It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you found out you are a clone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

You're welcome. The subject of clones makes great movie and novel material.

It has been years since we heard about Dolly the sheep. I wonder what monstrosities they may have come up with in some secret lab somewhere in the years that have passed since. If they could clone a sheep back then (is that so different to cloning a human?) makes you wonder what they are capable of now. Though all seems quiet on that front in terms of media coverage. May be there is legislation in place to only allow them to go so far.

Dolly the cloned sheep.

edit on 23-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: picture.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I just read the summary of that movie and it reminds me of movie called "The Island".

I can actually image clones being created for that purpose. I mean there's no better match then yourself. If I was a clone, I wouldn't want to be force to give up my organs like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have wondered the same things. For example the controversy over abortions about a fetus is it a person or not blah blah blah, if the controversy continues about when does a person become a person I would not doubt somewhere in a lab fetuses are made and destroyed all the time.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I would probably be worried my donor is going to commit heinous crimes with my DNA.

If I was the donor and had a clone, I would blame aliens. If not then sue the science tech company for using my dna to create me, again. If that wouldn't work I would call me mom and have her bitch at him and not me, I am serious, if the clone can accept my DNA then he can get yelled at once in awhile, my mom does do an awful lot of bitching and shes a tea partier ugh he can at least help me there.

Ya that's a problem too... If ur clone was to commit a crime, no idea how u could avoid that problem besides finding ur clone

So send ur bitching mom on ur clone? The original u is evil
jk

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I would probably be worried my donor is going to commit heinous crimes with my DNA.

If I was the donor and had a clone, I would blame aliens. If not then sue the science tech company for using my dna to create me, again. If that wouldn't work I would call me mom and have her bitch at him and not me, I am serious, if the clone can accept my DNA then he can get yelled at once in awhile, my mom does do an awful lot of bitching and shes a tea partier ugh he can at least help me there.

That's what I'm talking about. If you're going to be a clone then you have to earn your keep. I mean there is homework to done if you are still in school, chores to be done etc. I agree with you, if you are a clone you have to be willing to step in the original's spot from time to time.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocketgirl

I just read the summary of that movie and it reminds me of movie called "The Island".

I can actually image clones being created for that purpose. I mean there's no better match then yourself. If I was a clone, I wouldn't want to be force to give up my organs like that.
ya reminded me of the island too, decent movie.. not bad

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocketgirl

Me neither! Horrible idea.

With what we have as humans come up with in labs makes for a very scary future. I really do wonder what they get up to in secret.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I have wondered the same things. For example the controversy over abortions about a fetus is it a person or not blah blah blah, if the controversy continues about when does a person become a person I would not doubt somewhere in a lab fetuses are made and destroyed all the time.

Yes, I think you may be right. I dread to think about it. They do seem suspiciously quiet about all this ongoing bio tech development.

Also, the crazy work being done with biological neurons. They have made a robot worm that has an organic neural network ( real worm mind ):

Scientists Put A Worm's Mind Into A Robot's Body

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Its worse then that, I am 29 former USMC infantry and still get yelled at by mom mother about damn near everything, including why didnt I tell her I got a new job, or new girlfriend cause the other one is so nice then it branches out to different types of scolding like I better be using condoms and if she has kids blah blah blah. I would rather do my own homework if I was still in school me and the clone could work out a work/ drink cycle and if anything like me prolly be cool with it if down to share wages.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm not sure evil is the right word for me but probably scratches the surface. I haven't yet found purity but I'm working on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: saiyankev
If you found out you are a clone, how would you react?

Cloning doesn't transfer memories. That's a movie meme.

It's more like making identical twins, on purpose. So your question is asking 'if you had an identical twin, what would you do', which is generally nothing special.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would make it go to work for me, and I'll collect free money. Oh wait, then I would be like the millions on welfare.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Its worse then that, I am 29 former USMC infantry and still get yelled at by mom mother about damn near everything, including why didnt I tell her I got a new job, or new girlfriend cause the other one is so nice then it branches out to different types of scolding like I better be using condoms and if she has kids blah blah blah. I would rather do my own homework if I was still in school me and the clone could work out a work/ drink cycle and if anything like me prolly be cool with it if down to share wages.
sounds like u still live with your mom, move out or move away and you won't be yelled at so often

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What if this thread had nothing to do with science and technology, and instead had everything to do with philosophy and metaphysics?

However if we are clones then cloning should be legalized and so what we are clones, doesnt make us any less human.
edit on 23-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I live almost 1000 miles away from my mom, sometimes its almost not far enough, often I debate getting rid of my cell phone too.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Clones would have their own memories. For example, identical twins are basically genetic clones of each other, but they each have their own memories. A clone of myself would just grow up as if he was my twin, having his own life and his own memories.

Edit to add:
oops...I didn't notice until now that Bedlam posted a similar reply (in fact I didn't even notice the entire 2nd page of replies. I must be tired).

edit on 1/23/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Well, I suppose the first and most important thing to do is remember my own identity. No matter what instruction manual was used to create me, it is my experiences since being born that shape my understanding of the world, and the wider universe. What I have seen, what I have touched, tasted, what I have thought, these are the things which make up the true essence of sentient lifeforms.

So, having established the solidity of my own person, as an individual apart from the one from whom my instruction leaflet was produced, I would, I imagine, be intent on meeting the individual who preceded me, to find out about where my material came from, and to ask if there are any underlying health concerns that I ought to worry about, arising from some genetic defect of which I was previously unaware.

I would also seek to understand WHY I was cloned, what purpose there was in carrying out that procedure, if it was just hubris, or if some genuine scientific endeavour was involved. I would also have to make sure that the answers entirely failed to shake my sense of individuality.

Heavy stuff!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Your supposed to use e&e tactics when your mom calls .. dont let good training go to waste ..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Edit to add:
oops...I didn't notice until now that Bedlam posted a similar reply (in fact I didn't even notice the entire 2nd page of replies. I must be tired).

THIEF! THIIIEEEEF!

On a twist, I'm sure that the OP was about genetic cloning, where they take the nucleus of a cell and implant it in an egg in an attempt to make a new copy of an original organism.

That's tough, and it's probably only been done once or twice on people in secret.

There is, however, another thing you can do with humans, and it's "off the shelf", and it was sort of done and stopped early at least once, but again, it's so easy you could bet it's been done SEVERAL times on the sly.

That's embryo splitting. It's done a LOT for cattle and horses and the like. If you have a prize winning bull and cow, and you want to make a veritable #heap of potato-stamped versions of one of their offspring, what you do is, you do in-vitro fertilization. You fertilize the egg with the sperm in the lab. You let it grow in the dish until it's about eight cells, and then you split it into eight separate cells. You let THOSE grow to about six cells, and split all of THEM into separate cells, and now you have 48 of them. When they get up to about eight cells, you implant them into 48 surrogate cows, and you get 48 exactly identical calves, if they all implant and grow properly. Usually you'll lose some.

You can do it to people, too. And it's been tried, and then they dumped the blastocysts at the second split. Had you implanted them into surrogate mothers, you'd have gotten a pile of identical twins. Clones of each other. It's not like cloning Bill Gates, but it IS a way you could make an entire crop of little kids, all identical. And it's something you could do right friggin' now.

eta: the only problem with this is, you don't know if you're going to get 48 Beavises or 48 Jason Bournes. So you'd have to do a lot of them and see which groups were useful.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would have doubts but..
A simple Farting contest would prove if were were exact!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join