It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Water Is Running Out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

One small tiny bottle (330ml to 500ml) costs almost 2 bucks.
For the same 2 bucks you get more gas than water.

I always find it ironic when someone is holding a bottle of water while complaining about gas prices.

edit on 23-1-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When they start taking the salt out of water and hauling it around, it will be a minimum of a buck for a gallon of water. We have to flush our toilets, that takes a few gallons. Now think about the big inconvenience that we will have. Right now most people have it easy, soon everyone will be using those old outhouses.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My buddy was doing in-home electrolysis water filtration systems, he came over once to practice his presentation. We did the test on tap water (which turned a lovely brown/green) & 2 types of bottled water (both which came out yellow/green).

Even collected rainwater would need a strong purification system with all the chemicals floating around & being absorbed into the ocean.

I always think about toilets & showers & how much water is run/wasted to allow so many people such a common convenience.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mmmmhm....desalinate the oceans....if salt levels drop in the sea the ice caps start melting.....etc etc.

However I have said for some time now that many of these 'invasions' of other countries look as though they have been all about the oil or to keep economies going...war makes money for the few after all....but I believe it is all about clean water....Lybia being a case in point....

The Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System (NSAS) is the world’s largest known fossil water aquifer system. It is located underground in the Eastern end of the Sahara Desert and spans the political boundaries of four countries in north-eastern Africa.[1] NSAS covers a land area spanning just over two million km2, including north-western Sudan, north-eastern Chad, south-eastern Libya, and most of Egypt. Containing an estimated 150,000 km3 of groundwater,[2] the significance of the NSAS as a potential water resource for future development programs in these countries is extraordinary. Recently the Great Man-made River Project (GMMR) in Libya began extracting substantial amounts of water from this aquifer, removing an estimated 2.37 km3 per year.

Nubian aquifer

Here's a map....

.....and the article to go with it...
Water in Africa

And here's another interesting article about 'unrest' in Asian countries including Afghanistan being due to water...

"There are several elements to the Libyan mess. One of them is certainly water. I would highlight the issue by quoting similar situations in South and Central Asia," News Central Asia Editor Tariq Saeedi told IPS.

"Kashmir is understood to be the cause of rift between India and Pakistan but actually it's the water of three rivers - Ravi, Sutlej and Beas - that originate from upper Kashmir that is the source of dispute.

"The Amudarya River that starts from Afghanistan and criss-crosses between Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan before terminating at Aral Sea is another example. The ability of this river to trigger a conflict in Central Asia will rise proportionately with the ability of Afghanistan to use more water from Amudarya for its own use.

"In a nutshell, whoever controls NSAS, controls the economies, foreign policies and destinies of several countries in the region, not just north-eastern Africa," explains Saeedi.

Water water everywhere....

I rest my case....we are running out of fresh water.....

Jane

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Water is not running out, it's just been commodified and Disaster Capitalists are cashing in.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Totally agree with you, i test water for desalination and brine concentration plants.
Potable water doesn't mean it's good for you, the biggest problem with rain catchments is Ecoli and other bacteria.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How on earth can that be positive?
2oo billion litres for 20 million people is 1000 litres each.
During the worst of the drought here, the goal was 88 litres usage per day - this is for Melbourne, a city close to 4 million people.
At that rate, Sao Paulo has 11 days reserve.
If US usage rates were used, they'd have three days water at most, given figures of approx. 100 gallons per day average US per capita water usage figures from the USGS - over 400 litres.
As for bottled water, I don't get your argument.
This is far from sensationalist and won't be solved by not drinking bottled water.
The forests you walk in are far from Sao Paulo, whatever sources you find certainly aren't around there.
Its having a major effect - noticed that North American beef prices have risen 9% the past year? The cows for your burgers, raised in Brazil, aren't there anymore. This drought has seen to that.
If their drought does break, prices will rise far more rapidly, it's called restocking.
Just don't understand how you can see a positive or claim sensationalism,

a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
water will never run out. after all, where does it go ?

Back up and back down....its a cycle, water will never run out.... the quality may diminish,

On the other hand, oil will certainly run out, the lubrication of ones tectonic plates will become dry

leading to more violent earth quakes. I believe the oil is there for a reason.

