It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Dogs Possibly Stolen In Wise County Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dog Fighting?

More than 40 dogs have vanished from a North Texas county over the past two months, leaving behind no clues in a mystery that's devastated their owners.

"I'm horrified," said Robin Lewis, whose family lost their black Lab, Jack, from their Decatur home in December.

Jack is just one of dozens of dogs who have vanished in Wise County.

On the very same day Jack disappeared, Decatur Mayor Martin Woodruff lost his daughter's pit bull and Great Dane, who disappeared from Woodruff's fenced-in back yard.

"Police dispatch said after several hours that this is very unusual," said Woodruff.

Someone in the comments section suggested it was coyotes doing this, but, I can see coyotes jumping over a fence and hauling away a Chihuahua or something, but a Labrador, a Great Dan, AND a Pit Bull in one day? That's one HELLUVA coyote! That or chupacabra is on the loose again! Personally I can see medical experimentation or dog fighting as the reason. And I doubt it's dogs taking off, not all 40 of them so close together in a time period.

Since November, 40 dogs have been reported missing, according to the Wise County sheriff. There's no physical evidence that proves the dogs were taken. Still, neighbors have a growing suspicion that all the missing dogs are not just a coincidence.

"It begs the question of where are these dogs going? And who's taking them? And what are they doing with them?" said Lewis.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have actually caught someone trying to steal my mini Aussie from my yard when I lived in Texas. After I adopted a large pit/lab mix that became his partner in crime, never had any more incidents.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe that douche bag Michael Vick is active again.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People who make dogs fight need to be tar and feathered.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Coyotes can kill large dogs. I know some people that had a large German shepherd that got ripped apart by a pack. There would be blood on the scene if it was coyotes, though.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would suggest the culprit might possibly be a Bigfoot who now has an appetite for dogs and has discovered they're easy prey. The species has been seen to leap 10 feet or more in a standing jump and fences pose no obstacles. The police should begin checking yard areas for unusual hair and indentations in the soil. It's understood by Bigfoot researchers that there's a natural enmity between the BF species and dogs. I hope whatever is getting the dogs is found and stopped as people do love their animals and this is unforgivable. My best,

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Check for a new restaurant or food trucks in the area, seriously, it happened in Austin about 10 years ago. Horrible thought but it does actually happen. They were keeping all the dogs in a tiny apartment and choosing a few to "prep" as needed. My son actually threw up when he asked where his favorite food truck was on his college campus and the security guard told him about the investigation and what they had found.

STM
edit on 23-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It seems like if it were dog fighters the dogs would fight...unless they're tranquilizing them somehow.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Check for a new restaurant or food trucks in the area, seriously, it happened in Austin about 10 years ago. Horrible thought but it does actually happen. They were keeping all the dogs in a tiny apartment and choosing a few to "prep" as needed. My son actually threw up when he asked where his favorite food truck was on his college campus and the security guard told him about the investigation and what they found.

STM

I don't have words to describe how I felt when I read this.

I'll go and hug my dog now.

Poor, innocent beings.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Check for a new restaurant or food trucks in the area, seriously, it happened in Austin about 10 years ago. Horrible thought but it does actually happen. They were keeping all the dogs in a tiny apartment and choosing a few to "prep" as needed. My son actually threw up when he asked where his favorite food truck was on his college campus and the security guard told him about the investigation and what they had found.

STM

Ugh! I just ate too. Hold on, I think it's coming back for a round trip!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
delete
edit on 23-1-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sorry, it had the same effect on my son too. The truck's specialty was fajitas. Used to be his favorite. He hasn't eaten it since. I'm not into them either anymore.

STM

edit on 23-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sorry, it had the same effect on my son too. The truck's specialty was fajitas. Used to be his favorite. He hasn't eaten it since.

STM

I can't blame him. I do the same thing with tomato soup. I have the stomach bug once and my dad made it with milk. Needless to say I painted the floors that day and cannot stomach tomato based soups ever since. Basically your brain tricks you into not liking that food ever again.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

STM

Lol..oh the memories.

I once returned from work to find my dog missing. Apparently my girlfriend got off work early and took him to the park. There was a Chinese take-out menu slipped in the door. I almost went Rambo commando on the restaurant, luckily, she called my cell before getting to my car.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

IMHO they may be using them as bait dogs.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Bait dog? Bait for what?

STM

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

In dog fighting they use stray dogs / stollen or free to good home dogs to train / fight their prize fighting dogs. Its sad and really (excuse my bad English) piss's me off.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Bait dog? Bait for what?

STM

People who raise dogs for fighting use a bait dog to teach their dog how to kill.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx
It seems like if it were dog fighters the dogs would fight...unless they're tranquilizing them somehow.

No, the dogs are used as bait to train fighting dogs.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Horrible! I hope they solve this mystery soon and that they're okay.

STM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join