It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Love... Except when he's committing genocide...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

Oliver Cromwell tried different things in order to put together a just set of laws ..a just parliament.

Oliver Cromwell tried to make England a Puritan state.

Yes, Charles was remiss in asking for taxes at the time.

Yes, the CoE was 'in charge'. Charles was the one who dismissed Parliament (if I recall correctly) so that he could do as he chose (raise taxes and go to war).

Cromwell was pushing fundamentalist "Puritan" religious crap. His ideas were a bit *cough* much. They were completely anchored in the church - not in justice.

Don't you think?
Don't you agree?

Anyway, it's been a few years since I reviewed that story (my 13th grandmother lived through it), and it's time for me to log off. Have a good night. Thanks for the reminder to go back and check it out.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999
Entreri06

The bible says they were evil giant people. History says they were the Sumerians (I think, it's irrelevant to the point.). Some of the most advanced people on the planet at one time. So if they weren't evil giant people. Then in was genocide.

From KJV versions NUmbrers 13..

32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Cannibals....giant Cannibals.

Orangetom

Yea, but in real life history books they were just normal people. So that makes it an atrocity greater then anything hitler did to them.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

amazingly enough... most politicians are not only trained liars

but most also consider themselves to be Christian... at least on this side of the planet

LOL LOL LOL>..I am hard pressed to debate against your point about politicians being trained liars. But if so they cannot be Christians...as per the second part of your post. The two just will not fit together ..or flow together.

I can make the same point about most judges across this nation...and know why it is so.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

Then what your saying is there are literally no Christians in existance then..

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Perhaps 'worship' is simply a sign of being hopelessly lost and unable to understand what was going around on them.
And listening to 'cheifs' and 'shamans'.

Agree..I know exactly what you mean here. I have been listening for years to leadership talk about balancing a budget and have yet to see or hear of it being done. Nowdays ..they no longer even talk about it at all...but I remember these chiefs and shamans.

Good point your brought up here.

NOW (on the other hand) WE KNOW BETTER - and we are STILL MORAL ANIMALS. No God required. Instead: Humans learning, via science.

The Moral Animal

Then try Non-Zero (same author).

Then come back and tell me that we have to have God to be socially acceptable creatures.

Wow!! Let us look at the time of science...and what wise men have done in the last 100 years..

Democide..and moral men of wisdom, illumination, intelligence ..

en.wikipedia.org...

Down about two thirds of the way down this article you see this gem...by R J Rummel...

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

And here by you...

Too bad some bronze-aged poorly educated zealots want to destroy it all.
Oh well - if I see an atom bomb mushroom cloud, I'll run INTO it rather than live anymore with assholes all around me.

It is Highly educated zealots who used to talk about balancing a budget ..which never seem to happen.

It is also highly educated zealots who send our young men off to wars in which we never seem to bring back any spoils.

As to the atom bomb...no thanks. I am not into this kind of drama having stepped out of a nuclear reactor not two hours ago. Pressurized water reactor/PWR...type A2W.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Lol just lol....

So Christians aren't responsible for the atrocities committed using Christianity as justification, but atheists are...

Atheism isn't even a religion!!! Lol

There are THOUSANDS of examples of religious leaders killing whole civilizations. You have like 4 examples of athiest leaders doing the same....oh except nazi Germany were Christians!!! So you have 3.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
SMH, it's kind of bizarre how no one sees how in a human relationship, god would be the wife-beater, and the followers, the broken wife or battered kids. Step out of line, and he pounds you over it. Got an in-law that defies the wife-beater? Wife gets the business end of the fists. Townsfolk don't receive him the way he wants? Takes it out on the family. What bottom-feeder nonsense to uphold & idolize as "good".

The parallels are freaky-scary, Christianity teaches that inflicting severe punishment on all for the wrongs of the few is ok for a god. But if the god were a man, they'd want him drawn & quartered for the spousal/domestic abuse.

Excellent point!

"But he said he was sorry and killed his son for us!! This time I'm sure he means he won't hit us again."