We are abusing it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yep,

Don't forget to turn your spicket off after watering your lawn IN THE DESERT and filling the swimming pool.

Not specifically pointing at any one member here.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
water will never run out. after all, where does it go ?

Back up and back down....its a cycle, water will never run out.... the quality may diminish,

On the other hand, oil will certainly run out, the lubrication of ones tectonic plates will become dry

leading to more violent earth quakes. I believe the oil is there for a reason.

We are abusing it.

Do you actually believe that buried oil lubricates the tectonic plates?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yay capitalism!

It isn't Capitalism. It's Cronyism. Know the difference.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Exactly...you have to have some type of treatment process like UV sterilization aside from your 0ppm ro membrane w charcoal setup for drinking ...That would handle the nasties, not require chems and be a relatively cheap setup.

You could also bypass your filters to add lifespan between changes, to run toilets on, as well as a higher flow filter for showers, as long as the tank is UV sterilized.

You could handle it by installing submersible lamp directly into holding tank.
You would need some sort of indicator like an led/buzzer for notification if it burns out.

Your dishes, glasses and car would appreciate it and be squeaky clean from the lack of minerals.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Earthquakes occur quite deep The 2011 Japanese earthquake was considered shallow and occurred at a depth of 32km.
The deepest oil well is just shy of 11km. So apart from some interesting chemistry resulting from the pressure and temperature at this depth, We're still 20km shy of the earthquake zone. Lots of oil deposits occurred with the Permian dieoff, 395 million years ago. For them to be forced so far downward, the heat and pressure would expel any liquids contained within.
We're safe. Using all the oil we like won't affect us one bit. My Prime Minister said so.
reply to: scubagravy

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn
I seriously think you aught to go back to school.

ALL and I mean ALL so called drinking water comes from the oceans. FACT. Rain, snow sleet and hail started it's journey in the seas and oceans and through convection into the sky to fall naturally on the mountains and deserts everywhere. Or did you think the water gnomes put the snow on the mountains and water in the aquifers?

As I've often said before, especially the USA, if you spent a few billion less on military hardware and spent a few million on desalination plants we would not be having this discussion.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I just read this and just had to answer. I will not put anything else here. I do not need a response.

WE LIVE ON A PLANET THAT IS 3 FIFTHS WATER.
We're running out of water? Get a more firmer grip on reality.

Take your own advise ---- get a grip on factual reality:

ONLY 2.5% of the WORLD'S WATER IS FRESH WATER.

Maybe a picture would help:

You cannot drink salt water, irrigate crops, cool machinery with salt water. Desalination is not practical for the large amounts of water needed and it creates huge pollution effects it's self.

Learn something - something factual.

...and then there's the three fifths of 'what' exactly - surface area, volume, mass - just what are you saying.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Um....I pay $3 for 35 bottles (16.9 ounces) at Sams club for Nestle Pure Life water....My tap water sucks...That is not as much as gas. Unless you are paying almost nothing for gas, maybe I can have you fuel up my truck for me.

Purchase (or rent - if you want to encourage rent seeking behavior) a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter and change the filters in it. It will save you money and save a ton of waste. Use reuseable containers for your home made filtered water.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
running out of water? well who the # is shipping the oceans into space then?!

oh you meant clean water. then i guess they better improve their cleaning methods...

we will never run out of water. we may fail to clean it fast enough to meet demand though. which would be running out of clean water. big difference. running out of water implies nothing to be done except rationing.

running out of clean water implies they need more efficient treatment facilities. which is certainly the case.

you think your not already drinking cleansed urine from your tap? most certainly are. water never leaves us it just flows in a huge endless cycle and as we populate our demand increases thus so must also our supply

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Puurleeese! Read my last post and go get a life. Stop believing all the BS that comes out of sensationalists mouths and go to a couple of science classes.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When they start taking the salt out of water and hauling it around, it will be a minimum of a buck for a gallon of water. We have to flush our toilets, that takes a few gallons. Now think about the big inconvenience that we will have. Right now most people have it easy, soon everyone will be using those old outhouses.

Composting toliets - no water and free fertilizer. Have to learn how to use them and that's the only hard part - for some crowds.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yay capitalism!

It isn't Capitalism. It's Cronyism. Know the difference.

There is no difference. Capitalism, at it's very heart, is cronyism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join