It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Not going to happen.

The oil cartel would loose out on too much money. We can't have that now, or can we?
edit on 23-1-2015 by jrod because: w=m

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: crazyewok

There's absolutely no reason for personal transportation vehicles in the 21st century. Public transportation makes sense on every level imaginable.

What about the service industry? Construction workers? Deliveries?

I would love to see the looks on commuters faces when thousands of tradesman start boarding the train every morning with millions of lbs of tools and material.

Folks need LEAVE the cities. Not make them more dense and inaccessible. That is insane.

a reply to: CranialSponge

No.

Their point is, that with planning, you can funnel your dollars and rebuild your infrastructure to make things like this easier too. Think Disney World with its underground system.

Drop stations outside the cities with underground delivery systems...trains, conveyors, what have you.

No vision or imagineering round here, it seems.

Never been there but I can imagine. That is NOT cool. Pretty much my worst nightmare.

link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx
Yes, people who live in cities should never be allowed to leave them. They should stay there for life and never move out of their assigned radius. *Eyeroll

Ever heard of trains? planes? Rental cars? Buses?

link   
If government is such a giant failure now,

why would anybody trust a bigger government later?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Why would they want to make the cities more compact if they didn't want more occupants?
I don't really believe we'll be hauled out of our country homes into the city anytime soon, but it's always smart to be cautious. Taking freedoms away is a domino effect. After one goes, the next doesn't seem like such a big deal. When people living in cities have already lost their freedom, they won't be thinking about their rural counterparts when it comes time to vote.
I don't fear for myself. I fear for my future grandchildren.

edit on 23-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 23-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Make Everyone Live In Cities Without Cars and With No Means of Escape From Every Major City In The World So I Can Take Those Trillions and Your Trucks

I'ts cute how Al Gore makes y'all so angry that you missed every point they were trying to make. Including that these cities already spend trillions just dealing with the congestion and consequences and it makes everyone miserable. But then most of you probably don't even commute two hours to go 24 miles, do you?

Enjoy your blinding anger against an idea that just could work.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A rational solution would be to continue towards pollution free vehicles and devote more to that end.

Mr. Gore must be missing being in the news, so throw something controversial out there. Bored from flying around in private jets trying to talk folks into riding bikes, cause you know only people like him should have huge energy wasting mansions, fly in private jets and ride around in big Limo's with an entourage.

Forgive me for being conspiratorial minded but I'm sure these two have a money making scheme in the works. The phony carbon credits sort of did not work out. The real purpose of this will come out eventually. I've never believed he gave a damn about the climate.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

What part of LARGE CITIES WORLDWIDE is eluding you?

Large cities world wide rely on commuters who need cars when the get back to the burbs. They are not going to spend the entire evening collecting their kids and shopping for food on public transit. They only have a few ours a night by the time they get home as it is.

And ALL cities world wide require maintenance, deliveries, construction, fire, police etc. The roads need to be there and now you want people to apply for access? Talk about limiting travel in a free country. This is against everything...

Build the alternatives and let people make their own transitions. This isn't some futuristic dictatorship where cities are "modelled". You want to change something, run for election and ASK us if that is what we want.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I don't think everyone missed the point.

Who pay's is the first question?

The GWP (Gross World Product) is $87.25 trillion. Gore is up to something here. He's not the type to get involved unless his personal reward is massive IMO. Had he pulled off the Carbon Credit scam, it would have made him billions.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I don't think everyone missed the point.

Who pay's is the first question?

The GWP (Gross World Product) is $87.25 trillion. Gore is up to something here. He's not the type to get involved unless his personal reward is massive IMO. Had he pulled off the Carbon Credit scam, it would have made him billions.

It turns out the $90 trillion is the total of infrastructure investment that is likely to be spent anyway building and upgrading cities. Gore and Calderon are arguing that it be spent more wisely, to produce cities that don't encourage people to burn fossil fuels just to get from A to B.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Perspective.

Well, Blaine...I do think so. A lot, the vast majority posting in this thread missed the point.

And by the way, you also just missed the point. The cities ALREADY spend that much money coping with the dirt, crime, congestion, demands on the infrastructure. See what you missed there?

Blinding hatred of a person is a very large and very dangerous thing when it prevents good ideas from even lighting the spark of a better way.

Imagining NYC With No Cars

I would live there in a heartbeat.

Now I'm really done. I will no longer tolerate this visionless, angry, hateful, and fearful unthinking sector of our society.

edit on 1/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I like that link and you're right about how it would be better without the traffic. I never said it wouldn't be. It's just not an issue that should be forced. It should be a personal choice. If traffic in major cities is so out of hand then people will either chose this for themselves or they'll move.
The decision just shouldn't be made for them.
Surely you can see that an easy transition that comes of free will would work out better anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Couldn't drag me back to living in a concrete jungle.

Living in the country, where I have to walk for quite a long time before I run into another human being that's not my family is one of the perks I enjoy.

When ever I travel through a major city, I shake my head remembering what it was like to be packed like a tin of sardines.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Read about the Al Gore monopolies .....

Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype

Everybody that supports his climate efforts usually knock the financial powers too.

Which is it anyway?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

I wonder what man bear pigs cut going to be?

edit on 23-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ok, Al, how about you get us started.

Current net worth estimate: $200million. That's a pretty decent start.

Also, no more using your private jet to fly around to all these seminars where you rant against global warming.

Oh, and you should probably get rid of your 10,000 square foot mansion with a $30,000 utility bill.

Al Gore is the biggest hypocrite of our time.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I do think it will be solved with a combination of workplace distribution, and electric vehicles. The gov. can also provide big incentives for consumers and manufacturers to give it legs. Freeing up a great deal of useless office space can also provide a real incentive to get more and cheaper manufacturing space, to make up for what we lose in import/export imbalance.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
UNBELIEVABLE BS AND THEY NEED LOBOTOMIES, basically because they think we're stupid.

NOT HAPPENING YOU PSYCHOTIC GOULS. JUST GO TO JAIL FOR YOUR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

japanese electric car vs Porsche 911 turbo

New inventions : the flying car is real now!

2010 Mercedes Benz Biome Concept

Talk about GMO seed, eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In the early 1900's an electric car beat the gas fueled car in what was a world class car racing event. There is a plaque that commemorates this somewhere in Daytona Beach, Florida where the event was held.

He have a good electric motor for sometime.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

H2GoNow Crown Victoria running on 100% water

Sweden years ago was going to replace gas with hydrogen and for some "mysterious" reason it stopped from implementing. This was in our newspapers, printed daily ones.

Oh, it's expensive, IT's WATER.

Ford's Hemp powered Hemp made Car

They are not going to send humanity backwards, instead they are truly going to lose their elitehood, and power over us. They're dino's that are being out to pasture.

They and they alone are 100% responsible for pollution, but not truly for the warming, that seems to be more in the Sun's ballpark and cycles.

I want my beamship or Tardis NOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join