It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Love... Except when he's committing genocide...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Paul met Jesus the same way I did. You do not have to have lived when Jesus did to literally meet HIM. HE is alive and not dead.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

I saw heaven... I did not see God, but I felt the sheer power of HIM such that I could not stand. I fell on my face in worship of HIM and was encompassed by such peace and love that I never wanted to move, never wanted to stop worshiping HIM... I could have stayed just like that for all of eternity and had everything I ever wanted.. I never wanted to leave..I cannot describe it..

That said, the fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom.

This is also true.. it is one thing to know on an intellectual basis the power of God, the ability God has to stay a thing or to allow a thing to happen, it is quite another to truly know.. to know without doubt.. to truly understand to the depths of your being..

When I fully realized God.. I was truly afraid.. cannot much explain that either.. but I was literally shaking and scared when I came to the full realization of God. God gave me HIS Holy Spirit after that, and this is what put an end to my absolute fear..

but fear is truly the beginning of wisdom. How can you fully understand such a power without knowing fear.. because then, you have just truly realized self in relation to it as well as realized God.
edit on 1-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Acts 15 is. About circumsistion???

No, Acts 15 is the first Jerusalem Council called to address the heresy by some Judaizers that Gentile Christians were bound to follow the Mosaic Law. And all the apostles were present for it, even Paul. He was accounted as one of them by the rest of them.

But he still never met Jesus right??

That explaines why I googled "acts 15" summary" and got circumsistion debate.

Do you even remember what you asked?

Off topic but how can anyone buy into ANY of Paul's teachings when he never even met Jesus

Acts 15 shows you that the disciples of Jesus and His half-brother James accounted Paul as a fellow apostle. Peter says the same thing in 2 Peter 3:15-16. And 2 Peter is an epistle directly about false teachers, you would think that if Peter and the other apostles were to call Paul a false teacher then 2 Peter would have been the perfect place to do it!! lol

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

So I showed how love is really just a chemical reaction.

You showed?

You have it backwards

I guess seeing things backwards blinds me from your showing anything other than posting that drugs effect your brain like love does.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Acts 15 is. About circumsistion???

No, Acts 15 is the first Jerusalem Council called to address the heresy by some Judaizers that Gentile Christians were bound to follow the Mosaic Law. And all the apostles were present for it, even Paul. He was accounted as one of them by the rest of them.

But he still never met Jesus right??

That explaines why I googled "acts 15" summary" and got circumsistion debate.

Do you even remember what you asked?

Off topic but how can anyone buy into ANY of Paul's teachings when he never even met Jesus

Acts 15 shows you that the disciples of Jesus and His half-brother James accounted Paul as a fellow apostle. Peter says the same thing in 2 Peter 3:15-16. And 2 Peter is an epistle directly about false teachers, you would think that if Peter and the other apostles were to call Paul a false teacher then 2 Peter would have been the perfect place to do it!! lol

I wasn't being sarcastic. It was an ahh moment. Lol.

Still think it's crazy to have (isn't Paul the largest single author of the NT?) to have a large chunk of Christianity written by a guy who never even met Jesus... That explains where you get all the "Paul was a creation of Rome" conspiracies.

He went the Joseph smith route.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Paul met Jesus the same way I did. You do not have to have lived when Jesus did to literally meet HIM. HE is alive and not dead.

So I guess your as much of an apostle as Paul is. Since y'all both had the exact same divine experience... You both heard voices, saw visions in your head...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

You showed?

You have it backwards

I guess seeing things backwards blinds me from your showing anything other than posting that drugs effect your brain like love does.

A drug causes more love then the natural world can. On MDMA you feel the strongest love you'll ever feel, just doesn't last as long as people love. Still a replicate able chemical reaction tho.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

OB,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You wrote, "How can you fully understand such a power without knowing fear...".

My answer is, I believe it's possible that each of us can have a God experience in very personal but perhaps different ways. Our experiences don't have to cause fear.

