It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Love... Except when he's committing genocide...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What are you guys even arguing about?

God loves economy & winners. End of story.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
What are you guys even arguing about?

God loves economy & winners. End of story.

God will set us free from the image of the beast and it's system. There is no money in Heaven. Mammon is against God. And the love of money is the root of all evil.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Just seems completely illogical to me when considering his actions.

God acts?

To me God entails everything, you know the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.

There is no Christianity or Islam or Judaism there is only God and everything our minds can conceive is just a speck of sand in a desert where God walks.

I don't think God walks I was just trying to get my point across how clueless we are when we try to understand everything and eternity when all we can do is simply experience the moments we have.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

And the love of money is the root of all evil.

so then my idea of good and evil are not as strange as you say in other thread.

Love comes from within just as much as hate and fear do.

So material things become good or evil depending on our feelings and uses of them.

Unless you think Love comes from an external source of ourselves.

You cant come back and say God is external and that is where love comes from unless you want change your location.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: arpgme

And the love of money is the root of all evil.

so then my idea of good and evil are not as strange as you say in other thread.

Love comes from within just as much as hate and fear do.

So material things become good or evil depending on our feelings and uses of them.

You cant come back and say God is external and that is where love comes from unless you want change your location.

Unless love is a measurable chemical reaction in the human brain...... (It is)

In fact anyone who has ever done real MDMA will back this up. It's love in a pill. You could meet your arch enemy while rolling and you'll offer him a back rub and be friends forever.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Love is this: to do unto others as you would have them do to you. This is just another way to say that love is compassion. Love comes from The Holy Spirit within us but some choose not to let their Light so shine to glorify God through The Holy Spirit within but choose the flesh (lack of Love/Spirit) instead.

So yes, Love is within and The Law, "Love thy neighbour as thyself" is written in our heart.

Money is a system used to enslave the planet, even land has a price tag where humand once lived for free. Tribes in Amazon are being thrown out of nature where many of their generations lived for free and forced to serve money, so my dislike of money comes from me obeying God's Love to love my Neighbour.

I

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There are some very ridiculous arguments made here by non believers and what is also astonishing is that the Believers fall right into the ridiculousness and the non believers set the hook on them and reel the Believers in. Astonishing.

From the OP....textbook of human logic and reasoning.

[quote\]But back to the point. How can you say some one who.....

Ordered the genocide of the philistines

Caused the flood killing all but one family

Sends all unbelievers to burn in hell

Tortured job over a bet with the devil

Ordered a father to murder his son

Really the list goes on and on, so how can you call that guy LOVE incarnate??

From Mignight sun on page 1 of this thread...astonishing!!

I, in my personal opinion, would not call the god of the OT the ONE True GOD, 'that' is a demiurge; an imposter who is desperate to be worshiped for whatever reason. And they dwell in low vibration and 'incite' low vibration in others; not the part of/GOD that springs to mind when I think about it, but then I never actually 'bought' that book, that B.S. was too much to swallow.

For those schooled in the Occult Religions and their patterns this is also textbook. What most do not know is that in todays education ..it is Occult religion of exactly the pattern shown by Midnight sun here in that quote above.
What they are teaching when they go to religion is called "The Good God." The Good God is not the god of the Olde or New Testament but the god and religion in which all men can agree. The god who would allow men to be their natural goodness selves..by logic and by reason.

When you examine the postings of many on threads like this it is exactly what they are promoting while trying to destroy the God of the Olde and New Testaments.

Here is what is missing even from many of the Believers...

Biblical Love is obedience to God..not to man's logic and reason...not to men's feelings and sentiments. But to God and His Word.

Biblical Love is not what most men think or take for granted or try to default through.

Once you know this you can look at many of the posts..even by Believers with Light verses light.

Remember ..even the Occult religions have light...but it is a counterfeit light.

About Slavery....

Slavery is a foolish argument based on the blame game and guilt manipulations so popular today among people who have not taught themselves to think a thing through...or see what others are trying to do by the blame game.

It is foolishness.

Slavery happens because of economic conditions. Economic conditions are very different today..and do not lend themselves well to slavery. SO many people today could not afford slavery because of the maintenance costs of keeping a slave or slaves.

