It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A Progressive's picnic forming ....

1,700 Private Jets Will Fly to Davos to Discuss Global Warming

A squadron of 1,700 private jets are rumbling into Davos, Switzerland, this week to discuss global warming and other issues as the annual World Economic Forum gets underway.

The influx of private jets is so great, the Swiss Armed Forces has been forced to open up a military air base for the first time ever to absorb all the super rich flying their private jets into the event, reports Newsweek.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The irony being that all the exhaust from all those jets goes towards increasing global warming. How come all those rich people didn't carpool (jetpool?) in one jet?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Say what you want about his plan, but it is the first plan I've seen that would actually ADDRESS the global warming issue for real instead of paying lip service to it. It may be unfeasible and unrealistic, but so is thinking that "Carbon credits" will do anything to stem global warming.

That's assuming "Man" is causing global warming.

I don't believe the malarkey.

Although I have no big problem with soot pollution being eliminated as long as the Carbon Credit hustlers stay away from the money.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Or why didn't they take public transport?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The irony being that all the exhaust from all those jets goes towards increasing global warming. How come all those rich people didn't carpool (jetpool?) in one jet?

Well the rest of us will make sacrifices to cancel there CO2 out so it all balances out

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That can't be a serious question.

They're not all hanging out in the same neighborhood, they come from around the globe.

Interestingly, I had my first uber ride yesterday. The guy was saying the company first tried it out with planes, but it proved unfeasible.

He also said the DOD was pitched the idea, and rejected it.

edit on 23-1-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I've really just gotten to the point that whether it is real or not, no real solution will ever be implemented. A real solution would require the unified and willing support of the entire world. So good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

That can't be a serious question.

They're not all hanging out in the same neighborhood, they come from around the globe.

Then why not take normal commercial jets, economy as well to make there travel foot print as low as possible? Why take private jet?

If they are so GD concerned about carbon foot print then economy Comercial airline would be the most "eco friendly"
edit on 23-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

You do know that there are plenty of planes flying in and out of Switzerland that they could have gotten a ticket for correct? Nah, they are too rich to ride with us plebes (even in first class) so their jet exhaust can be excused while they admonish us for driving cars and not carpooling.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I've really just gotten to the point that whether it is real or not, no real solution will ever be implemented. A real solution would require the unified and willing support of the entire world. So good luck with that.

If it is real then it will be us plebs that will be expected to make all the sacrifices while they carry one traveling in private jests driving super cars with 15mpg

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's a decent question. Security comes to mind (or rather deterrence, if you follow a recent post). I'm not sure.

Well then, I guess there is a need to say it again in this thread: perspective. Yep, easy as that. For every elite going around in a private jet making decisions that impact millions, there are.. millions of us driving in cars. Once you take in that perspective, you realize how it might begin to make sense. Well maybe. Hopefully. I don't know, probably not. Some people really, really, really want to feel we're all equally important, just cause.
edit on 23-1-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why not instead spend a trillion dollars on research in electricity/battery field and build cars that do not use petrol or gas? And more solar power so we got clean power to charge them with.

Building smarter cities yes of course to not get grid locks and smarter transportation. But that is something you do when you plan the cities/communities. Banning cars is short sighted. If science was not so corrupted by big corporations we would already have solved all these issues and could have both cars and no CO2.
edit on 23-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That's a decent question. Security comes to mind (or rather deterrence, if you follow a recent post). I'm not sure.

Hypocrisy comes to my mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Please forward this request to Mr Gore.

Please Mr Gore send me only a million dollars and I will promise never, ever to buy or hire or drive a motor vehicle the rest of my life. Therefore relieving the earth of a motor vehicle.
ps. Not a motorbike either.
pps . I promise to walk everywhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Why not instead spend a trillion dollars on research in electricity/battery field and build cars that do not use petrol or gas? And more solar power so we got clean power to charge them with.

Building smarter cities yes of course to not get grid locks and smarter transportation. But that is something you do when you plan the cities/communities. Banning cars is short sighted. If science was not so corrupted by big corporations we would already have solved all these issues and could have both cars and no CO2.

BUT THAT WOULD BE COMMON SENSE AND EASIER!!!!

common on ! You know the rules of the game politicians have to do things the most inefficient and difficult way possible!
Why? Cause # the public thats why

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

For every car that is being driven around by someone, there are TONS of unsold cars sitting in lots around the country. Then, seeing as how making a new car creates just as much pollution as driving one, you do the math.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well then, I guess there is a need to say it again in this thread: perspective. Yep, easy as that. For every elite going around in a private jet making decisions that impact millions, there are.. millions of us driving in cars. Once you take in that perspective, you realize how it might begin to make sense. Well maybe. Hopefully. I don't know, probably not. Some people really, really, really want to feel we're all equally important, just cause.

WTF?

Politician are more important so they can play by different rules?

Sorry in a democracy politician are the least important most expendable people around. Kill one and there are a 1000 political rats waiting to take there place.

If you blew up DC they would find replacements for all those politicians in days.
edit on 23-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
For about $1000, I bet you could find someone to ban Al from this planet.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That will be awesome for tradesman...dragging 500lbs of tools onto the bus.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
sounds like a little bit of agenda 21 going on in his head.
It might be better to make things more accessible so people don`t have to drive so far to get stuff.

I hate grocery shopping so if I could buy groceries on the internet and have them delivered I wouldn`t have to drive anywhere to get them. I admit my idea is based more on laziness than on saving the world from global warming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join