A God experience can, for example, cause *awe*, such as what one might feel after a miraculous healing.

Or a God experience can also cause a very deep sense of overwhelming bliss, just from feeling surrounded by Divine Love. Gratitude also comes to mind.

Blessings, and tat tvam asi!

edit on 2-2-2015 by FathersGrace because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

The dictionary defines wisdom as “the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting.” www.thefreedictionary.com...

This is a theme that is recurring throughout the Bible. Knowledge, on the other hand, is defined as having information through experience, reasoning or acquaintance. God wants us to have knowledge of Him but equally important is having wisdom.

Wisdom is a gift from God. James 1:5 states “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” Wisdom is what God will bless us with in order for us to glorify Him with the knowledge we have of Him.

The Psalms states "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"

I do agree that not everyone has that fear of the Lord yet when we fear the Lord, which is the most basic form of knowledge, God then begins to provide us with wisdom through Jesus, whom the Bible says is wisdom itself. “But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Why would he give to some fear of HIM?

Because HE sets before us an awesome responsibility, to show to others HIS Word. In order to properly do that, we must have some measure of fear.. it is not to live in fear, for the Holy Spirit takes away the worst of it and blesses us immensely with HIS Love, but a measure of fear must stay or else we will not be as careful with the tasks given to us as will be required in order to show Jesus to the lost and instruct in righteousness.

We are taught to work out our own salvation in fear and trembling.. what is set before us requires some measure of fear. Without it, we can easily become lost, bending every which way the wind blows us. God wants HIS own strong - not weak, and strength in the face of the winds of this world, is often found through fear of HIM.

Fear not the one who can destroy the body, but fear HIM who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

God showed me HIS love and perfect peace first, then HE showed me fear of HIM, then HE calmed my fears... there is a reason the order went like that, I am sure.

edit on 2-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I don't believe a person has to be called as an apostle just because God revealed HIMSELF to that person. God reveals HIMSELF to many people.. I am not alone.
edit on 2-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

To me, this is the key to understanding the Bible.
Anytime God ordered the complete annihilation of a people they were not pure descendants of Adam. It has been satans goal all along to alter His creation.
The ones on the Ark were the last pure humans.

Notice it says 'and also after that'.

The promised land was occupied by hybrids, that is the reason for their complete annihilation.

It is satans plan for the final battle as well, he has a 2/3 disadvantage in numbers, he needs to even the odds.
Not that that will help, created trying to kill the Creator.

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The days of Noah were ruled by satanic hybrids, and is predicted to be the same way when He returns.
I believe this is in progress now.

I know this is scoffed at and ridiculed by most these days, truth often is. Take it for what its worth, it was just my answer to the OP's question.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I don't believe a person has to be called as an apostle just because God revealed HIMSELF to that person. God reveals HIMSELF to many people.. I am not alone.

Either that or a lot of people hear voices lol

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

To me, this is the key to understanding the Bible.
Anytime God ordered the complete annihilation of a people they were not pure descendants of Adam. It has been satans goal all along to alter His creation.
The ones on the Ark were the last pure humans.

Notice it says 'and also after that'.

The promised land was occupied by hybrids, that is the reason for their complete annihilation.

It is satans plan for the final battle as well, he has a 2/3 disadvantage in numbers, he needs to even the odds.
Not that that will help, created trying to kill the Creator.

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The days of Noah were ruled by satanic hybrids, and is predicted to be the same way when He returns.
I believe this is in progress now.

I know this is scoffed at and ridiculed by most these days, truth often is. Take it for what its worth, it was just my answer to the OP's question.

Truth isn't often scoffed at. It's rarely scoffed at. Your just not looking at the trillions of times people say things or scoffing to be on the table.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You showed?

You have it backwards

A drug causes more love then the natural world can. On MDMA you feel the strongest love you'll ever feel, just doesn't last as long as people love. Still a replicate able chemical reaction tho.