Only public education and a constant barrage of guilt conditioning can dumb people down so far that they do not recognize this about history. Machines have changed so much ..it is not worth ones time to keep slaves today with costs.
Machines are much more efficient than slaves. Places and nations'/peoples keeping slaves are in areas and economies which are very inefficient.

Do not ever let people on here or anywhere else...try to dumb you down with guilt by using the slavery tactic. It is textbook of what tries to pass for intelligence, logic, and reason.

It is just another form of guilt manipulations and guilt programming of the same ilk as is done on the subject of race...and other popular topics to censor competition of thought.

Let me show you people something about genocide ..killing etc etc. You do not have to go back to Olde Testament times to see it happening. It is happening right here today.. .in the last 100 years. Since we have been so dumbed down by lack of knowledge few people today recognize it in the context of the blame game being played upon us.

Democide...death by ones own government.

en.wikipedia.org...

Watch what is quoted from this article...

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

No matter how you try to cut it ..that is a lot of people killed. But pseudo intelligences on boards like this totally avoid this line of thinking and knowledge and try to put everyone back in a time warp..into the Olde Testament and then play the blame game ..the guilt programming game. It does not make good nonsense once you know.

But furthermore ..remember...the last 100 years is the time of educated men ..wise men..men of reason and logic running things. It should be better...than the OLde Testament...but is it?? Not at all. It is a repetition of the same olde thing...if not worse.

My point is to be very careful when people try to set the hook on todays blame game and guilt programming. They are following exactly the same template as todays leadership and politicians in their blame game. Once you know...you realize they are all out of the same blame game school..the same religion..the same counterfeiter...the same god.
All while claiming they are of logic and reason.

And it all looks good unless you know how to put Light on it..Light ..not light.

my .02,

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

Biblical Love is obedience to God..not to man's logic and reason...not to men's feelings and sentiments. But to God and His Word.

Biblical Love is not what most men think or take for granted or try to default through.

So for this true Scotsman the very best thing you can do, is to stop thinking and just obey........'biblical love'.....like some kind of mindless drone...or slave even...

About Slavery....

Slavery is a foolish argument based on the blame game and guilt manipulations so popular today among people who have not taught themselves to think a thing through...or see what others are trying to do by the blame game.

It is foolishness.

Slavery happens because of economic conditions. Economic conditions are very different today..and do not lend themselves well to slavery. SO many people today could not afford slavery because of the maintenance costs of keeping a slave or slaves.

Only public education and a constant barrage of guilt conditioning can dumb people down so far that they do not recognize this about history. Machines have changed so much ..it is not worth ones time to keep slaves today with costs.
Machines are much more efficient than slaves. Places and nations'/peoples keeping slaves are in areas and economies which are very inefficient.

The god of the bible actively promotes the owning and selling of human beings as property, it was immoral 2000 years ago when jesus failed to abolish it and it's immoral today. Some Christians in 2015 still attempt to excuse this shameful practice........and yes if you promote or excuse slavery, you should feel guilty.

Do not ever let people on here or anywhere else...try to dumb you down with guilt by using the slavery tactic. It is textbook of what tries to pass for intelligence, logic, and reason.

It is just another form of guilt manipulations and guilt programming of the same ilk as is done on the subject of race...and other popular topics to censor competition of thought.

'Censor competition of thought'......isnt that just like 'biblical love'?

The bible has a lot to answer for in regards to race, sex and sexuality. Some Christians attempt to come to terms with this, others (such as yourself) attempt to excuse it.

Let me show you people something about genocide ..killing etc etc. You do not have to go back to Olde Testament times to see it happening. It is happening right here today.. .in the last 100 years.

Yes people do horrible things, but none of them claim to be a god, an all powerful all knowing god that apparently loves everyone. Such a being would have a higher level of responsibility than a group of short haired ape and could never be described as the source of all love and morality.

But furthermore ..remember...the last 100 years is the time of educated men ..wise men..men of reason and logic running things. It should be better...than the OLde Testament...but is it?? Not at all. It is a repetition of the same olde thing...if not worse.

