It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Water Is Running Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
mobile.reuters.com...

What do you think will take precedence?
The Currency Wars or The Water Wars

What will we run out of first?
Water or Oil?

Don't worry, Arrowhead will continue stealing water from the Native American Reservations & raise the price as supply dwindles.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.desertsun.com...

Yay capitalism!
edit on 23-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Unfortunately, it's been getting worse and worse for a while now... I started a thread months ago about it.

São Paulo (Brazil) is running out of water

Here's what our dear governor (/sarcasm) said in August:

São Paulo state's governor, Geraldo Alckmin, has said that rationing won't be necessary in São Paulo city and its metropolitan region, which is home to about 19 million people and much of Brazil's industry.

Sad thing is? That guy got re-elected.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Here is what the CEO of Nestle thinks about water....

God help us...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That reuters link is quite positive actually and only talks about Sau Paulo.
They mention that they have a reserve of 200 billion litres waiting to be tapped.

To me this is sensationalism.
I go into the woods all the time and NEVER carry water because I am surrounded by it everywhere.

The conspiracy to me is bottled water.
When you think about it,its more expensive than gasoline and people buy bottled water everyday not realizing they are being duped.

If I can drink from streams,creeks,swamps,lakes and rivers as well as tap water.....quit buying bottled water.
People who keep buying it are the ones who create the demand for it.
If you want it to stop...quit buying bottled water that costs more than gasoline.

The problem isn't that we are running out of water,its that people won't stop buying bottled water.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just wait until they bottle air......no more going outside without your air bottle people!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They're manipulating it to end up profiting and controlling all the water on the planet. I'm probably wrong but I always read that the amount of water on the planet only changes by slight amounts, because most just recycles and changes places/forms.

If they were really that seriously concerned about the future of water, they'd build desalinization plants, and look at ways to further protect water and not dump byproducts in it.

The future is your reusable bottle and if you want water you swipe your card or wave your hand under the reader then fill your bottle up. Of course you have a limit and you have to pay. Anyone else notice how they manipulate resources to make it look like there's shortages when in the end they simply mismanage and willfully waste tons of it?

Order from chaos. Create the problem, introduce the solution, victory.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just read this and just had to answer. I will not put anything else here. I do not need a response.

WE LIVE ON A PLANET THAT IS 3 FIFTHS WATER.
We're running out of water? Get a more firmer grip on reality.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Um....I pay $3 for 35 bottles (16.9 ounces) at Sams club for Nestle Pure Life water....My tap water sucks...That is not as much as gas. Unless you are paying almost nothing for gas, maybe I can have you fuel up my truck for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
running out of water? well who the # is shipping the oceans into space then?!

oh you meant clean water. then i guess they better improve their cleaning methods...

we will never run out of water. we may fail to clean it fast enough to meet demand though. which would be running out of clean water. big difference. running out of water implies nothing to be done except rationing.

running out of clean water implies they need more efficient treatment facilities. which is certainly the case.

you think your not already drinking cleansed urine from your tap? most certainly are. water never leaves us it just flows in a huge endless cycle and as we populate our demand increases thus so must also our supply

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Um....I pay $3 for 35 bottles (16.9 ounces) at Sams club for Nestle Pure Life water....My tap water sucks...That is not as much as gas. Unless you are paying almost nothing for gas, maybe I can have you fuel up my truck for me.

I believe he was referencing more the ones that go for the name brand water in convenience stores....Dasani, Evian, Fiji, etc....which are all well over the cost of gas per gallon. Not to mention that a lot of these companies add sodium to the water in order to make you more thirsty when you finish so you will get more.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When you think about all the military spending across every country on earth this past decade..it is hundreds of trillions of dollars.

We could built a very large quantity of water purification and desalinization plants across the globe. We aren't running out of water any time soon...unless our governments and our corporate overlords decide we should.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I just read this and just had to answer. I will not put anything else here. I do not need a response.

Mm yes I LOVE drinking salt water!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
They're manipulating it to end up profiting and controlling all the water on the planet. I'm probably wrong but I always read that the amount of water on the planet only changes by slight amounts, because most just recycles and changes places/forms.

If they were really that seriously concerned about the future of water, they'd build desalinization plants, and look at ways to further protect water and not dump byproducts in it.

