It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lack of support for NLBS (ATS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that NLBS is not getting adequate support. The last video (EMF Sensitivity) as of now only has 376 views. I do not always agree with NLBS's views on topics, but I click on the link to at least give them the view credit. Giving NLBS view credits is the same as giving ATS view credit (it helps fund the site). If you don't agree with their views then debate them on the ATS forum.
I have seen a lot of comments and threads about the dislike of the paypal link (for donations), but if all 300K supported NLBS it would help greatly.

Anyway, this is just an observation of mine. From one member to another watch the NLBS videos and post links on facebook.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't go on youtube often and I usually like to read all views instead of having one viewpoint playing in my ears.

As for donations, I don't use paypal, credit and the like. I love cash, even to use a debit card makes me cringe. Their site, their rules and choices but honestly it's just not my style. Everyone beats to a different drum...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

One thing that may factor in to the Youtube views is the fact that the links on ATS take you to the NLBS website version of the videos are not hosted by youtube. They load in Springboard and, i may be wrong here so please correct me if i am, those views that happen directly on the NLBS website via springboard would not be counted on the Youtube view count.

I would be curious to see the number of view via springboard compared to the youtube views if they are in fact a separate count.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

True

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
I do not always agree with NLBS's views on topics, but I click on the link to at least give them the view credit.

If the link/s you refer to is/are those on each side of the ATS threads, I've hit them dozens of times...by accident.

edit on 23-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It seems to me that NLBS is not getting adequate support. ...

User generated content.
edit on 23-1-2015 by and14263 because: Ahm a raht cnt me

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You're argument is we should all support NLBS just cause? Sorry buddy that's not how it works. If they aren't getting adequate support , perhaps they should look at their business model.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Agreed. To me it's like saying Americans support the war in the ME because it's Americans fighting it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If the content is not good, then it will not be watched. And everyone seems to stand with the thought that the content is not very good.

I also prefer to read the articles while I am here at work, or at my home, often without wanting to use headphones.

Create a poll asking people what they dislike most about NLBS and then go from there!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

No that's not what I mean. I mean we have 300K plus members, and if we support NLBS (user generated content) ATS would benefit. I think NLBS is a good idea but needs some molding (we could do that in house) maybe start a forum.
edit on 23-1-2015 by NotMoose because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intunewithmyself

If the content is not good, then it will not be watched. And everyone seems to stand with the thought that the content is not very good.

I also prefer to read the articles while I am here at work, or at my home, often without wanting to use headphones.

Create a poll asking people what they dislike most about NLBS and then go from there!!!

Pretty much... ATS is a discussion site and people come here for threads and to discuss
There have been at least 5 attempts at creating "Awesome" and "Cool" videos for the members here and every single time they fail.

That pretty much tells me that people don't want videos... they don't want somebody literally just talking about the threads and subjects here on tape, they would prefer to read and participate and create discussion and debate.

I'm not knocking NLBS or Conspiracy Chicks or any of the other stuff we've had over the years, I'm simply saying that perhaps... perhaps they are just not wanted by members?

ATS wants to be all things to all people and compete in every area of the internet... maybe it should just keep doing what it does best? Provide a platform and facilitate discussions.
edit on 23/1/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I do not always agree with NLBS's views on topics, but I click on the link to at least give them the view credit.

If the link/s you refer to is those on each side of the ATS threads, I've hit them dozens of times...by accident.

I do this all the time as well. Annoying as hell imo. Pretty sad that ATS has it set up like that so that users accidentally click on it. Pathetic marketing ploy and a total turn off to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Solid reply, I respect your view.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
WOW, I should have named this thread Who hates ATS. Sad thing is it's all the regulars. ATS needs to do a user to staff thread in order to work out some grievances users have.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Not necessarily. I mean I've been reading this site several times a day since 2000, and only joined last year. It's still one of my top go-to sites for news and various topics. I'll continue to use it because it's one of the best platforms for discussion on these topics. That being said I'm don't like or dislike NLBS, I just could never get into and follow a regular video series. Same with podcasts, radio shows, even tv schedules when I watched it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

Solid reply, I respect your view.

Cheers man.
At one time ATS was going to have an ATS journalist section/department and use members to get the scoop in their local area and get interviews and be first on the scene at whatever was breaking in their locale.
It never happened for whatever reason... they were going to create ATS press passes and other such stuff, or at least this was discussed in threads by members

As I said, there have been numerous attempts and ideas to try and create Media content.
We had a whole media section a few years ago, a separate site from ATS where we all had our own media page and could upload content and so on.
It did pretty much nothing and went nowhere.

Pretty sure hackers gained access via this feature and SO put an end to it... but even if the hackers didn't do that, it wasn't going anywhere anyway.

We have ATS radio...

I understand the worry and the drive to constantly push the site forward and keep up with trends and be at the forefront of the webs evolution... but to what cost?
We have a great little (or huge) site here and it's still here... and the only format that has ever, ever worked for ATS is as a discussion board.

Maybe the discussion board format is a dying breed... maybe we are a last bastion of truth and sanity on the web.
In my opinion that doesn't mean we just roll over and change and do what everyone else is doing... it means we stick to our guns.... we have a winning formula here.

Let's keep on keeping on.

edit on 23/1/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Never watched them.....not really interested in watching them, and turned off by the sneaky way they get cued up too......meh

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

WOW, I should have named this thread Who hates ATS. Sad thing is it's all the regulars. ATS needs to do a user to staff thread in order to work out some grievances users have.

I dont think anybody stated they hate ATS. I think that people voiced their displeasure with the NLBS part. Not EVERYTHING is enjoyed by EVERYONE. I personally love ATS, although I dont agree with some of their policies or segments all the time, it is definitely one of my favorite sites on the internet.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

WOW, I should have named this thread Who hates ATS.

That's bull, and not needed, you even said yourself You don't always agree with NLBS, and that's just the same as many's a thread here, you don't have to agree with it. NLBS is a presentation, and pretty well worked out in the presentation, (and that would be pretty much hard work too) but still, you do not need to agree with the content.
Right, I will add my, 10 cents/5p
For NLBS, one man in a tent is not enough, it needs to be a discussion when recorded. It doesn't matter how it's done, Internet conferencing, live guests, (always a good idea that they are living) or landline, whatever.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think you misunderstood my post, I agree with you. Please read it again in a different tone.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join