It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Love... Except when he's committing genocide...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
God is Love, the same as your parent is love, when you do something wrong does your loving parent allow you to get away with it or do they punish you, so you will know better in the future? When God told his people to kill others it was because he knew what these people were, they carried the gene of the Nephphillian, or they were enemies to God or his people, and would cause destruction. I would advise that you first read the Bible and get an understanding of it before you condemn God. try using the concordence to understand the verses and the phareses in the bible and go to someone who may have an understanding of the bible. It is easy to judge God, but he said that you should do your own research and study not just the bible to come to an understanding of him, and the evil that rules this world, for we fight not against flesh and blood but against spitits and principalities, May God bless and forgive your Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Posted previously by Orangetom on page 8.

There is no such instruction to carry out a Crusade nor an Inquesition..it Is a counterfeit position.

At the same time ..none of us were around then..none of us are guilty of this.

So do not let non believers use this flawed tactic on you to silence you or default through...censor you.

Non believers are using a counterfeit starting point to get this position imprinted on the backs of Believers.

Their position is of the counterfeiter. It is supposed to shame us and get us unto silence..that they can default through unquestioned and unchallenged.
This is a very common misunderstanding unless you know and unbelievers will exploit it upon Believers.

The tactic involves using Rome to automatically and by default represent all Christians carte blanche...and it is not so.
Particularly when you know about losing the candlestick or using practices which are not in the instructions for a Church. In like manner to what happened to the Hebrews and the nation of Ancient Israel by 70 AD when the Romans took Jerusalem. They had lost the candlestick.
Does this mean that every Jew or Catholic is going to hell..no it does not. For God does not lose those who are his...of every kindred and tongue on the earth. And His people are found everywhere on this earth. He will lose not one.
But it means that the church has lost it's candlestick and gone after other gods. Defiled itself. And Rome is not alone in this. It did not help the Hebrews themselves nor their temple by 70 AD.

From the beginning there were a number of independent non denominational churches who did not join Rome and went their own way. They did not seek the approval of the Council of Nicea and went their own way. They usually took the names of the places where they built their churches or of some their church leaders.They can be found in John Fox and his " Foxe's Book of Martyrs" for these were the churches and people that Rome sought out in the Inquisition and often burned at the stake. Their people are still around today...and so too these churches.

Rome does not represent me or my Faith. Nor is Rome my default setting. I often note in any article on religion that Time magazine automatically, by default, refers to Rome in it's writings..that Rome automatically represents everything Christian. It is predictable to see this in Time magazine.
I Just know sufficient to note this pattern. Learn to spot this pattern..and you will begin to see this yourself..over and over and over. You can see them coming.

And now the rest of the Believers out here know.

Orangetom
edit on 8-2-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

originally posted by: Entreri06

I see people ALL the time say "god is love". Well how can the atrocities of the Old Testament be attributed to a being that is love personified?

IMHO it's really lazy and illogical thinking. Kinda when your girlfriend/wife accuses you of "your here but your not here". Or your boss tells you to think outside the box....

It's when they (boss/wife) don't even know what they want but are mad at you for not giving it to them.

But back to the point. How can you say some one who.....

Ordered the genocide of the philistines

Caused the flood killing all but one family

Sends all unbelievers to burn in hell

Tortured job over a bet with the devil

Ordered a father to murder his son

Really the list goes on and on, so how can you call that guy LOVE incarnate??

Back to page 1 of this thread.

look at the title of this thread ..for the readers here...

" God is Love... Except when he's committing genocide..."

Now I am going to point out the pabulum which often take place in threads like this one as I did in an earlier post Illustrating the "Time warp techniques " so popular today.

A time warp technique is where someone takes an event way back in history and then tries to hold everyone else today accountable for it today...responsible and guilty as charged for those historical events.

Now here are the charges..

Now how many of you were around back then.

furthermore how many genocides have taken place in the last 100 years...the time of science..the time of wise men..of sophists in government ..men of logic and reason...the Illuminated educated wise sophists running things.

If you don't understand of what it is I am talking about here...I will illustrate..

from R G Rummels dissertation on "Democide."

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

No matter how you try to cut it ..this is a lot of people in the last 100 years. and killed by their own governments..by democracy. Yet it is necessary for the program being run on us to stick us back in a time warp to make us guilty of such horrible events.

