It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images Many American Poeple Just Can't Understand - Our World is Taught to Hate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shauny
a reply to: stosh64
Education and religion killed the USA

Technically those 2 things contributed, it was Democracy that killed the USA. Not really Democracy but more of the wrong version of Democracy. The greedy fat cats didn't help the situation either when it came to the bottom line. I guess we will rebuild the Once Great Nation once more again.

Would that mean the old model must fall? Is it too late to save the Titanic that is the US from sinking?

Time will tell

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

I live in Scotland, Europe, you can't be more diverse here.
Look if I was ignorant why would so many say the Education System is right?
I put a video up of the issues in my Country.

Ignorant no.
Wide awake, yes.
Where I write is at the bottom of everything I write about.
I do it so I learn first, if others learn, bonus

Cheers

I am simply saying that in a good deal of the US and around these parts, its major league diverse. The days of getting our minds wrapped around it have long past. This idea that americans are in some sort of cultural isolation is a large myth. It really is. Don't believe it.

We, around here have large populations of Cambodians (several tribes represented), West Africans (Liberians, Nigerians ect) Central and South Americans (a number of tribes represented), Eastern Europeans, Hindi, Pakistani, Chines, Japanese, Ethiopians, Arabs/Mideast, an occasional Persian, Russian, Lithuanian, ect.

One can hardly do anything around here without coming into contact daily or from time to time with one or more of the above. I am so conditioned to the diversity that when I was recently in a small town an hour from here it struck me as very odd that everyone was white there. But wouldn't you know it in walked an oriental guy.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
One can hardly do anything around here without coming into contact daily or from time to time with one or more of the above. I am so conditioned to the diversity that when I was recently in a small town an hour from here it struck me as very odd that everyone was white there. But wouldn't you know it in walked an oriental guy.
Funny, I went from working in a very diverse environment, where the 'visible minority' were,...in fact, the majority...to a small town about an hour away that I described as 'so white, it's creepy'. And an East Asian (cuz for some reason, saying Oriental is no linger kosher...wait, can I say that?) is as likely to be a United Church Minister. The point is, I see a casual racism here among many of the locals who are generally a church-goin' crowd. Born, I'm sure, of little contact with non-whites and too much scary TV. To my mind, proximity breaks down cultural barriers.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Sorry if I replied already..

Total respect, cheers for being totally cool

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I didn't slander America. You read wrong my friend.
I don't play childish games, I am stuck to a chair, I have a thirst for knowledge here in Scotland where Rain, Snow, Wind, Cold were invented.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here we go again, more volunteers looking to gain more pity for their volunteer service to further American corporate greed. All I see when I see these pictures is a bunch of uneducated volunteers thinking they have some divine right in America over the rest of us Americans just becasue they raped and pillaged another country. Your emotional appeals don't work on me, sorry I dont have any sympathy for you when you volunteed yet the other side the "bad guys" are the ones being invaded.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I didn't slander America. You read wrong my friend.
I don't play childish games, I am stuck to a chair, I have a thirst for knowledge here in Scotland where Rain, Snow, Wind, Cold were invented.

It looks like you are an old timer on ATS......and are still posting this bender sort of stuff. Hay but its ok because most people would probably consider Scotland a isolated backwater sort of place. I was watching a clip of the Drum and Pipe core and they had like one black guy in the whole outfit. Scottish military is what about 1% non white? American military is maybe 40%.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yea sort of typical but I have traveled abroad and learned that its like that in a lot of places. If you are not of the local race or tribe then your movement is going to be limited. Have been in places where the police will come and tell you to get out.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: itsmethegoat

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
it would seem hate is easier than love....i do hope one day we the people find peace and love it would make all of our lives so much better....

good thread..

Actually, you're absolutely right that hate is easier to feel than love, and it's all derived from fear. It's a mindless defense mechanism. Fear of letting ourselves open and having the ability to feel for one another. Going through the world with hatred on our minds and in our hearts makes it easier to turn away and protect ourselves from feeling. Sadly, that turns most of us into a heartless society who couldn't care any less about the person next to us. I do this, guilty as charged. I have certain mental issues that cause me to express hatred and anger towards people and things that have done nothing nor deserve to be hated. Not an excuse, but I at least can recognize my faults and why it is happening and attempt to control it the best that I can. Love and peace should be brought forward and taught to the masses. When it comes to the end, the only things we're going to have is each other. We can't rebuild a world when there is nothing left but hatred for each other or it will just be the same thing over and over again.

Believe it was Socrates who said hate is just a degree of love. You can not hate without love, because you only hate that which threatens your love.

I like the fear analysis too. Fear is the cause of so many problems.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join