It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only beauty wasn't hidden behind prejudice (Trance)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are many, many styles of music that I love. That goes without saying really. However, there is one type of music that gets a bad press, if in fact it gets any press at all. I am talking about trance/progressive.
I have always felt, since I first started listening in the early 1990's, that this music is the new classical.

Let's hear a reasonably new song

Here's a song that, after the usual 20 second filler, is equivalent to the music of ludovico Einaudi.

And of course, we always need to hear the voice. The Voice.

Sarah Hewitt

Roxanne Emery

Audrey Gallagher

Are these not the voices of angels? I have never heard more beautiful voices, nor have I heard more beautiful music than Trance.

Ilove all types of music, I just feel this is underrated.

What would you do, if you were wearing my shoes

edit on 23-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Agreed that the music is ethereal and lovely... but the first video just reminds me how awkward it is to be a pretty girl on camera for extended periods with nothing to do but look ...er... mate-able.

There's only so many coy smiles and "I know I'm hot" looks one can watch before you start wondering what you have to eat or where you left your lighter...

But yeah, I'm a sucker for trance... just not bad videos!
edit on 1/23/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/23/2015 by Baddogma because: fix

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
I agree, the first video sucks em in lmao!!! it's a realisization I guess. Fact is ...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I still love the classic trance sound. What killed it for me was all these vocals. To each their own but IMHO you can't beat these tunes from the late 90's for trance goodness.

And for anyone who says trance is cheese and soft, check this out. Even my metal head friends gave it respect.

join