It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I wish I could give you 100 stars for your post.

Very well said. VERY WELL SAID!

edit on 23-1-2015 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I have to say that I would have thought since the guy was in a crawl space holed up,that the flash grenades would have been the first thing I would have used instead of sending in the dog. Poor baby, RIP Sultan. You were a very brave and good dog.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

This.

The entire story reeks of cowardice, incompetence, and brutality. As everyone said, sending a poor dog into a crawlspace with an armed and dangerous dude is the height of stupidity and irresponsibility. That is NOT what police dogs are supposed to be used for.

My uncle was a K-9 sheriff. His dog was his partner, and he loved and trusted that dog more than he did any human partner. He told me that when he knew a suspect was packing a firearm or other ranged weapon and was going to use it, he wouldn't let the dog out of the car. He'd call in SWAT or whoever. Dogs were used to bring down unarmed suspects that were running and hiding, like in a park, since the dog could sniff them out. The dog could take the dude down and hold them until their handler arrived. The main use of dogs was finding people or contraband that was hidden. NOT sending the dog in to retrieve the suspect.

The flash bangs and tear gas grenades should have been the FIRST thing the cops did. But the poor dog is only half of what irks me. The other half is pumping rounds into a man who was at that point, blinded, deafened, disoriented, and had rivers of mucus and tears leaking out of every hole in his body. In other words, a guy who can easily be taken down and cuffed by a couple of cops. But, typical of the modern American police state, they just shot first and damn the questions.

Poor Sultan, you beautiful boy. I'm sorry you were given to such cowardly and incompetent handlers.

Stu

<< 1   >>

join