It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Steaming Pile of Nonsense

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That's how MSP and Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson described the decision to lower the flags on public buildings to half mast to mark the death of Saudi King Abdullah , and for once in my life I find myself in total agreement with a Tory!

What utter nonsense , the flags were lowered not so much as a mark of respect but rather as a sucking up to one of our largest arms customers and is a pathetic move that sets a precedent for the future.

Officials said it was a matter of protocol and that the formal request had been made by Buckingham Palace, which is also flying its flag at half mast.
But the move caused disquiet because of the human rights record of the country during King Abdullah's reign.
There has been recent outrage focused on the public beheading of a woman and a sentence of 1,000 lashes meted out to the creator of an online blog.
www.bbc.co.uk...

If the palace want to lower their flag as a mark of respect for a fellow member the the ruling elite then that's for them but don't drag the rest of us into it.

edit on 23-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My friend there is a distinct connection between Great Britain and Saudi Arabia, as well as the small Gulf kingdoms.
They own Harrod's. They own football/soccer teams. They own telecom and mass media (not just around the world but in the UK and disproportionately so). One only needs to drive through the posh areas of London to see that it's been completely taken over by Arabs, who are cajoled there by your leaders.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Set a precedent? That ship has sailed....

you'd think they'd at least have the courtesy to offer a reach around while they're.....you get the idea.

Half mast for a brutal, ruthless dictator....how poetic and anti-climatic. Noose for Saddam, don't figure.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Shows who's flag they are really flying.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There wouldn't be a "Saudi" Arabia today if it wasn't for Britain.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
All it shows is the humbug of our 'democratic' country, and the slimeballs in parliament. Anybody remember the 'Death of a Princess' affair. They tried to shut people up then. And that time there were no half-mast flags for a dead Saudi royal

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm sure George Bush is planning a trip to make his last respects. Talk about a brown noser...

new topics

top topics

join