It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore: Spend $90 Trillion To Ban Cars From Every Major City In The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
All cars banned from cities, except his cars, the cars of politicians, and other "important" people. Like the billionaire Greene telling people to live with less and expect less comfort.

Exactly.

The rich are the ones consuming most the worlds resources yet they will take it out on the rest of us.

Force us to make sacrifices so they dont have too.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not worried.

Gore couldn't even convince the people in his own state of Tennessee to vote for him.

Dumbass intellectual zombie.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: crazyewok

So you've got nothing, and resort to name calling and appeals to emotion.

You could have just said, "I've got nothing". It would have at least been more honest.

Id say Freedom and right of choice is not nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

That's a poorly thought out statement. How does my wife (or me) get groceries home? You expect a mother with 2 kids and a cart full of food to wait at a bus stop, get on the bus, then walk it all back to house from the closest bus stop?

edit on 1/23/2015 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: crazyewok

Are you trying to tell me there's a sane reason for having several thousand lb personal transportation vehicles that on average have seating for 4-7 people, yet are 90%+ of the time occupied by a single inhabitant.

You think that's sane?

There's absolutely no reason for personal transportation vehicles in the 21st century. Public transportation makes sense on every level imaginable.

Completely disagree....I have a family of 5 and a dog....public transport is not an option I care to try. And yes, I do have a car that seats them all and am in it by myself sometimes because I have just dropped them off at their schools and am headed to work.

Public transport, but me, is laughable to even think about even if it was close to my house.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So then. We ban cars. Everyone relies on public transportation. No more freedom. You either take that bus or walk. Or wait for the next one. So essentially, they control your movements even more. You're at the mercy of the system who decides when, how and why to provide such transport. Of course this only applies to the little people. The "lucky few" of course keep their cars, boats, motorcycles, private aircrafts, etc.

Then we'll see individual bathrooms and kitchens as wasteful. Houses and workplaces, just condense it all, give everyone a little room, shared bathrooms and a giant cafeteria. If you want something better you better work hard to take advantage of that 1 in a million chance you'll advance...

The future sounds like the Asimov novel The Caves of Steel.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

That's a poorly thought out statement. How does my wife (or me) get groceries home? You expect a mother with 2 kids and a cart full of food to wait at a bus stop, get on the bus, then walk it all back to house from the closest bus stop?

Precisely....PT is for single folks that live in downtown NYC, not families that have to actually live life daily, get groceries, take kids to school and the doctor, etc....

So, we ban cars, then one night one of my kids gets deathly ill....busses have stopped running for the night so can't get to the train....guess i just have to suck it up and hope for the best right?

What a stupid idea.....Gore needs to go jump off a really tall building already.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It turns out the $90 trillion is the total of infrastructure investment that is likely to be spent anyway building and upgrading cities. Gore and Calderon are arguing that it be spent more wisely, to produce cities that don't encourage people to burn fossil fuels just to get from A to B.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Perspective.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It turns out the $90 trillion is the total of infrastructure investment that is likely to be spent anyway building and upgrading cities. Gore and Calderon are arguing that it be spent more wisely, to produce cities that don't encourage people to burn fossil fuels just to get from A to B.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Perspective.

Yes, perspective is important:

Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

And it'll create jobs. Need plenty of people to shovel the ____. And I don't mean politicians.

Good idea. After all, we won't have street sweepers anymore ether, right? Plus, if we get hungry we can eat the horses and push the car to work ourselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How about we just ban Al Gore?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Just can't stay on topic, can ya?

Anyways....

I think it's a sound idea to get rid of our dependence on fossil fuels and plan wisely for the future of the planet.

Call me stupid, I don't care, butI like ideas and don't tend to get hung up on loving or hating the person who has an idea.

ETA: Cars will probably be obsolete soon anyway, and people who live most big cities, like NYC, already get this. Sure there are a few holdouts, but this would probably be the natural evolution of things anyway, so why not do it to ensure we cover everyone's needs?

And since when is capitalism bad? When someone whose politics you don't agree with makes the bucks?
edit on 1/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Okay...

Anyone who thinks that Al and Felipe rode their bicycles back and forth to these meetings to put together this study, please raise your hands.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's a publicity stunt. He hasn't been in the spotlight a while and needs some buzz around him. He damn well knows this will never happen in his lifetime.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Okay...

Anyone who thinks that Al and Felipe rode their bicycles back and forth to these meetings to put together this study, please raise your hands.

If only to give them the one fingered salute.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So then. We ban cars. Everyone relies on public transportation. No more freedom. You either take that bus or walk. Or wait for the next one. So essentially, they control your movements even more. You're at the mercy of the system who decides when, how and why to provide such transport. Of course this only applies to the little people. The "lucky few" of course keep their cars, boats, motorcycles, private aircrafts, etc.

Then we'll see individual bathrooms and kitchens as wasteful. Houses and workplaces, just condense it all, give everyone a little room, shared bathrooms and a giant cafeteria. If you want something better you better work hard to take advantage of that 1 in a million chance you'll advance...

The future sounds like the Asimov novel The Caves of Steel.

Its coming...they'll do it by increments. First thing I expect to see is they ban anything but electric vehicles in the Sh/c/ities; then as they've already done in New York and other US Sh/c/ities, they take out 2 lanes in each direction, one for the free-fire/stab kill zones that are the buses and one for the hipster creeps on their bicycles so driving any four wheeled vehichle is a pain in the buttockxal area.

Its really only a matter of time, but thankfully for anyone over 40, it doesn't matter; if you get to actually retire, you'll move into a mobile home in a small town 100's of miles from any major US Sh/c/ities and you'll never really be affected by it...if your smart that is. If not....who cares if dummies put up with this, its their business.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Can't wait to hop on the train/bus with my family and all our gear to head to the beach for a week in the summer. What would have been a 6 hour drive would turn into a couple days with all the stops they make.

There are so many things wrong with the proposed idea it is mind blowing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Say what you want about his plan, but it is the first plan I've seen that would actually ADDRESS the global warming issue for real instead of paying lip service to it. It may be unfeasible and unrealistic, but so is thinking that "Carbon credits" will do anything to stem global warming.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: billyvonhelvete
The man is just nucking futs!!

Can you believe he was almost POTUS!! Wow!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: billyvonhelvete
The man is just nucking futs!!

Can you believe he was almost POTUS!! Wow!

He lost to G W Bush so that kinda speaks for itself

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join