Our own president just tried this to us the other day in the news while supporting another religion and another philosophy. ..the same time warp techniques. I submit to you readers that the Presidents position is from the same stable of logic and reason...or Illogic and non reason once you know.

www.washingtonpost.com...

For none of us were around back then..none of us owned slaves..et al...but it is necessary for the nature of the guilt program for us to be guilty sufficient to silence or censor us into compliance and non thinking..so that this other program can default through....unquestioned and unchallenged.

But once you know some historical perspective the picture changes.

Be very very careful of guilt techniques and guilt manipulations in order to silence you and prevent you from thinking.

The womens groups tried this one before the last 2 year election with "The War on Women." It had been so used and overused that it became predictable and people weren't buying into it . The laughed to scorn with it. It became "Wolfie>"

I will be gratified to see more people catching on to these other movements using and misusing such guilt programming and default positions ..and also laughing them to scorn in like manner to the womens positions.

When you see enough of this kind of thing going on you begin to recognize a pattern...a predictable pattern. You can see them coming....ad naseum.

Learn to spot the Wolfieness in these types of posts and OPs.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

But god was around back then!!!! How is it strange for people to hold you accountble for the person you are voluntarily worshipping.......
edit on 8-2-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999
Posted previously by Orangetom on page 8.

There is no such instruction to carry out a Crusade nor an Inquesition..it Is a counterfeit position.

At the same time ..none of us were around then..none of us are guilty of this.

So do not let non believers use this flawed tactic on you to silence you or default through...censor you.

Non believers are using a counterfeit starting point to get this position imprinted on the backs of Believers.

Their position is of the counterfeiter. It is supposed to shame us and get us unto silence..that they can default through unquestioned and unchallenged.
This is a very common misunderstanding unless you know and unbelievers will exploit it upon Believers.

The tactic involves using Rome to automatically and by default represent all Christians carte blanche...and it is not so.
Particularly when you know about losing the candlestick or using practices which are not in the instructions for a Church. In like manner to what happened to the Hebrews and the nation of Ancient Israel by 70 AD when the Romans took Jerusalem. They had lost the candlestick.
Does this mean that every Jew or Catholic is going to hell..no it does not. For God does not lose those who are his...of every kindred and tongue on the earth. And His people are found everywhere on this earth. He will lose not one.
But it means that the church has lost it's candlestick and gone after other gods. Defiled itself. And Rome is not alone in this. It did not help the Hebrews themselves nor their temple by 70 AD.

From the beginning there were a number of independent non denominational churches who did not join Rome and went their own way. They did not seek the approval of the Council of Nicea and went their own way. They usually took the names of the places where they built their churches or of some their church leaders.They can be found in John Fox and his " Foxe's Book of Martyrs" for these were the churches and people that Rome sought out in the Inquisition and often burned at the stake. Their people are still around today...and so too these churches.

Rome does not represent me or my Faith. Nor is Rome my default setting. I often note in any article on religion that Time magazine automatically, by default, refers to Rome in it's writings..that Rome automatically represents everything Christian. It is predictable to see this in Time magazine.
I Just know sufficient to note this pattern. Learn to spot this pattern..and you will begin to see this yourself..over and over and over. You can see them coming.

And now the rest of the Believers out here know.

Orangetom

Of course Christians arnt responsible for the crusades or slavery exc, but there religion was used to justify them. This comes up when people try to attack Islam because of terrorists. It's to point out the hypocracy.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carolenej1
God is Love, the same as your parent is love, when you do something wrong does your loving parent allow you to get away with it or do they punish you, so you will know better in the future? When God told his people to kill others it was because he knew what these people were, they carried the gene of the Nephphillian, or they were enemies to God or his people, and would cause destruction. I would advise that you first read the Bible and get an understanding of it before you condemn God. try using the concordence to understand the verses and the phareses in the bible and go to someone who may have an understanding of the bible. It is easy to judge God, but he said that you should do your own research and study not just the bible to come to an understanding of him, and the evil that rules this world, for we fight not against flesh and blood but against spitits and principalities, May God bless and forgive your Ignorance.

The bible says they were evil giant people. History says they were the Sumerians (I think, it's irrelevant to the point.). Some of the most advanced people on the planet at one time. So if they weren't evil giant people. Then in was genocide.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

No, man can and does form that way naturally.

