It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiz - What Famous Poem Was Written About You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another fun quiz - What Famous Poem Was Written About You?

Quiz Here

My results - exactly what I figured it would be.
I even have a quote of his in my signature.

You got 'The Raven' by Edgar Allan Poe!

Like the master himself, you enjoy all things dead and dying. The eerie, the creepy, and tragic, fascinate you immensely as your mind is awhirlwind of macabre tales and ancient myths. "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door."

edit on 1/23/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/23/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

WOW!

You got 'Phenomenal Woman' by Maya Angelou!

A true feminist to your core, you revel in equality, not hatred. Your openness and accepting nature may intimidate many who cannot handle the face of true equality, but it is easy for those who have tasted the sweetness of its flavor.
"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You got 'There is Another Sky' by Emily Dickinson!

Optimistic, but not without a sense of pragmatism, you yearn for foreign lands and exotic tastes. The tides of fate and change thrill you as you surf their waves into the next phase of your life.
"There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!"

That pretty much sums me up

Jane

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

There Is Another Sky for me too.

Sounds about right.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Seems to fit me fairly well.

You got "The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost!

It brings you pleasure to find adventure wherever you can. You love to explore, the mysteries of life, land, and sea. The legends of old and promise of knowledge keep you traveling on and on.
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"Invictus" ! And it just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite poems, so that was a pleasant surprise.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Now I need to go read up on my muse!

A true feminist to your core, you revel in equality, not hatred. Your openness and accepting nature may intimidate many who cannot handle the face of true equality, but it is easy for those who have tasted the sweetness of its flavor.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

WOW!

I got "Phenomenal Woman" too. lol
edit on 1/23/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The Raven is a wonderful poem. Edgar Allen Poe was a great writer/poet. His tales are very intelligent and full of class.

I got "The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost!

It brings you pleasure to find adventure wherever you can. You love to explore, the mysteries of life, land, and sea. The legends of old and promise of knowledge keep you traveling on and on.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I got "The Man From Nantucket"

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You got "The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I got Invictus by William Earnest Hensley but it would let me copy the description.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh well nothing better to do this time of night....

I got "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron!

A romantic to your very core, you cannot help your attractions and fancies in all things, including those who cross your path. Passion leads you towards your fate, towards your true love; that, for you, is the meaning of a life lived successfully.

"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies."

Seems fitting. Thanks for an other fun test.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I got The Raven by Poe ...
Always did enjoy reading his work .. along with the works of byron ..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Useless fun FlyersFan factoid .... my high school boyfriend was a great nephew of Emily Dickenson .. something like that. He was a direct relative. In high school I wanted to be an author so I thought that connection was pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No hatred. That's an exceptional worthy goal to aspire to.
Easier said than done.

First thing I thought of .... St Terese of Lisieux believed in love for all and no hate. She was a cloistered nun and even in the convent some nuns were more popular and better liked than others. At meal times, she would purposely sit with the nuns that she didn't like in order to get to know them better and to overcome her dislike. I suppose your version of that would be to watch Fox n Friends every morning and see if you could get through it without any snarky comments running through your head.
I couldn't do it ... five minutes of FOX or MSNBC and I'm making snarky comments about the absurd propaganda and those pumping it out ... Mystery Science Theatre 3000 style . But it really is hate and I suppose I shouldn't be doing that .. but what the heck, I'm not going to stop and I know it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I guess we all have our own definitions of "hatred". I think of it as an emotion toward someone that we carry in our hearts. I have a belief that pretty much everyone is doing the best with what they have. I find sympathy for even abusers, criminals and terrorists, because they must have pretty terrible inner lives to be acting out in the way they do.

Disagreement isn't hatred. And I do hate things (pain), circumstances, ideas. But people? I'm not going to waste my energy on hating anyone. I feel like I see them for what they are - other people, just like me, trying to find our way in this world and sometimes taking a destructive path. I'd rather be a disconnected observer than an involved hater.

If someone purposefully killed my dogs or my husband (or anyone that I loved) I might hate them for a while, but I'd have to come to terms with it and forgive them, for my own peace. I have forgiven my abusers and no longer hate them, but feel sympathy for them instead.

Hatred weakens me. It's dis-empowering. I simply don't want to carry it in my heart. It's like worry, a wasted and damaging emotion for the person feeling it.

My husband got Edgar Allen Poe.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm not going to waste my energy on hating anyone.

I think that would please Maya Angelou very much.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

'She Walks in Beauty' by Lord Byron!

A romantic to your very core, you cannot help your attractions and fancies in all things, including those who cross your path. Passion leads you towards your fate, towards your true love; that, for you, is the meaning of a life lived successfully.

"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies."

top topics

join