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Entreri06

Of course Christians arnt responsible for the crusades or slavery exc, but there religion was used to justify them. This comes up when people try to attack Islam because of terrorists. It's to point out the hypocracy.

You cannot use Christianity to justify the crusades as I pointed out. For there is no such instruction to promote Christianity by the sword. It does not exist in New Testament instructions for conversion or the Church. And that is my point. Same thing applies for an Inquesition. But you and others with your sense of entitlement think this is the way to go.

The sad truth about it is that so many Christians today are so dirt dumb that they do not know enough history to counter the nonsense you are trying to default over on here. It ought not to be this way bit it is in fact true about

Any Church which tries to go this route ..and there have been many...has lost the candlestick and is in fact a counterfeit church.

Your position is one of using a counterfeit church to corral all Christians. You are doing exactly what you claim Christians are doing. And you can get away with it for the most part because of the ignorance of most Christians.
I just happen to know the history...and this about The Word.

Yet among many non believers....they try to use Rome to label all Christians out here today..and even yesterday. As if Rome is the automatic default setting for All of Christianity. It is not so.

As to Islam...for those who want to read what is in the Religion ...it is there ..to carry on by promoting the religion by the sword...even today. To convert others by the sword or put them to death. IN Roman Catholic terms this is in the form of a Papal Bull. IN Islam I believe it is often in the form of a Fatwa.

Now..not all Muslims believe or carry on this way...and one must be very careful in this understanding. But it is in the religion to promote and carry out the religion by the sword. You can also justify killing someone who converts from Islam. This is not so in Christianity.

And these Roman Catholic Papal Bulls are still in effect for those who want to carry them out. They have never been removed.
Most choose not to carry them out ..but I am aware that they are still there...hence events like the

Saint Bartholomews Day MAssacre.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Day_massacre

This is not justified in the New Testament. It is not an instruction for a Church to carry on this way but to separate from such.

But god was around back then!!!! How is it strange for people to hold you accountble for the person you are voluntarily worshipping.......

Wow!!! You are going after God or you are going after His People???

I ask this because of your OP on page 1 of this thread.

But back to the point. How can you say some one who.....

Ordered the genocide of the philistines

Caused the flood killing all but one family

Sends all unbelievers to burn in hell

Tortured job over a bet with the devil

Ordered a father to murder his son

Really the list goes on and on, so how can you call that guy LOVE incarnate??

For those of you who do not know..and is not taught much to Believers today..God is Sovereign...

The counterfeit today is God is Love. A big difference.

You and others are once again trying to argue a counterfeit position. And also a counterfeit position often done by so called Christian Ministers themselves.

God is Holy and Sovereign to the Believer. Not That God is Love. You have it backwards again and of the

You are substituting ...just as did the President the other day.

No problem. I merely point it out and ask the question which naturally follows your posting.

Thanks to all for their posts,

Orangetom

The OT counts. You can't disregard it's teachings because your personal flavor of Christianity rejects it. The OT says an eye for an eye, thou shalt not suffer a witch to live and countless other evil commandments.

I know you don't think it counts, because "Jesus changed all that". However history is full of people using the OT and NT as validation for atrocities. Example: slavery which even the NT is aces with.

Now I'm not saying modern Christians are responsible, just that Muslims aren't either.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes, Charles was remiss in asking for taxes at the time.

King Charlie wanted to raise a tax to fight a foreign war...Sound familiar?? The Magna Carta said only Parliament can levy a tax and Parliament refused to levy this tax wanted by Charlie. So Charlie levied his own tax under "Divine Right of Kings" or absolute power.
Parliament went one way and Charlie Went another way ..eventually the Civil War was on.

IT became an issue and a heated one between the King and Parliament and yes...the King did in fact dismiss and arrest members of Paraliment..but so too did Oliver Cromwell..when he tried later to put just men in office.