Exactly. No "god" required. It is programmed into us - we are a social specie, dependent on community to survive.

The concept of God will mean little to nothing to that man.
Because it isn't necessary.

However, if the men surrounding that man, that live on Earth are followers of God in the true sense of being truly good

So, you're saying the non-believer who doesn't do those things (rape, kill, steal, etc) without any thoughts about a 'god' punishing them ------- is not "truly" good?

Nonsense.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

]I believe that the God who delivered Israel from slavery knew what He was doing.

Except where is the EVIDENCE that they were slaves or that there was some 40-year period they were wandering in the desert?

I believe you are mistaken. Just my belief, don't take it personally.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

when you look at the hominid family tree, we are the last, lonely, spindly little twig on an otherwise mildly impressive shrub. Some stunting is to be expected.

This is brilliant. You remind me of Bill Bryson.

Bill? Is that you???

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Nvmd

edit on 8-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Entreri06

A: do we have records from it? Or is it more that we have copies of copies from it? Once to start getting into copies of copies the evidence chain is screwed.

You have letters from people who attended the Council.

B: I wonder how much of this stuff, from the first to the 4th or 5th centuries, we are just taking the ROman Catholic Church word for it. If the earliest copies we have today are from catholic scribes 200 years after the event.......

No, letters written from attendees.

C: just as a weird fyi, Since you said tangent earlier, I never get emotional over Internet forums. It's just all in good fun for me. Hell I rarely get emotional in real life. Lol. There is definately a lot lost in text. Without tone or inflection to go too. So I'm never mad or franking out or whatever. So feel free to say whatever I'm not reporting anyone. Hehe

I didn't say you were getting emotional man. lol

Do we have the actual letters or medieval recopies? It was a big thing in the Middle Ages to translate old roman texts.

What do you mean by attendees? Church attendes letters to one another?

You never said what the earliest known copies of original texts when/where from, if you know.

Here, this may be of better service than me just replying to all these questions, I hope it's a great benefit.

Council of Nicaea Myths

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think they're saying if you're a non believer then you are lying about not doing those things.

You disgust me.

edit on 9-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

A: do we have records from it? Or is it more that we have copies of copies from it? Once to start getting into copies of copies the evidence chain is screwed.

B: I wonder how much of this stuff, from the first to the 4th or 5th centuries, we are just taking the ROman Catholic Church word for it. If the earliest copies we have today are from catholic scribes 200 years after the event.......

C: just as a weird fyi, Since you said tangent earlier, I never get emotional over Internet forums. It's just all in good fun for me. Hell I rarely get emotional in real life. Lol. There is definately a lot lost in text. Without tone or inflection to go too. So I'm never mad or franking out or whatever. So feel free to say whatever I'm not reporting anyone. Hehe

Do we have the actual letters or medieval recopies? It was a big thing in the Middle Ages to translate old roman texts.

You never said what the earliest known copies of original texts when/where from, if you know.

Here, this may be of better service than me just replying to all these questions, I hope it's a great benefit.

Council of Nicaea Myths

Prove to me this council even actually happened. & you're not allowed to use any sort of hearsay from a book.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

You disgust me.

The feeling is mutual.

I think they're saying if you're a non believer then you are lying about not doing those things.

I have no idea what this even means. You think non-believers are out raping, killing, etc and lying about it? LOL!!!!

Let me introduce you to a few priests.....

give us a break. Morals are built in to the human being. Period.
If any person does NOT have those morals, and the ONLY THING stopping them is FEAR of 'punishment', then okay whatever. I guess it's not enough that there are LAWS against those things for those who are psychopathic enough - if they need an idea of "God" (some unseen monitor) watching them, then they are too immature to behave like adults anyway.

Decent people do NOT 'need religion' to know the difference between right and wrong.

edit on 2/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You must be joking. Prove to you the Council of Nicea happened? It's in the Roman records. It happened. Everyone knows it who is interested in religious sociology.

Here's a starting point. Just scroll down for SOURCES - historical proof.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Next you'll be telling me everything in public school textbooks is completely factual, LoL.

Take your long term conditioned mainstream history the # outta my reality.

