It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe my country is ranting about........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: ChiefD

The subject of pro football corruption may not be so trivial after you read this:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS BEAT THE POINT-SPREAD 80% OF THE TIME IN RAINY GAMES
... But only 56% of the time in dry weather games, for the past 12 seasons!

So this obviously wasn't a one-game anomaly. They've been using deflating balls - especially in rainy weather when the ball is slippery - for over a decade.

Nope, sorry. It's still trivial.

When it comes to money-making in Pro sports, NOTHING is ever on the 'up and up'. At this point in history, stuff like this should be common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS BEAT THE POINT-SPREAD 80% OF THE TIME IN RAINY GAMES
... But only 56% of the time in dry weather games, for the past 12 seasons!

So this obviously wasn't a one-game anomaly. They've been using deflating balls - especially in rainy weather when the ball is slippery - for over a decade.

You can't come to that conclusion based on that information.
That's a massive jump ahead.
BTW ... Did you notice that they did better without the ball deflated?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Stories like this make me so mad I am going to cancel cable I have had it with them.

Oh wait.... I did that years ago.

I regret nothing.

Deflated balls are big news...HAHA...now that's funny.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I haven't had "Cable" in nearly a decade, now. Reception package only, which means I can get local 'News' and weather, and that's about it.

Cable television has nothing for me (other than behavioral programming), so I can do without it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sorry, I get my news from RT. There are no deflated balls in Russia.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Maybe no "deflated" balls in Russia, but corruption around soccer? Oh Yeah ...

www.cbssports.com...
(Nov. 2014) FBI INVESTIGATING CORRUPTION IN FIFA

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I still say that there is a lot of corruption in pro sports - like the Superbowl. I've watched enough Superbowls to see star receivers repeatedly drop perfectly thrown passes, offensive lines repeatedly collapse for the stressed quarterback to repeatedly search for anyone "open", and Refs make bad calls in tight games.

Now, just the drafting of the Refs for a Superbowl is a big deal:

en.wikipedia.org...
LIST OF SUPER BOWL OFFICIALS
Scroll down to the refs already picked for the 2015 Superbowl. Despite all the hinky stuff I've spotted in Superbowls, there are a dozen refs who have been in 4 and 5 Superbowls.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This tread reminded me....

When John B Wells was a weekend host on the Coast-To-Coast radio show, there was an episode about mind control.
As C-2-C fans know, the show's format often includes reserving the last hour of the show for callers to phone in with questions and comments.

A caller commented that he didn't believe in " the mind-control nonsense. It was imagined by a bunch of loons."

Wells had a great comment. He said "What do you call 110 million people watching a football game? "

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

LOL! Of course, a simple solution for deflated-balls in final games, would be to go back to Ice Bowl:

www.profootballhof.com...
HISTORY: THE 1967 "ICE BOWL"

en.wikipedia.org...
THE 1967 NFL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

www.dallasnews.com...
PERSONAL STORIES FROM THE "ICE BOWL"
edit on 24-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You feel better just by ranting about it? I wish I had that ability.

I personally won't feel better until professional sports (& hollywood for that matter) no longer exist.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It just shows how many idiots are in this country and how the media distracts them from more important stuff. I remember that one guy from the bearded moron show (the one where they make duck calls) got taken off the show and all hell broke loose. People here are the most uninformed I've ever seen. They don't seem to have any priorities.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A bunch of NFL retired quarterbacks, some of them in the Hall of Fame, said they played games with deflated balls all the time, and nobody made a big deal of it.

What happened to the Patriots is they were the ones who got caught.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hero worship is strong in America from professional sports to Hollywood. Perhaps they are doing exactly as they're meant to do and that's to distract.

So I agree, we have a country of people who focus on the wrong things all the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Maybe no "deflated" balls in Russia, but corruption around soccer? Oh Yeah ...

www.cbssports.com...
(Nov. 2014) FBI INVESTIGATING CORRUPTION IN FIFA

[/quote

I have idea what your talking about. Look at all the crap the Banksters are doing to you, and you care about what? Football? NASCAR? American Idol?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Or if you want to apply some tinfoil you could say that what happened to the New England Patriots is that they have the wrong team name. This is America and we aren't supposed to think of Patriots as positive anymore. Hence, someone "discovers" deflated balls and suddenly the Patriots are dirty cheaters and the villains of the Super Bowl.

And, as has been pointed out, you have 110 million people paying attention to this. Patriot = cheaters = bad is being pounded into their head ALL DAY now.

edit on 24-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Shhhh, long term/mass conditioning doesn't exist.

/waves hand
This is not the forum you seek.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

But I can have some hope most people will resist to some degree because it certainly hasn't worked out so well with the Redskins so far.

The big danger is the wider cultural campaign.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We should be talking about the deflated balls in DC.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are masters of the subtle long game.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's as if the whole thing is an ambiguous controversy that will have no real repercussions, only created to generate excitement for the Super Bowl. Never before has the NFL gotten so much free advertising.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join