No I don't or didn't feel the strongest love I will ever experience not in my experience so far, but that is against T&C to discuss and really something I wouldn't want to discuss with some random person on the net. The strongest Love I have felt was towards its a close tie between a pet and a women I once knew.

You want take a scientific stance where as I am talking metaphysically, yes the chemicals do react when the feelings of happiness and love come about but before they do there are actions and things happening around you that are triggers to these reactions that one can say is simply brain chemistry, before these reactions happen one already has love in them and is usually understood after the fact when reminiscing or searching deep in oneself to find a deeper understanding of why the love or happiness or hatred or anger had such a diverse effect on ones being.

Again once you experience a love that many speak of and maybe a many have experienced you will know or understand the difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You showed?

You have it backwards

No I don't or didn't feel the strongest love I will ever experience not in my experience so far, but that is against T&C to discuss and really something I wouldn't want to discuss with some random person on the net. The strongest Love I have felt was towards its a close tie between a pet and a women I once knew.

You want take a scientific stance where as I am talking metaphysically, yes the chemicals do react when the feelings of happiness and love come about but before they do there are actions and things happening around you that are triggers to these reactions that one can say is simply brain chemistry, before these reactions happen one already has love in them and is usually understood after the fact when reminiscing or searching deep in oneself to find a deeper understanding of why the love or happiness or hatred or anger had such a diverse effect on ones being.

Again once you experience a love that many speak of and maybe a many have experienced you will know or understand the difference.

I've experienced both kinds, I have an 11 year old daughter. I'm not saying I love MDMA more then my child. I'm saying that the chemical reaction is the same. If Love were some divinely inspired intangible thing that your body reacted to, then you couldn't recreate it pharmaceutically. Love is how we precieve the chemical reactions in our brain. Not the other way around.

Another example is when alpha waves (I think alpha) are beamed into the right section of the brain. People have religious experiences. Nuns included.

If the Christian god was needed for religious experiences, then science couldn't replicate it.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I think it's a wonderful thing that you've had a God experience which you've shared with the people on this forum. This sacred experience is indeed truly a blessing for you, and I am very happy for you. I can tell by the sound of your posts that you've been deeply moved by your experience(s), and your enthusiasm for what you've learned is palpable.

May I just offer a bit of friendly caution, however? It's one thing to share your experiences; it is quite another thing to speak as though your understanding of God is the only correct one to be held.

If you haven't done so - and it appears to me as though you might not have - may I suggest you spend some time researching the history of human sages, seers and prophets throughout the ages? I think you might enjoy this, and it might be an expansive exercise.

Wisdom and God knowledge have come from many sources and vastly differing cultures throughout mankind's history. You may find it enlightening and enjoyable.

In Kindness, Peace and Love.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Correct, the office of apostle is a gift of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Still think it's crazy to have (isn't Paul the largest single author of the NT?) to have a large chunk of Christianity written by a guy who never even met Jesus... That explains where you get all the "Paul was a creation of Rome" conspiracies.

I guess you missed my point... twice.

The book of 2 Peter is about false teachers. Instead of using that topic to label Paul a false teacher, Peter affirms him as a fellow brother in Christ, and calls his epistles "scripture". And in Acts 15, there is the first Jerusalem Council, with all apostles gathered. They all count Paul as a fellow apostle.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I guess you missed my point... twice.

The book of 2 Peter is about false teachers. Instead of using that topic to label Paul a false teacher, Peter affirms him as a fellow brother in Christ, and calls his epistles "scripture". And in Acts 15, there is the first Jerusalem Council, with all apostles gathered. They all count Paul as a fellow apostle.

I get your point.. People who did know Jesus validated him... Unless of course the Romans added Paul later.... Aka Paul being a creation of Rome conspiracy theory

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Rome was trying to murder Christians, not help them get a religion started. Nero especially hated the apostles because Paul had converted some in his household. He had Paul and Peter executed in Rome. The Romans didn't even make Christianity the state religion until the 4th century when Theodosius II was the emperor.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join