Just for the record, everything I've said to you has been more or less sarcastic

(While maintaining 100% accuracy pertaining to my actual world views)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Next you'll be telling me everything in public school textbooks is completely factual, LoL.

Nope! Lots of it is bunk. But that does NOT include science....and when new discoveries are made, the texts are UPDATED. Except, of course, in Texas and Kansas, where they want to REMOVE science from the textbooks altogether and 'add in' Creationism/Young Earth dogma.

Take your long term conditioned mainstream history the # outta my reality.

Not like you ever let it sink in to begin with.

Just for the record, everything I've said to you has been more or less sarcastic

Nice. It was hard to tell.
You still disgust me.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Council of Nicaea Myths

Prove to me this council even actually happened. & you're not allowed to use any sort of hearsay from a book.

I'm not playing this game.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Could you kindly give us a list of the games you WILL play?
Like, logical games? What about those? Brain-training games? Jeopardy?
Or any games other than 'apologetics'? Or is 'apologetics' the only game you are willing to play? Just asking.

Pathetic
edit on 2/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Of course Christians arnt responsible for the crusades or slavery exc, but there religion was used to justify them. This comes up when people try to attack Islam because of terrorists. It's to point out the hypocracy.

You cannot use Christianity to justify the crusades as I pointed out. For there is no such instruction to promote Christianity by the sword. It does not exist in New Testament instructions for conversion or the Church. And that is my point. Same thing applies for an Inquesition. But you and others with your sense of entitlement think this is the way to go.

The sad truth about it is that so many Christians today are so dirt dumb that they do not know enough history to counter the nonsense you are trying to default over on here. It ought not to be this way bit it is in fact true about so many Christians/Believers being so dirt dumb that they cannot think their way out of it. And I hold many of their ministers at fault for keeping them ignorant about this history.

And we have our own President using the same flawed logic and reason to default through in his speech the other day.
From my point and understanding he looked incredibly dumb and untutored...but he was counting on the ignorance of many Christians and he is correct in this.

Any Church which tries to go this route ..and there have been many...has lost the candlestick and is in fact a counterfeit church.

Your position is one of using a counterfeit church to corral all Christians. You are doing exactly what you claim Christians are doing. And you can get away with it for the most part because of the ignorance of most Christians.
I just happen to know the history...and this about The Word.

Yet among many non believers....they try to use Rome to label all Christians out here today..and even yesterday. As if Rome is the automatic default setting for All of Christianity. It is not so.

As to Islam...for those who want to read what is in the Religion ...it is there ..to carry on by promoting the religion by the sword...even today. To convert others by the sword or put them to death. IN Roman Catholic terms this is in the form of a Papal Bull. IN Islam I believe it is often in the form of a Fatwa.

Now..not all Muslims believe or carry on this way...and one must be very careful in this understanding. But it is in the religion to promote and carry out the religion by the sword. You can also justify killing someone who converts from Islam. This is not so in Christianity.

And these Roman Catholic Papal Bulls are still in effect for those who want to carry them out. They have never been removed.
Most choose not to carry them out ..but I am aware that they are still there...hence events like the

Saint Bartholomews Day MAssacre.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Day_massacre

This is not justified in the New Testament. It is not an instruction for a Church to carry on this way but to separate from such.

But god was around back then!!!! How is it strange for people to hold you accountble for the person you are voluntarily worshipping.......

Wow!!! You are going after God or you are going after His People???

I ask this because of your OP on page 1 of this thread.

But back to the point. How can you say some one who.....

For those of you who do not know..and is not taught much to Believers today..God is Sovereign...

The counterfeit today is God is Love. A big difference.

You and others are once again trying to argue a counterfeit position. And also a counterfeit position often done by so called Christian Ministers themselves.

God is Holy and Sovereign to the Believer. Not That God is Love. You have it backwards again and of the flesh.
For God loves those who are His. But number one is that God is Holy and Sovereign to the Believer.

God is first Holy and Sovereign.

Remember this one ..."As to me and my house ..we will serve the Lord." Remember that. That is an example of God's Sovereignty and Holiness.

How did you get it backwards ...and who and what lead you down this backwards substitution path.??? Unto a counterfeit position. Give me the name of the counterfeiter please??? By name!!

You are substituting ...just as did the President the other day.

No problem. I merely point it out and ask the question which naturally follows your posting.

Thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join