No it's really not the same, or even similar, but it would be if we allowed people like you to keep us suppressed and in the dark ages with 'biblical love'....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

If slavery is an economic issue, then why were there slaves before there was money?!?!

You do realize there have been multiple societies that didn't have money or an economy at all, but they still kept slaves....

Slavery is the second oldest profession. Predating any sense of monetary value.... Lol just lol.

Not everything is fixed with capitalism and the government doesn't make everything worse. Modern society has improved every aspect of life. There were no good ole days.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

So for this true Scotsman the very best thing you can do, is to stop thinking and just obey........'biblical love'.....like some kind of mindless drone...or slave even...

About Slavery....

It is foolishness.

The god of the bible actively promotes the owning and selling of human beings as property, it was immoral 2000 years ago when jesus failed to abolish it and it's immoral today. Some Christians in 2015 still attempt to excuse this shameful practice........and yes if you promote or excuse slavery, you should feel guilty.

The bible has a lot to answer for in regards to race, sex and sexuality. Some Christians attempt to come to terms with this, others (such as yourself) attempt to excuse it.

Let me show you people something about genocide ..killing etc etc. You do not have to go back to Olde Testament times to see it happening. It is happening right here today.. .in the last 100 years.

Yes people do horrible things, but none of them claim to be a god, an all powerful all knowing god that apparently loves everyone. Such a being would have a higher level of responsibility than a group of short haired ape and could never be described as the source of all love and morality.

No it's really not the same, or even similar, but it would be if we allowed people like you to keep us suppressed and in the dark ages with 'biblical love'....

The funniest part is homie saying things were better in the OT times..... Totally laughable!!

Rampant slavery, horrible treatment of women, genocide every other week, zero medical treatment that worked, far more radicalized religious fanatics, NO INTER WEB (no ATS :p), zero understanding of the universe.... I could literally go on forever....

There were no good ole days...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Goodness me Prezbo...this is right pitiful of you. No problem though..just pitiful.

I did not say stop thinking. From whence do you get that tack. The Word says let us reason together. It does not say let us emote together. It does not say be a mindless drone as well. Reasoning is not being a mindless drone.

A mindless drone is what I detect in a lot of people today when you ask them a moral or ethical question and they quote some movie or television program they have watched. I am often confounded by this ...stunned to realize they have television and movie toughts ..television and movie emotions..not even their own. What is also scary is that many of these people are voters. Get the picture about drones out here?? A public education today has become a movie and television education.

Wow...you should read some history ..of other nations and other religions as well.

You should also be able to reason ...to yourself and others that Christians today are not responsible for this ..today or yesterday. They have never owned a slave. You have to be educated to try this tack on others and counting on guilt conditioning and guilt programming to pull this one off. ....ie... a public education in emotions.

This does not work on me. I can think it through.

Youa are taking the same tack that much of todays phony leadership do on Race and other issues. Also sometimes known as "The time warp " technique. Stick someone back in a time warp somewhere and then hold them accountable for what happened way back.

Only public education can dumb someone down with what you are attempting to do here.

But the truth of the matter is that many of the Believers on here are so dumb they bite the hook and let you reel them in.
And it ought not to be this way but it is. Astonishing but true. Politicians do the same thing today to get votes...or silence any competition....censorship.

It just doesn't work on me ...I read history when I can find it.

You cannot be serious here?? Is this what your pubic education/logic and reason tell you?? It is obvious that you are using the "world template here." No problem by me. I merely make note of it.

Race..you mean running a race or winning a race??

As to sex and sexuality...Wow!! Again you cannot be serious here.

I can tell you one thing that you do not find in the Word. There is no such instruction to define who and what you are by sex and sexuality. Believers define themselves by the God who lives in them daily.

I know this about sex and sexuality because the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this very thing...particularly around their festivals and holydays. This pattern was rejected by the God of the Bible.
The God of the Bible did not say that people do not have sex or sexuality..but not to so define themselves.

What god are you attempting to define here by sex, sexuality, and race?? For you see..these are all things of the flesh..not of the Spirit. What spirit is it of which you are speaking?? By name please??

Goodness me..."Loves everyone???" Wow..from whence did you get that?? You have bought into a counterfeit position here!! You realize this correct?? I don't think you are even aware of this. Don't take offense here...because I have seen and heard so called Christian Ministers teaching the same pablum.

