It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

In larger cities it might be better for them to get a few of the cars off the road, but in a lot of smaller cities, like most cities in Ontario there isn't enough traffic except maybe in Toronto to be worried about there being so many cars, as there isn't usually traffic jams in the cities and there's no big issues with parking. About the only thing keeping most people in Ontario from owning a car would be the crazy insurance rates. But in most areas around here, likely due to the smaller population and more people owning cars, public transit, no matter what city you're in is always terrible.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crustyjuggler27

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: crazyewok

Are you trying to tell me there's a sane reason for having several thousand lb personal transportation vehicles that on average have seating for 4-7 people, yet are 90%+ of the time occupied by a single inhabitant.

You think that's sane?

There's absolutely no reason for personal transportation vehicles in the 21st century. Public transportation makes sense on every level imaginable.

in major urban centers i would agree with this statement. but having reliable, affordable, efficient, and available public transportation in rural areas would be impossible.

Us unwashed masses wouldn't be allowed in 'rural' areas.
Except maybe as entertainment like the hunger games.

Scariest thing of all is some here enthusiastically support this.

The programing is going as expected.

ETA: I am so thankful these genius level rulers have taken the time to figure this all out for us lowly peasants.
I am grateful they only have the best interest of the world at heart and are willing to sacrifice whatever WE don't really need for the sake of saving the planet. And they love and care for us SO much that they are willing to sacrifice whatever THEY feel WE should sacrifice.
I am so grateful. I am feeling the planetary love.

edit on 1 23 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TWort

That's why they want to improve it, I guess. Public transportation. As you said, not all cities face the same magnitude of issues over cars...just the larger ones, as is stated in the proposal. The larger ones with issues worldwide. Paris is a mess. So's London. Cities in China. NYC, maybe LA.

a reply to: St Udio
I want a jet pack so I can fly to work. Electric, of course

edit on 1/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
People in larger cities with good public transportation don't typically need or even want cars. In NYC, the price per month to park a car is often more than the price of an apartment, and you get to fight your neighbors over the few prime spots there are near your home and do the alternate side shuffle in the wee hours.

And by the way, should something happen, as on 9/11, no one drove or took public transportation out of the city. They walked out.

In NYC people don't have yards either, the idea to totally abandon any sliver of nature in one's day to day life is a disgusting thought to me. Maybe it's because I was born and raised in the Pacific NW but living the majority of my life within the bounds of a concrete and steel prison seems incredibly depressing. And it would be a prison, as you would have no means of personal transport outside of that city.

Simply put, the implementation of this idea would require extreme infringement upon the freedoms of the individual. Instead of investing unfathomable amounts of money to treat people like factory farm chickens we could instead focus on making sustainable methods of living in a more decentralized manner. At home, or small scale generation of electricity as well as at home or small scale water collection get rid of the requirement of large inefficient infrastructure. Encouraging small business instead of massive corporations means people can live closer to where they work.

As far as people walking out of NYC after 9/11, where did they go? To close, smaller cities and suburbs. And had friends/family from the area pick them up and drive to their homes. If this city plan gets implemented those things won't exist. With such a huge investment you can be assured that living in these cities won't be a choice, they will see to it there is nothing outside the cities to support any significant number of people.

I never believed in the agenda 21 story before, but some of the things it entails are becoming shocking reality.

Another issue I haven't seen mentioned yet, what happens with illness? Or is that part of the plan, when everyone is crammed shoulder to shoulder epidemics wipe out way more people.

You can also be assured the wealthy will be able to live happily outside of these cities in protected compounds with tons of room and freedom of movement. Things are turning into a feudal society at a scary pace. The wealthy will live in luxury out in the previous suburban areas while all the workers that they milk like dairy cows get crammed together in a tin can. Keeping your slaves in one small area makes them a lot easier to to control, and to punish.

Just like medieval Europe, keep the peasants in squalor in a small area while the royalty claim all land and it's animals outside that area for themselves. Take away a person's natural right and ability to support themselves and you have total control.

edit on 23-1-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

a reply to: stirling

Yeah...that's where I was going.