The future is your reusable bottle and if you want water you swipe your card or wave your hand under the reader then fill your bottle up. Of course you have a limit and you have to pay. Anyone else notice how they manipulate resources to make it look like there's shortages when in the end they simply mismanage and willfully waste tons of it?

Order from chaos. Create the problem, introduce the solution, victory.

Some well put thoughts; though I think we all know "they" are definitely not worried about the future of water. Depopulation will hit us in multiple ways. Humanity doesn't have 50 years left imo.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

That reuters link is quite positive actually and only talks about Sau Paulo.
They mention that they have a reserve of 200 billion litres waiting to be tapped.

To me this is sensationalism.
I go into the woods all the time and NEVER carry water because I am surrounded by it everywhere.

The conspiracy to me is bottled water.
When you think about it,its more expensive than gasoline and people buy bottled water everyday not realizing they are being duped.

If I can drink from streams,creeks,swamps,lakes and rivers as well as tap water.....quit buying bottled water.
People who keep buying it are the ones who create the demand for it.
If you want it to stop...quit buying bottled water that costs more than gasoline.

The problem isn't that we are running out of water,its that people won't stop buying bottled water.

Most people don't live near natural water sources, especially not within walking distance. & when people are finally forced out of the cities in search of natural water sources to wash clothes/bathe/drink/throw trash in, you probably won't want to be drinking it anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's amazing we even pay for water.

Pay a fee to have 4-500 ppm of dissolved solids; pesticides, nicotine, narcotics, fertilizers, cancer causing chemicals, lead etc, etc piped into our homes.

Free water falls from the sky with 5-20 ppm and none of it is poisonous.
The clean water flows over our roofs, through the lawns and back to a treatment plant, to be partially filtered and intentionally pumped up with chemicals, then pumped back into our homes to drink.
It is insane, if you think about it.
We should be getting paid to use it, to cover future medical costs.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

How do you figure?

Does this look like 3/5 to you?

Did you know you can't water crops with or drink salt water?

To give you an idea out of all the water on earth only 1% is usable to humans.

How does your reality look now?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

How do you figure?

Does this look like 3/5 to you?

Did you know you can't water crops with or drink salt water?

To give you an idea out of all the water on earth only 1% is usable to humans.

How does your reality look now?

You're only half right though. We have the technology and the money to create massive amounts of desalinization plants. We have the drinking water. The question is, do we want it or will they let us have it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Title is wrong, it should state drinking water imo.

Ive noticed over the years that a lot of underground spring drinking waters have disappeared, either by neglecting them & not repairing as necessary others have been redirected by industries.

In my old village in my country of origin we had many of these types of underground water running every where, now most are gone. And in my current adopted country im seeing them slowly disappear. Example near by a mountain there is an underground spring flowing & hasn't been repaired but totally forgotten after a tree branch had fallen & broke the piping's.

Many years ago majority of businesses such as a restaurant used to give water out freely to those who asked, now its changed they would ask you to buy their bottled water instead majority of the time. I can see it slowly we are heading towards water privatization. And its us consumers fault for buying something that is a human right & should be freely around.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MegaSpace

We gave up natural human rights a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

well don't be suprised to find out that water is just extra processed tap water coming from a well, reservoir, one of the great lakes.

most of their water if not all is bought from local water utilities, or trucked in from another state and run through more filtration than the utilities do.

here is just one example.

No doubt Nestlé will be familiar with what comes next; they’ve had a dress rehearsal. Nine years ago Nestlé Waters was sued over allegation of false labeling. On that occasion, the Connecticut class action lawsuit took issue with the fact that Nestlé purported the water in bottles of Poland Spring came from an underground spring source deep in the woods in Maine when in fact it came from a well encircled not by nature but by parking lots. In 2003, Nestlé settled the suit for $10 million in charitable contributions and discounts.
Ne stlé Sued AGAIN For Falsely Representing Bottled Tap Water As Naturally Spring-Sourced

you could buy a filtration system, not one of those that hook to the sink, ones like you see in restaurants,hospitals,or someplace commercial, but they make home versions. although expensive, it wouldn't take long to recoup your the cost in savings from buying water that's not what it is advertised as.

ETA: last i looked into it, Nestlé owns over 70 bottled water companies, i think 8 of them are in the U.S..

edit on 23-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: it's 7 in the U.S., here is a list of all Nestlé Brands and country sold in.
Nestls Water Brands
edit on 23-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join