Somewhere in the New Testament it states...Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated..even before they were born..neither having done any good or evil...that the purpose of God according to election might stand.

This passage is a proof that God does not love everyone. What are you thinking here??

Hmmm..let me find the number of that passage..

From Romans chapter 9 verses 10 through 13. What are you thinking here...what you are posting is a counterfeit of what is in the Word. I suspect you have so often been able to pass this off to even Believers without many of them even catching it. You got caught this time.
By the way..it ought not to be this way ..but there are Believers out here who just don't know and it ought not be this way but it is. I do believe some of their ministers set them up to not know. You guys must really run them around in circles and set the hook and reel them in.

Oh good grief..this isn't even good plea bargaining. You don't need me to suppress you or anyone else. You are doing a good job of suppression yourself and reeling in Believers who just don't know enough to catch you in the act. Bon appetit!!

Another 50 years of "Democide" and we will be back to the dark ages. And it is coming. Make no mistake.

In my life I try not to bother anyone or be bothered. From time to time when I get tired of such pablum as you are wnt to put on here..I feel like responding. No problem.

I don't bother working to convert or educate in such boards but often post for the Believers...perhapsed some of them can wake up..but I don't put much stock in it.with what often passes for ministers today. They are full of sugar and not Salt.
We are the Salt of the earth not the sugar.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

edit on 31-1-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The funniest part is homie saying things were better in the OT times..... Totally laughable!!

Rampant slavery, horrible treatment of women, genocide every other week, zero medical treatment that worked, far more radicalized religious fanatics, NO INTER WEB (no ATS :p), zero understanding of the universe.... I could literally go on forever....

You must be talking about someone else. I don't recall stating it was such a great time in the Olde Testament. My read of it is that other than constant hard labor to stay alive was also trying to keep your head on your shoulders.

I'm not trying to bring those times back..but someone in the news today is?? Are you getting on them about it??

You might want to re read your quote above in lieu of recent events in the news..instead of such cheap time warp techniques..ie...public education thoughts and political beliefs....ie...PC.....being standardized today.

You can translate that as todays political censorship of thought.

Someone out here is trying to bring back the good olde days..but it is not me. You too are going to need some practice with your time warp and guilt techniques. You need to try it on the ones today trying it..including our PC leadership.

By the way....about two hours ago..I stepped out of a nuclear reactor where we are getting ready to pull the spent fuel cells.

And I am not that interested in the universe because I wont get there in my lifetime nor make changes to get there. Nor will you...but it looks intelligent on boards like this one to people who cannot think through it.
And if I want to know more about the Universe..I go to the NASA people who live in this neighborhood...and work at the NASA Langley Research center. But I am not that interested for the above reasons. There are lots of moon rocks to be found in this city and are on public display.

But thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

If slavery is an economic issue, then why were there slaves before there was money?!?!

You do realize there have been multiple societies that didn't have money or an economy at all, but they still kept slaves....

Slavery is the second oldest profession. Predating any sense of monetary value.... Lol just lol.

Not everything is fixed with capitalism and the government doesn't make everything worse. Modern society has improved every aspect of life. There were no good ole days.

Apparently I missed this post of yours and will reply slightly out of order. My apologies for missing it.

Ok....wow!!

You cannot be serious about this post...????

You seem to have totally missed the context of my post and instead trying to slip in your time warp context. NO problem by me.

I stated that todays economics does not lend itself to slavery of the type done years ago..because of the maintenance problems with slaves. Machines are much more efficient than slavery.

The issue today is how to service and keep replenished ..the machines. Understand now??

I can go around a long time on the issue of money and economics...even in yesteryears. It did not take people long to figure out money..or whatever was most swappable became money. They did not need a government expert to define it for them. People are quite capable of figuring this out for themselves.

This is like really base....not worthy of the topic line here , nor of your efforts.

You mean people back then were so dumb they did not figure out to trade or barter slaves??? What are you thinking??
Money is just more of a standardized form of barter. People exchanged money instead of property provided whatever you are using as money is recognized as a storehouse of value. People use the standardized money or storehouse of value to get property.
No expert needed here.

