It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: pl3bscheese

For every car that is being driven around by someone, there are TONS of unsold cars sitting in lots around the country. Then, seeing as how making a new car creates just as much pollution as driving one, you do the math.

What does this have to do with the topic? Tell me how what you're saying is relevant? Is this not more for getting off of cars?

Does this not point to something else entirely? Surely this shows how there's problems in other sectors.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

WTF?

Politician are more important so they can play by different rules?

Oh my, I expected more stars by now! haha! Ah, I gave you such an easy in for the heart bleeders on this site.

Yes, WTF indeed. I mean, on a battlefield, your General, Captain, all leading rank officers... they are of equal importance. You don't try to secure them in the least. Right?

Let's get back to reality. Where every reasonable system has prioritization, and handles things on a cost to benefit analysis. Yes, some people make decisions that make their time more important than others. If you can't handle that, then stick to whatever naive fantasy land you really, really want to make believe can exist for humanity, when the natural laws existing all around you prove otherwise.

Sorry in a democracy politician are the least important most expendable people around. Kill one and there are a 1000 political rats waiting to take there place.

If you blew up DC they would find replacements for all those politicians in days.

That's irrelevant. The position is of importance, and so is their time.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
[

Yes, WTF indeed. I mean, on a battlefield, your General, Captain, all leading rank officers... they are of equal importance. You don't try to secure them in the least. Right?

A skilled officer can take decades to train.

Anyone who know how to lie and manipulate can be a politician.

That's irrelevant. The position is of importance, and so is their time.

# them and # there position.

There time is of no importance when someone else can easily do there job.

If they want us to make sacrifices then they should be the very first to start.

Going back to military analogy's then I will counter and say the best officers lead from the front.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I see you're practicing on becoming a politician. LOL! You do realize it takes them many long years to reach their positions as well, right?

Going back to military analogy's then I will counter and say the best officers lead from the front.

They can't. You're lying. Their jobs are actually quite complex, and require high levels of reasoning skills. Less than 5% of the population could keep up with everything they have to deal with on an ongoing basis.

There are foolish officers who still lead from the front, but that's either ego, or trying to bring up morale. I think it would be situational as to being best, and rarely so in the battlefield of today.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I going to take a bet you are either a politicians or someone that works for one of those parasites.

Cant think of any sane human being not only defending them but supporting there right to luxury and freedom for law while expected the public to make sacrifices.

Until you and your ruling class lead by example dont expect us commoners to be willing to make any willing sacrifices in your favor.
edit on 23-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
nvm not gonna get involved
edit on 1/23/2015 by EvilBat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well I was responding to your point that we plebes produce more pollution than those 1700 jets flying into Switzerland. Though, to be honest I'm not sure why we have continued down this line of reasoning as far as we have. That original point about all the private jets was supposed to be rhetorical and to show that these guys really don't have ending global warming as their primary goal. They just want to profit off of making us miserable under auspices of reducing carbon emissions.

Like I said originally, no real solution to global warming will ever come to fruition. It requires the willing cooperation of all nations and people on earth. Fat chance of that happening. And seeing how these rich people can't even take a page from their own advise to reduce carbon emissions, they probably realize this.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

originally posted by: Mandroid7
That will be awesome for tradesman...dragging 500lbs of tools onto the bus.

Just wondering but what type of job do you have if you live in the big city that requires you to bring 500 lbs of tools with you everyday?

Plumber, gas fitter, carpet layer and roofer come to mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Just wondering but what type of job do you have if you live in the big city that requires you to bring 500 lbs of tools with you everyday?

Plumber, gas fitter, carpet layer and roofer come to mind.

well let me think A plumber in a big city is usualy working for a company so no private car neded int he big city right? same witht he other jobs. those are company. If you happen to be a private company then it would still be a what " company cat/truck/van/" so no you would probably still have transportation, because you are providing a service yes?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I going to take a bet you are either a politicians or someone that works for one of those parasites.

You lost the bet. I'm using reasoning, and you don't like that. Too bad.

Cant think of any sane human being not only defending them but supporting there right to luxury and freedom for law while expected the public to make sacrifices.

So again, I have to say you've got nothing? LOL! I gave you more than adequate reasoning to support my position.

Until you and your ruling class lead by example dont expect us commoners to be willing to make any willing sacrifices in your favor.

Me and MY ruling class, LOL! You're a hilarious "crazyewok".. thanks for the laughs.

So when you're willing to have an adult conversation and reasonably counter someone's points, let me know. I'll still be here.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Politician used to be a duty that you did for your country, not a career. Greed and corruption morphed it into what we have now, and now you sadly believe it is the only way politicians can exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well I was responding to your point that we plebes produce more pollution than those 1700 jets flying into Switzerland. Though, to be honest I'm not sure why we have continued down this line of reasoning as far as we have.

Okay.

That original point about all the private jets was supposed to be rhetorical and to show that these guys really don't have ending global warming as their primary goal. They just want to profit off of making us miserable under auspices of reducing carbon emissions.

Woa, woa, woa! Talk about incredible leaps of reasoning here! How did you get from: Look! They use jets to get where they need quicker, to: "They just want to profit off of making us miserable under the auspices of reducing carbon emissions". That makes absolutely no sense!

