It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeys throw poo, apparently now whales do too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Poo-Nado throwing whales

Four free divers taking photos of a sperm whale off the Island of Dominica got quite the surprise last spring when they found themselves submerged in a cloud of whale poo.

As the divers, who were on a government-approved expedition, slowly approached the whale, it turned toward them and started to defecate. It spun in circles as it bobbed up and down, wafting the faecal matter with its tail, seemingly intent on spreading it in their direction.

“The water was crystal clear, initially, and was the most idyllic Caribbean blue water that you could imagine. After a few waves of faeces were released and stirred vigorously by the whale, the water was like chocolate milk, I couldn’t see my hand when I held it in front of my face,” recalled Canadian photographer Keri Wilk, 30, who described the brown mist as a “poonado.”

“I had poop in my eyes, mouth, wetsuit, everywhere and I was soaked in it from head to toe.”

Wilk caught the poo attack, considered to be a rarely seen defence mechanism, on camera. This week, the fascinating, poop-filled photos are going viral.

“The guilty whale stayed in one spot, kept defecating, and spinning like a bus-sized blender, growing the cloud to well over 100 feet in diameter. The 30 foot whale was completely hidden inside the gigantic poop ball. When we were sufficiently confused/blinded by poop, it burst out of the poop ball faster than I’ve ever seen a whale move.”

While the residue of the “poonado” quickly washed away, Wilk took an extra long shower later that day, “just in case.”

I probably would have taken TWO showers, just in case. LOL As gross as it is, it is also very cool if it has never been filmed before. I think the whales are tired of human's crap so they're throwing it back at us. (j/k-maybe)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hee-hee. I would have probably soaked in a drum full of Barbicide.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

LOL

My kind of whale... one with a sense of humor.

It smiled while spraying the diver..

Ahahahaha

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL

Ahahahaha

I thought that was funny as well. A ticked off evil whale with an awesome sense of humor! LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

“The guilty whale stayed in one spot, kept defecating, and spinning like a bus-sized blender, growing the cloud to well over 100 feet in diameter. The 30 foot whale was completely hidden inside the gigantic poop ball. When we were sufficiently confused/blinded by poop, it burst out of the poop ball faster than I’ve ever seen a whale move.”

Sweet Jesus, I can't stop myself from laughing...

Literally choked on my own spit...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

lol

I don't know if ill ever be able to get this hilariously disgusting and incredibly horrifying vision out of my head.

that whale, chucking poo, faster than anyone had ever deemed possible... LOL This thread just made my night.

haha animals are not as stupid as we like to believe, imo
edit on 24-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

In the words of Dr Ian Malcom in Jurassic park "thats a lot of #"

Awesome to know about though. Animals are so smart and cunning.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Go Whales!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

LOL

Ahahahaha

Haha! I can only imagine!! That would be freaking amazing hahaha!

top topics

join