It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Contagious Measles Virus is Back. Outbreak That Started In California Expanding.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This article states people who have already had the measles or have had the vaccine are not at risk. . Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a story out recently that claims there have been several vaccinated individuals that have become infected?

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A health warning. The extremely contagious measles virus is back. An outbreak that started at Disneyland is starting to sweep the country.

Measles was thought to have been eliminated in the U.S. 15 years ago. Now its back, targeting those who haven’t been immunized.

The outbreak that started in California’s Disneyland is expanding. At least 75 cases of measles span six states.

“It’s scary to think the happiest place on Earth is infected with measles,” one Disney employee said.

For this Disney employee, knowing co-workers are infected is cause for concern.

Measles has a 21-day incubation period, meaning people can travel far before they know they’re sick.

source

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

For this Disney employee, knowing co-workers are infected is cause for concern.

Disney, huh? Contagion breaks at Americas most iconic fun park.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Let me guess, illegal children?

Like the sickness that went around last year. "Hasn't been seen in decades." Sure, no connection.....

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well that and anti-vax morons who think its their right to expose people to what we thought were diseases either almost or completely eradicated.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From January 16th

San Diego County health officials confirmed Thursday that 13 new cases of patients with measles have emerged, all among people who reported visiting Disneyland on Dec. 18 or had close contact with someone who did. The new cases bring the recent total to 35 in the state of California and 39 throughout the U.S.

All but three of the new patients who caught the virus had not been vaccinated,

source

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The anti-vax morons often have personal experiences to back them up. These people are irresponsible loafers looking for a free ride. Cough, spit, wheeze, as long as you're illegal you're not a health hazard.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If you are keeping score.

The California Department of Public Health has linked 42 of these cases to people who visited Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure Park.

Vaccination status is known for 34 of the California patients. State officials say that 28 were not vaccinated at all, one was partially vaccinated and five were fully vaccinated. Six of the unvaccinated were babies, too young to be vaccinated.

So 5 of 42 (worst case) were fully vaccinated and still got the disease. The partial dose is supposed to create immunity in something like 85%. So that's hovering around the reported total vaccine effectiveness of 85%.

I think it would be helpful if were told why 28/42 were not vaccinated at all. I'm guessing they were older than 14 and the vaccine only lasts 10 years. The narrative is that these are all part of the mythical horde called (anti-vaxxer). That's what the MSM is paid to say. The good news is that there were no fatalities, 25% hospitalized, 42/42 recovering will have lifetime immunity and won't need to be exposed to the risks of vaccination.

In 1960 there were an estimated 3.5 million cases of measles and 500 died. (.0143%)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
From January 16th

San Diego County health officials confirmed Thursday that 13 new cases of patients with measles have emerged, all among people who reported visiting Disneyland on Dec. 18 or had close contact with someone who did. The new cases bring the recent total to 35 in the state of California and 39 throughout the U.S.

All but three of the new patients who caught the virus had not been vaccinated,

source

3/13 were fully vaccinated and still got live measles. That's well below the standard narrative of 85%. Pharma will never tell you the full story. A self certified chemical cocktail sold to you by a profit machine with 100% immunity from liability. And you believed it?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The anti-vax morons often have personal experiences to back them up. These people are irresponsible loafers looking for a free ride. Cough, spit, wheeze, as long as you're illegal you're not a health hazard.

A self-certified chemical cocktail sold to you by a profit machine with 100% immunity from liability. And you trusted that?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well yeah were going to create super virus's because these things are clear manifestations of an unbalanced world and lifestyle.

In order to bring balance back to the natural ecosystem mother nature is going to cure the problem.

We need to bring out culture and our minds back to a place where we are in sync with one another and the environment around us. Do this rather then try to fight the symptoms of the problem, which are disease and such and such going on.
edit on 1/23/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Not at all, I had a horrible experience with a vaccine as a baby and I developed high functioning autism. But hey, not blaming the vaccine. No liability, and big money hiding stuff. Of course we have a public that accepts the "official word" and eats it up with a spoon. If it's official, it has to be true!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I trust the many, many, many years of study into vaccines before the bull# sold by conspiracy theorists and sites like Natural News.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Guess someone realized they had a whole warehouse full of vaccinations to sell, buy war bonds, I mean measels vaccinations. Better clear room for those new ebola vaccines.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You're bringing an entirely unrelated aspect into this. Where did it say the patients are illegals? Where is it even postulated that patient zero was an illegal.
From the story it would be more plausible to say Mickey Mouse was the source of contagion. At least he has a connection to the source. He works there.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
They were pretty balanced with nature back when people lived off the land had no machines and hunted or grew everything they ate weren't they?
So explain bubonic plague? Mankind has always been vulnerable to disease and will always be. It has nothing to do with our associations with technology or how far from the land we've gotten. A bunch of new age hooey if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There is no proof of autism being caused by vaccines. Only bs conjecture. Matter of fact autism itself is questionable.
How much of this horrible reaction do you actually remember? What type of vaccine was it?
How much of this was put in your head by conspiracy theory websites?
edit on 1232015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I trust the many, many, many years of study into vaccines before the bull# sold by conspiracy theorists and sites like Natural News.

Apparently some folks are not as discerning as you are.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

A self-certified chemical cocktail sold to you by a profit machine with 100% immunity from liability. And you trusted that?

Well personally yes. When I saw fewer and fewer children in leg braces after the polio vaccine had been widely distributed the results kind of spoke for themselves.
Some people don't remember polio. I do.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Well that and anti-vax morons who think its their right to expose people to what we thought were diseases either almost or completely eradicated.

the only ones that are getting infected are the ones that haven't been vaccinated...geez, I wonder what the solution to this problem would be?....(obvious sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Apparently some people that were vaccinated are also getting the measles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join