Like I said originally, no real solution to global warming will ever come to fruition. It requires the willing cooperation of all nations and people on earth. Fat chance of that happening. And seeing how these rich people can't even take a page from their own advise to reduce carbon emissions, they probably realize this.

This reasoning is circular. You're against the doing of something which in part helps to bring about a real solution. Then you state that nothing will be done. Something IS being done. What you're against! A proposal to tackle a chunk of the problem. Do you not see how this is circular?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Woa, woa, woa! Talk about incredible leaps of reasoning here! How did you get from: Look! They use jets to get where they need quicker, to: "They just want to profit off of making us miserable under the auspices of reducing carbon emissions". That makes absolutely no sense!

Well I'm trying to show that these guys tell us all these things we should be doing to reduce emissions, then all fly a bunch of private jets to their conference when they could have easily just bought a plane ticket there instead of adding one more vehicle to the airspace creating marginally more air pollution. It shows a breakdown between their rhetoric and their actions, so in the end it casts doubts on their motives. Is that a better explanation?

This reasoning is circular. You're against the doing of something which in part helps to bring about a real solution. Then you state that nothing will be done. Something IS being done. What you're against! A proposal to tackle a chunk of the problem. Do you not see how this is circular?

I'm against feel good measure that won't do much or just slow the problem down. Slowing the problem down doesn't end the problem. It just kicks the can further down the road. The roosters will still have to come home to roost eventually.

For instance, the goto solution, currently, for Global Warming is carbon credits. All that is going to do is raise the price of gas at the pump, but it won't stop people from driving. They'll still drive, because they have to. So they'll still be polluting as they do so. Sure, as the price rises, they won't be able to do as MUCH driving so they'll cut out unnecessary trips, but the problem still exists. The net pollution level is still rising.

Also, carbon credits only fix the atmosphere. What about all the toxic dumping into our waterways and oceans? Sure it's illegal, but it's not stopping everyone from doing it. Plus some countries (China for instance) don't even care about any of this. Might as well throw deforestation into the mix as well. See the problem lies in the fact that the 1st world is inextricably linked to pollution. We would have to literally tear the 1st world down and rebuild it from the ground up to stop global warming. Not going to happen. That leaves us with the only "solutions" being feelgood measures that either slow the problem down or do next to nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

All this is, is an excuse to control the people further. Take away their freedom to use a private vehicle, which they operate and decide where to drive to, you can control them even more.

One step closer to giant compounds with shared bathrooms, cafeterias and "Lights out at 8:30 people, gotta save that electricity for the bigwigs!".

[snip]
edit on 23/1/15 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That will be awesome for tradesman...dragging 500lbs of tools onto the bus.

Even more fun will be sitting back and watching all the city-wide delivery guys hauling 150 crates of milk onto public transit buses...

"Excuse me, pardon me, excuse me... do you mind if I set these right here by you ? Thanks."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Are you trying to tell me there's a sane reason for having several thousand lb personal transportation vehicles that on average have seating for 4-7 people, yet are 90%+ of the time occupied by a single inhabitant.

You think that's sane?

There's absolutely no reason for personal transportation vehicles in the 21st century. Public transportation makes sense on every level imaginable.

in major urban centers i would agree with this statement. but having reliable, affordable, efficient, and available public transportation in rural areas would be impossible.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crustyjuggler27

Tell me about it. Buses and trains don't work too well in rural areas, everyone's too spread out, too much ground to cover.

I live in a rural area where 99% of the people have cars or trucks. The rest are either too old to drive or rely on neighbors/family/friends. Public transportation wouldn't work up here, the schedules are different not to mention what I pointed out above.

Even in the cities the public transportation can be unreliable. If it truly worked, was fast and efficient (not to mention very affordable) I'd be for it, but we have to preserve the right to own and operate our own vehicles. If they want change they should invest in cleaner alternatives to gasoline. To me, this is an excuse to restrict our movements and choices.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

No.

Their point is, that with planning, you can funnel your dollars and rebuild your infrastructure to make things like this easier too. Think Disney World with its underground system.

Drop stations outside the cities with underground delivery systems...trains, conveyors, what have you.

No vision or imagineering round here, it seems.

edit on 1/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: I spelled its wrong. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I see you're practicing on becoming a politician. LOL! You do realize it takes them many long years to reach their positions as well, right?

They can't. You're lying. Their jobs are actually quite complex, and require high levels of reasoning skills. Less than 5% of the population could keep up with everything they have to deal with on an ongoing basis.

There are foolish officers who still lead from the front, but that's either ego, or trying to bring up morale. I think it would be situational as to being best, and rarely so in the battlefield of today.

leading from the front is more for company grade officers. rarely would you see LtCol anywhere near a fight. i wouldnt call them foolish. the experiance makes them better field or flag grade officers. how this has anything to to with politicians is beyond me, but i do feel like i should defend some of the officers i have worked with.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

honestly this sounds reasonable if it didn't cost infinity zillion dollars. i can imagine it now. you have the majority of people being shuttled around underground in small tubes which zip them across town to their destinations. the get dropped off at the tube-hub closest to their destination. a quick elevator ride to the surface and they are at a bustling square filled with dances and live music right next to the hot dog cart ans street peddlers on what used to be a busy intersection. if they need to travel to another metro area they would take the small tube to the "I-mut" (Inter-metro underground transport) hub. when people or company's need things moved they commision the public hovercraft workers to do it for them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join