I don't think so. It is quite obvious to thinking people that there was a sense of monetary value with the Oldest Profession ....unless you went to public school and believed much of the pablum you were spoon-fed and someone set the hook in you...and reeled you in.

LOL LOL LOL...Stop..Please Stop...

Modern Society has improved every aspect of life in spite of government. Particularly if you two are an example of todays improvement...and light.

And I am not arguing for good olde days. I am showing Light..not light.

You two need some serious practice. Wow!!

No problem. Have at it.

Bon Appetit!!

Thanks for your post/posts,
Orangetom

edit on 31-1-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Goodness me Prezbo...this is right pitiful of you. No problem though..just pitiful.

Methinks I hit a nerve...

I did not say stop thinking. From whence do you get that tack. The Word says let us reason together. It does not say let us emote together. It does not say be a mindless drone as well. Reasoning is not being a mindless drone.

No you said:

"Biblical Love is obedience to God..not to man's logic and reason...not to men's feelings and sentiments. But to God and His Word."

So logic and reason are thrown out of the window and replaced with a vague 2000 year old book of stories about stories, and all of a sudden you want to reason? hmm. You should get you're beliefs and superstitions straight before attempting to argue their veracity.

Wow...you should read some history ..of other nations and other religions as well.

We're talking about your god, not other countries or religions, anyone would think you're attempting to deflect or smokescreen your way of of a tight spot here....lol

ou should also be able to reason ...to yourself and others that Christians today are not responsible for this ..today or yesterday. They have never owned a slave. You have to be educated to try this tack on others and counting on guilt conditioning and guilt programming to pull this one off. ....ie... a public education in emotions.

I've not blamed you nor any christians for anything (other than maybe naivety) so please keep your strawman, however you seem to be itching to play the victim here, that is par for the course though....

You are taking the same tack that much of todays phony leadership do on Race and other issues. Also sometimes known as "The time warp " technique. Stick someone back in a time warp somewhere and then hold them accountable for what happened way back.

Only public education can dumb someone down with what you are attempting to do here.

I think only home school education would lead someone to make the ridiculous leaps you make, and the irrational hatred of anything governmental. And oh yeah, more playing the victim.

But the truth of the matter is that many of the Believers on here are so dumb they bite the hook and let you reel them in.

But not you! you're obviously one of the smart ones that has gotten it right! right?

And it ought not to be this way but it is. Astonishing but true. Politicians do the same thing today to get votes...or silence any competition....censorship.

More anti government political BS that has no place here. I bet you also deny climate change and evolution right?

No you're cut from a different cloth alright...

You cannot be serious here?? Is this what your pubic education/logic and reason tell you?? It is obvious that you are using the "world template here." No problem by me. I merely make note of it.

I can tell you one thing that you do not find in the Word. There is no such instruction to define who and what you are by sex and sexuality. Believers define themselves by the God who lives in them daily.

I know this about sex and sexuality because the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this very thing...particularly around their festivals and holydays. This pattern was rejected by the God of the Bible.
The God of the Bible did not say that people do not have sex or sexuality..but not to so define themselves.

You're either playing ignorant here, or you truly are unaware of the detrimental influences your collection of superstitions has had on gay people, people of different race/color and females over the past 2000 years, but i'm inclined to think it's the latter...

What god are you attempting to define here by sex, sexuality, and race?? For you see..these are all things of the flesh..not of the Spirit. What spirit is it of which you are speaking?? By name please??

I have no idea what your imagination has conjured up when you say 'spirit', so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Goodness me..."Loves everyone???" Wow..from whence did you get that?? You have bought into a counterfeit position here!! You realize this correct?? I don't think you are even aware of this. Don't take offense here...because I have seen and heard so called Christian Ministers teaching the same pablum.

I think your zealousness is leading you to post nonsense. Do you think about what you're posting before you type it out? or do you let 'biblical love' take the wheel?

Somewhere in the New Testament it states...Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated..even before they were born..neither having done any good or evil...that the purpose of God according to election might stand.

An apparent god that loves and hates, it's almost asthough it's just a mere human....

This passage is a proof that God does not love everyone. What are you thinking here??