Most posting here seem to miss the point that this wouldn't in reality cost more than imagination and ingenuity and different ways of looking at things...

Seriously?

And you know this how? Because Al Gore told you?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

a reply to: stirling

Yeah...that's where I was going.

Most posting here seem to miss the point that this wouldn't in reality cost more than imagination and ingenuity and different ways of looking at things...

Seriously?

And you know this how? Because Al Gore told you?

Who's Al Gore?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

People in larger cities with good public transportation don't typically need or even want cars. In NYC, the price per month to park a car is often more than the price of an apartment, and you get to fight your neighbors over the few prime spots there are near your home and do the alternate side shuffle in the wee hours.

And by the way, should something happen, as on 9/11, no one drove or took public transportation out of the city. They walked out.

Another issue I haven't seen mentioned yet, what happens with illness? Or is that part of the plan, when everyone is crammed shoulder to shoulder epidemics wipe out way more people.

It is whats best for the collective, we all must sacrifice for our rulers.
500,000,000 is a responsible number that we must maintain for the good of all. sarc/off

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

If you don't ive in a Major City In The World you won't be that effected.

Don't want to live in the city? Don't. Easy.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The freedom shouldn't be taken no matter where someone chooses to live.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If this man actually had a decent plan the energy companies would have suicided him a long time ago...

As it stands even Dr.Evil would tell him that amount of money is a f#ing idiotic request!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

Oh FFS. They are not taking your freedom. They are suggesting ways to improve the quality of life and air in major cities. And most city dwellers would probably welcome it.

I give up. You people are nuts. Enjoy your freedom. LOL

edit on 1/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

There's absolutely no reason for personal transportation vehicles in the 21st century. Public transportation makes sense on every level imaginable.

What about the service industry? Construction workers? Deliveries?

I would love to see the looks on commuters faces when thousands of tradesman start boarding the train every morning with millions of lbs of tools and material.

Folks need LEAVE the cities. Not make them more dense and inaccessible. That is insane.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Did Al Gore actually say this?

This just seems like an attempt to make those of us who care about the environment and the destruction our species is causing to her, as delusional nut jobs.

link   
It would be cheaper to let every office worker that does not absolutely require being chained to some hardware or building infrastructure, work at home. One or two trips in a month perhaps for major meetings, etc. Much cheaper, all around for both employer and employee.

link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

Oh FFS. They are not taking your freedom. They are suggesting ways to improve the quality of life and air in major cities. And most city dwellers would probably welcome it.

I give up. You people are nuts.

Enjoy your freedom. LOL

If some ones entire life is contained within a 20 block radius that might be easy to say. For the rest of us, this is restricting movement.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

What about the service industry? Construction workers? Deliveries?

I would love to see the looks on commuters faces when thousands of tradesman start boarding the train every morning with millions of lbs of tools and material.

Folks need LEAVE the cities. Not make them more dense and inaccessible. That is insane.

a reply to: CranialSponge

No.

Their point is, that with planning, you can funnel your dollars and rebuild your infrastructure to make things like this easier too. Think Disney World with its underground system.

Drop stations outside the cities with underground delivery systems...trains, conveyors, what have you.

No vision or imagineering round here, it seems.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

What part of LARGE CITIES WORLDWIDE is eluding you?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

People will be corralled and herded into the cities.

Authorities will use steam engine trains fired by coal to prove how bad CO2 is.

The Emergency Compliance E.O. will cost millions of lives.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

What part of LARGE CITIES WORLDWIDE is eluding you?

So are you saying that people who choose to live in a major city shouldn't have the right to travel out of the city anytime they choose?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

People will be corralled and herded into the cities.

Authorities will use steam engine trains fired by coal to prove how bad CO2 is.

The Emergency Compliance E.O. will cost millions of lives.

Where the HELL do you get that they want to corral people into cities from this?

JHC.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join