It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe my country is ranting about........

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
deflated balls.

Yeah, seriously, one of the hottest topics in the news in the United States is "deflate gate" aka deflated footballs.

Apparently, "someone" from the New England Patriots deflated 11 footballs in the AFC title game where they "deflated" the Indianapolis Colts 45-7 using deflated footballs.

So now it's all over the damn news a big scandal that the Patriots cheated (again).....yawn

With all the things going on in the world, the big thing in the United States is deflated balls. Wow!

Whatever. I think it's kind of silly. Typical, but silly.

Okay, I'm done bitching. I feel so much better.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I second that rant!

Clap seal, clap! Ar,ar,ar,ar!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

*heh heh* You said deflated balls ... *heh heh heh*

Sorry for the Beavis and Butthead moment.

At least it does prove one thing: People can still care about cheating and lying when it suits them to care about it. Although how they can endlessly speculate about how false it sounds when Belichek and Brady play dumb when they sort of give Obama a pass for it all the time, I can't figure out ...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah... It's really just a bunch of hot air BS IMO. People are so puffed up and full of themselves lately, they just can't seem to think beyond themselves or their favorite sports teams. Maybe Alex Jones was right about us being too self absorbed about petty things to even care about the bigger ones. Having to admit that kind of takes the wind out of one's sails really.

They went above and beyond blowing it up... Blowing it out of all proportions. It's really a let down that folks can't seem to get a grip on reality long enough to say enough is enough.

My expectations have fallen flat so many times lately, that I can't even say that I am surprised.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When is the White House announcing an Executive Order?

If they wait too long, they might have a crisis on their hands !!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well. It is kinda funny, for whatever that's worth.

Tom Brady Talks About His Balls

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The whole thing is so silly.

I think this keeps us from thinking of really scary things in the news. It may be comforting to some. I just think it's kind of ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Agree,

We have unchecked genocide in the world and are on the verge of WW III and we wasting time on a damn game.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And for the record, I live 20 miles from Green Bay, WI, aka Titletown USA. I am a rabid Green Bay Packers fan.

While I am sad they won't be in the Superbowl, I realize they screwed up big time and blew the game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Life goes on.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yep the Packs totally had that game in the bag. Sucks too. One of my favorite alums plays for them, so when the Chiefs suck it up, we turn on the Packers and when that game ended, my husband and I both turned to each other, sighed and said, "Welp, that's the end of football for this year."

Then I called my folks ... and my mom admitted that she and dad had pretty much said the exact same thing!

Now for the long, dark wilderness of basketball and baseball to begin ... Time for politics.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
And for the record, I live 20 miles from Green Bay, WI, aka Titletown USA. I am a rabid Green Bay Packers fan.

While I am sad they won't be in the Superbowl, I realize they screwed up big time and blew the game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Life goes on.
Yea, that was a collapse for the ages. It will be referenced any time it looks like a team is completely out of the game, something like "don't count them out just yet remember the Seahawks and Packers?".

I've watched football for 35 years or so and have never seen the likes of what we saw on Sunday. That game was so unbelievably bad that I may be done with watching football altogether.

Both those teams should be ashamed of that game, they're supposed to be the class of the NFC but both teams looked like the Bears could have dominated them the way they played on Sunday.

Oh yea, almost forgot Go Pats! Even if they do have saggy balls.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Someone should tell Tom Brady a lot of people would like to touch his balls... just sayin

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This is by far one of the best rants I have ever read on this site. When I see all the talk about deflated footballs and the like I shake my head. Anything to distract the people. People are paid millions of dollars.......for throwing balls. Essentially, they're doing what most boys did after school. Except they're wearing tights and there's millions of people who buy into it. Tights. What are they Robin Hood and his Merry Men?

Bread and circuses. It's everywhere. Distractions. The Conspiracy. I just, I can't.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Just like the Romans before they fell the Senators of Rome became powerless, distract the masses with the bread and circus charade. Sound familiar?

Once you wake up lots of things lose their luster real quick. I still enjoy watching football occasionally, but my interest has waned considerably especially when you take a step back and realize these modern day gladiators are making (& idolized by) millions playing a damn game. Yea, our society is broken.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
And the footballs were replaced after half and Brady did better!

I will say they could of delt with it better when they gave their pressers.
One of them needed to take the "buck stops here" approach but both just shrugged their shoulders and said Idk what happened.

But yes totally blown out of proportion

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
YES!

I was going to post a rant on this, myself.

With everything going on in the world, the Media, and the populace, have nothing better to investigate, than deflated effing footballs?!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My husbands a big fan of football. So I've heard ALL about it.

11 of the 12 balls were under-inflated. Which means one of them was fully inflated to take out to the kicker, so the ball wouldn't be 'off' when he tried for the field goal or one point.

The rest of the balls were under inflated to make for easier gripping.

They cheated. Plain and simple. Yet still they remain to go to the super bowl. I think that's BS.

CdT

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Professional sports is BIG business, and anyone that believes that ALL pro sports teams aren't doing anything, and everything (legal, and illegal) they can to gain an edge, is fooling themselves.

This 'scandal' is a non-story, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The under-inflated balls were used in the first half and they scored 14 points.
The regular inflated balls were used in the second half and they scored twice as much.
The Patriots did better with the regular inflated balls.
Any alleged cheating didn't help the team.
When you look at these scores, it shows the under inflated balls probably hurt them.

That being said ... balls aren't regularly checked throughout the season for how much air is in them so we have no idea which teams are using under inflated balls. TV talking heads say they all do it. The Patriots are the better team and they won by doing what all the teams are said to do.

edit on 1/24/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The subject of pro football corruption (and "Deflategate" with the Patriots in particular) may not seem so trivial after you read this:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS BEAT THE POINT-SPREAD 80% OF THE TIME IN RAINY GAMES
... But only 56% of the time in dry weather games, for the past 12 seasons!

So this obviously wasn't a one-game anomaly. They've been using deflating balls - especially in rainy weather when the ball is slippery - for over a decade.

edit on 24-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join