There are plenty of passages that do claim the god character in the bible does claim to love everyone, and that's the problem when you have a vague collection of stories about stories from a menagerie of anonymous authors...

By the way..it ought not to be this way ..but there are Believers out here who just don't know and it ought not be this way but it is. I do believe some of their ministers set them up to not know. You guys must really run them around in circles and set the hook and reel them in.

But not you! not this true scotsman.....lol

Oh good grief..this isn't even good plea bargaining. You don't need me to suppress you or anyone else. You are doing a good job of suppression yourself and reeling in Believers who just don't know enough to catch you in the act. Bon appetit!!

Another 50 years of "Democide" and we will be back to the dark ages. And it is coming. Make no mistake.

Thanks Obama....right? you can't help yourself can you?

In my life I try not to bother anyone or be bothered. From time to time when I get tired of such pablum as you are wnt to put on here..I feel like responding. No problem.

I don't bother working to convert or educate in such boards but often post for the Believers...perhapsed some of them can wake up..but I don't put much stock in it.with what often passes for ministers today. They are full of sugar and not Salt.

Anyone that has to describe themselves as 'the Salt of the earth' is anything but. However salted fish were often kept in barrels.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Apparently I missed this post of yours and will reply slightly out of order. My apologies for missing it.

Ok....wow!!

You cannot be serious about this post...????

You seem to have totally missed the context of my post and instead trying to slip in your time warp context. NO problem by me.

I stated that todays economics does not lend itself to slavery of the type done years ago..because of the maintenance problems with slaves. Machines are much more efficient than slavery.

The issue today is how to service and keep replenished ..the machines. Understand now??

I can go around a long time on the issue of money and economics...even in yesteryears. It did not take people long to figure out money..or whatever was most swappable became money. They did not need a government expert to define it for them. People are quite capable of figuring this out for themselves.

This is like really base....not worthy of the topic line here , nor of your efforts.

You mean people back then were so dumb they did not figure out to trade or barter slaves??? What are you thinking??
Money is just more of a standardized form of barter. People exchanged money instead of property provided whatever you are using as money is recognized as a storehouse of value. People use the standardized money or storehouse of value to get property.
No expert needed here.

I don't think so. It is quite obvious to thinking people that there was a sense of monetary value with the Oldest Profession ....unless you went to public school and believed much of the pablum you were spoon-fed and someone set the hook in you...and reeled you in.

LOL LOL LOL...Stop..Please Stop...

Modern Society has improved every aspect of life in spite of government. Particularly if you two are an example of todays improvement...and light.

And I am not arguing for good olde days. I am showing Light..not light.

You two need some serious practice. Wow!!

No problem. Have at it.

Bon Appetit!!

Thanks for your post/posts,
Orangetom

Yea because governments haven't built every single piece of infer structure period. Every road, every light pole , every everything. Before governments there were no roads even!!

There is no society that has come anywhere near being modern without a government. There is no economy without roads !!!!

Please name one society that has been sucessful without a government???

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Methinks I hit a nerve...

No you said:

"Biblical Love is obedience to God..not to man's logic and reason...not to men's feelings and sentiments. But to God and His Word."

So logic and reason are thrown out of the window and replaced with a vague 2000 year old book of stories about stories, and all of a sudden you want to reason? hmm. You should get you're beliefs and superstitions straight before attempting to argue their veracity.

We're talking about your god, not other countries or religions, anyone would think you're attempting to deflect or smokescreen your way of of a tight spot here....lol

ou should also be able to reason ...to yourself and others that Christians today are not responsible for this ..today or yesterday. They have never owned a slave. You have to be educated to try this tack on others and counting on guilt conditioning and guilt programming to pull this one off. ....ie... a public education in emotions.

I've not blamed you nor any christians for anything (other than maybe naivety) so please keep your strawman, however you seem to be itching to play the victim here, that is par for the course though....

You are taking the same tack that much of todays phony leadership do on Race and other issues. Also sometimes known as "The time warp " technique. Stick someone back in a time warp somewhere and then hold them accountable for what happened way back.

I think only home school education would lead someone to make the ridiculous leaps you make, and the irrational hatred of anything governmental. And oh yeah, more playing the victim.

