It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Pelican Dying In Serial Slashings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Glitch.

EDIT:

Glitch resolved.

edit on 24-1-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Anyafaj

I hope they catch the one who is responsible for all this. I love animals, and this just broke my heart.

Why would someone torture pelicans?

Weirdly enough, pelicans are symbol of christianity, of Jesus Christ.

In medieval Europe, the pelican was thought to be particularly attentive to her young, to the point of providing her own blood by wounding her own breast when no other food was available. As a result, the pelican came to symbolise the Passion of Jesus and the Eucharist,[105] and usurped the image of the lamb and the flag.[106] A reference to this mythical characteristic is contained for example in the hymn by Saint Thomas Aquinas, "Adoro te devote" or "Humbly We Adore Thee", where in the penultimate verse he describes Christ as the "loving divine pelican, able to provide nourishment from his breast".[107] Elizabeth I of England adopted the symbol, portraying herself as the "mother of the Church of England". Nicholas Hilliard painted the Pelican Portrait in around 1573, now owned by the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool.[108] A pelican feeding her young is depicted in an oval panel at the bottom of the title page of the first (1611) edition of the King James Bible.[106]

wikipedia source

That I didn't know.

Learn something new everyday!

edit on 1/24/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join