___' release during physical death, '___' seems to be a gateway to the realms beyond the physical. I experienced several of these dimensions in an epic Ayahuasca journey and can attest to the ‘otherness’ of these realms. Those who smoke '___' also generally report the feeling of seeing something far beyond one’s self.
The Iboga Bwiti shamans speak of going deeper, not farther. They believe that their medicine accesses the infinite nature of the soul inside of us, and that soul’s infinite knowledge that extends all the way to the beginning of time. In my entire 24 hour encounter with Truth, there was never the feeling that I was accessing anything outside of myself. It is simply that the self I was accessing was virtually omniscient and had our best interest at heart!
aubreymarcus.com...

Perhaps they made use of psychedelics, in their rituals certainly the Ba-Twa aka pygmies do,not sure if Austrailians use something similar for their dream-time paintings and that ancient Indian drug called Soma now believed to be lost .

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Perhaps they made use of psychedelics, in their rituals certainly the Ba-Twa aka pygmies do,not sure if Austrailians use something similar for their dream-time paintings and that ancient Indian drug called Soma now believed to be lost .

I don't think psychedelics would be needed if the brain was neurologically wired correctly in terms of being able to interact with the other worlds, through belief, upbringing and education. Something that is forbidden to be taught in schools nowadays. Magical thinking etc.

But back then it was the norm.

The labyrinth could be a example of these mystery teachings/journeys.

In medieval times, the labyrinth symbolized a hard path to God with a clearly defined center (God) and one entrance (birth). In their cross-cultural study of signs and symbols, Patterns that Connect, Carl Schuster and Edmund Carpenter present various forms of the labyrinth and suggest various possible meanings, including not only a sacred path to the home of a sacred ancestor, but also, perhaps, a representation of the ancestor him/herself:

I found the labyrinth to be associated with the goddess hecate. Who symbolises the thin places, veil or "membrane" between worlds, and also facilitates the journeys to such places. The original journey was a shamanic inner journey that was taught and externalised as "reality"...

The membrane, is hecate, is the labyrinth..

Yes our minds can do this, and they did as a way of life back then, today however, tptb have other plans for our minds.

TAKE IT BACK!

This [snip] is real.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I am not sure what you are saying about Moses so would mention that Sargon pre-dated moses by virtually 1000 years. His story would have been learned by the israelites when they went to Babylon and is obviously part of the borrowed r history they used to write their biblical identity with. - Genesis is all borrowed from other cultures also.

It would also have been embedded in their culture through the Canaanite religion from which they came.

Harte

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Thanks for the musical interlude, Cypress Hill took me back and great graphics to boot

Yes you are right off-course using plants to bring about altered states is only one option,other communities may use different methods,such as the Whirling dervishes or folks who sent themselves in to trance.

So the Temple priest/priestesses traveled to different dimensions within the mind and thus appear weird to us regular folks,the beings they encounter and have conversations with other worldly as you say not off world.
I am weak in the area of metaphysics it is too intangible for me I want to measure it test it,I am more bias in-favor of off worlders no matter how improbable should they show up, I would be able to put them under a microscope kick the tires on their craft,but the brain what a wonderful organ.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Interesting picture of the ladder i remember reading about shamen saying this in this book www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Interesting indeed, especially with that link you added.

Yep! Ladders, ropes and trees all refer to the inner journey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey spider, is that your long lost "soma" Inside there?

There is also the amphibious trance state ingress of a frog or fish that allows en-trance entrance into the watery abyss allowing for space/interdimensional travel.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

According to the cuneiform inscription known as The Legend of Sargon (his autobiography), he was born the illegitimate son of a "changeling", which could refer to a temple priestess of the goddess Inanna (whose clergy were androgynous) and never knew his father.

www.ancient.eu...

I think there might be some confusion by the author about the use of “changeling”. In the Star Trek universe a changeling may be someone who can change form and often between genders but beyond Star Trek, changelings are children that are believed to have been swapped at birth or soon after. In the stories of some cultures, the changeling was left and their child taken to be raised by fairies or elves, trolls or goblins, depending on the child that they considered themselves to have been left with instead. It was a narrative device to explain unexplainable and unpreventable illnesses, such as birth abnormalities and other causes of infant mortality, or if noticed later, to explain intellectual differences, such as being “away with the fairies”. Who was keeping the human child, seems to have been determined by what they deemed the “specialness” to be a manifestation of.

The way it is used in the Sargon legend could have been a means to explain his legitimacy to the throne, if his mother was a changeling, she may have been born a princess and swapped with the child of a commoner??? Sargon, in the course of that narrative would just be taking back his birth right.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

This turns out to be quite odd. I was trying to figure out why the author of the article in your OP had thought that the reference to Sargon's mother as a 'changeling' identified her with the the priesthood of Inanna, and whether that explained why he was using the Star Trek explanation of changeling.

His source, J.B. Pritchard's The Ancient Near East, Volume I, pages 85-86 provides the additional footnote...

1. There is no indication as to whether the term refers to a change in the social, religious, or national status.

Nothing to do with gender, or priestesses for that matter...

Pritchard credits the translation to, E A Speiser, however, Speiser's translation doesn't say 'changeling' it says, 'entu priestess'. Confused much? I am.

There are two extant versions of the legend, both fragmented and both representing completely different time periods in terms of the narrative evolution. The oldest version, which belongs to the Naru tradition...the pertinent extract...

Then Sargon -- his city was the city of ......, his father was La'ibum , his mother ......., Sargon ...... with happy heart. Since he was born .......

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

Apart from her having a happy heart, nothing about his mother, his father was named though. There is little debate or over transliteration of this text.

The later version, from the late Akkadian period comes in a number of variations. The standard version has the mother as being of lowly birth, another that she was a vestal, and then later, Speiser translates her as an Entu-Priestess. Speiser is most contemporary. Barton and Harper who conducted the previous transliterations were undertaken between 1910 and 1925 ish, Speiser in the 50s.

Pritchard was a highly esteemed Near Eastern academic. So was Speiser. They even worked at the same university, Pennsylvannia, collaborated on at least one book together. Pritchard made no mention of disagreeing with Speiser's translation, or anyone else's for that matter, nor why his differs.

It's a bit of a mystery really, no wonder the articles author had to draw on Star Trek for the logic needed to draw it together.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join