But not you! you're obviously one of the smart ones that has gotten it right! right?

More anti government political BS that has no place here. I bet you also deny climate change and evolution right?

No you're cut from a different cloth alright...

You're either playing ignorant here, or you truly are unaware of the detrimental influences your collection of superstitions has had on gay people, people of different race/color and females over the past 2000 years, but i'm inclined to think it's the latter...

I have no idea what your imagination has conjured up when you say 'spirit', so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think your zealousness is leading you to post nonsense. Do you think about what you're posting before you type it out? or do you let 'biblical love' take the wheel?

An apparent god that loves and hates, it's almost asthough it's just a mere human....

There are plenty of passages that do claim the god character in the bible does claim to love everyone, and that's the problem when you have a vague collection of stories about stories from a menagerie of anonymous authors...

But not you! not this true scotsman.....lol

Thanks Obama....right? you can't help yourself can you?

Anyone that has to describe themselves as 'the Salt of the earth' is anything but. However salted fish were often kept in barrels.

Let's not forget that Muslims are responsible for the actions of other Muslims but it is 100% fair for Christians to not be responsible for Christian actions of the past.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I've read all the posts in this thread. I am deeply saddened by most of the comments.

God is not a person. God is ***Spirit***. I cannot claim to know God personally, but I have accepted Jesus' word for it (John 4:24), that God is Spirit. Furthermore, this may come as a shock to many, but God is not "in" the mortal scene, which is the karmic level of human life, or the "reaping and sowing" level of mortal existence.

Those who claim to know God, making statements such as "God is This" or "God is That" are really using synonyms for God. Attributes of God. Yes, to answer the OP's original question, "God is Love", as in, Love is an attribute of God. But can anyone here actually claim to know God? Can anyone here actually claim to have seen God face to face? Where is your humility?

Honestly, all these arguments here about 'what God did' or 'what God failed to do' I find truly embarrassing. Do you really proclaim to have that knowledge? The arrogance!

Regarding the Old Testament of The Bible: It is an ancient collection of stories written over the millennium by many tribes. These stories were verbally passed down through many, many generations - long before there was the written word. In a wonderful way, The Old Testament is like a written record of the evolution of, and maturation of, mankind, a record of sorts, as we emerged from being "cave-dwellers" in effect, to forest dwellers, and finally to agrarian communities. We brought our ancient stories with us. But for Heaven's sake, you cannot, in this modern age, take every story in the Old Testament literally. These traditions bring us powerful messages as allegories, but not, in every case, as actual, detailed historical events, such as we're accustomed to reading in today's newspapers. The Old Testament should be looked upon in many ways as our treasured, human mythology, though I hasten to add that many stories told therein are based upon true facts. Can some common sense be used here without anyone screaming "Blasphemy"? Ah well, it's just MHO.

OP:

"IMHO it's really lazy and illogical thinking. [snip]

It's when they (boss/wife) don't even know what they want but are mad at you for not giving it to them.

"But back to the point. How can you say some one who.....

Ordered the genocide of the philistines

Caused the flood killing all but one family

Sends all unbelievers to burn in hell

Tortured job over a bet with the devil

Ordered a father to murder his son

Really the list goes on and on, so how can you call that guy LOVE incarnate?? " END QUOTE

God is not "a guy". Can we agree on that? The rest of the stories you refer to are allegories: They are merely meant to teach us spiritual lessons. They were told a long, LONG time ago, when teaching people to FEAR God seemed to be a reasonable alternative to keep the masses in line... Since they didn't understand the alternative, until Jesus came....

Blessings!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

The above comment was not a "reply" to Entreri06, as it appears. It's just that I'm a new member, and I do not yet know how to post a comment without hitting the "reply" key.

My apologies, Entreri06,... my comments were not directed at you, but to the Board in general.

Blessings to all!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

No worries, if you hit the reply button beside a person's post it will reply to that post, there is a general "reply" button at the top of the page, about 2 inched down, just under the thread title.

Scroll to the top and look right under the word "genocide" in the thread title.

edit on 31-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Thank you, my friend, and this time, I did intend to reply to you!

Blessings!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join