Cromwell's problem was that he was at heart a Royalist..he believed in the king and thought he could get good men into positions of leadership. He could not quite figure out the system...that he would get bad men..constantly ..no matter what their education levels.
The founders here in America figured it out by beginning from a realistic starting point..that one would only get bad people in office..and you wrote a charter to limit their badness. This is "Limited Government " of which the founders spoke. As a result people have liberty and freedom in their affairs.

Believe it or not there is such an thing as a good dictator. A good dictator takes all power unto themselves and then does not use it. What a good dictator also does..is not allow anyone else to use the power as well. That way the people must decide and act for themselves...they have liberty in their affairs.

Which of these systems does our government promote today..more government or less government..limited government or a government able to finance itself into every nook and cranny of our lives???

Cromwell was pushing fundamentalist "Puritan" religious crap. His ideas were a bit *cough* much. They were completely anchored in the church - not in justice.

Don't you think?
Don't you agree?

No I don't agree..Cromwell actually did not that much ruling as did kings like Charles 1st or Henry the VIII et al.

The problem historically with what you are posting is that after the Kings returned ...they went after the Christians and many fled to America.

It was not long after the 1700s that England discovered Gin..and this is recorded history..as to what happened to a people and a Parliament. The nation went on a national drunk....and into the dregs. The churches went down hill and the nation went on a national drunkn. This is recorded in the records of Parliament and history books and the laws they past reflected thus.
"Why worry about the common man anymore..he is dying of gin." was often the cry.

You have some knowledge of history and that is good..but you have a lot of it missing while trying to promote your points. You just don't take a big enough view of history.

Anyway, it's been a few years since I reviewed that story (my 13th grandmother lived through it), and it's time for me to log off. Have a good night. Thanks for the reminder to go back and check it out.

You are certainly welcome ...but take a bigger view of history and what happened in England after Cromwell Died. The nation began to rot from within. It is still rotting today. Someone wants us here in America to become more like England and or the Continentals...to rot also from within...from the flesh.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yea, but in real life history books they were just normal people. So that makes it an atrocity greater then anything hitler did to them.

Wow...your not well read about the nations which surrounded Ancient Israel..their customs and their religions ..are you??

You might want to start with a book titled "The Two Babylons" Circa 1912 about the nations around Ancient Israel..their religious customs...their holidays et al.

This book will also give one an education about the origins of many of today's holidays.

There are other books and writings but one must look outside most of what passes for history in "Public Schools." By this I mean the authorized sanitized versions of history with so much missing.

Try the Ancient Romans with their rites of Venus...et al..

One more thing..and I don't think you or many of the posters are well aware of this kind of propaganda or non thinking.

Adolph Hitler is used so often as a default setting in thinking to get people to not think but let a thing default through undebated and unquestioned/unchallenged. The epitome of evil in our time or anytime.

I don't think so.

There have been far worse killers and murderers out here and in our time..Mao for one..so too with the Red Communists in Soviet Russia.

When I deal with many atheists and non believers it becomes obvious that they have a standard issue history education..not all of them...but most. And they use the standard issue pablum to make their points as are you doing here.
They are counting on the concept that others do not know and are just as brainwashed in the standard Hitler default settings.

You see...when I hear our leadership invoking the name Hitler...I realize today ..that I am supposed to not think..but emote and automatically ..by default ..get on the bandwagon and stop all resistance..and thinking. For they invoked Adolph Hitler..did they not...what more can a person possibly say or think..the argument is settled ..is it not???

NO it is not. Hitler is not an automatic default setting for evil. There are others as well.

Try Pol Pot...Mao...and others. in the last 100 years.

Oh...and this needs some clarification...and thinking..

Greater than Hitler did to them way back in history ..back in the time of Sumer and other ancient historically recorded nations...Hitler did that to them????

You see your problem??? You need some practice here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Lol just lol....

So Christians aren't responsible for the atrocities committed using Christianity as justification, but atheists are...

Atheism isn't even a religion!!! Lol

There are THOUSANDS of examples of religious leaders killing whole civilizations. You have like 4 examples of athiest leaders doing the same....oh except nazi Germany were Christians!!! So you have 3.

You have some problems with standard issue thinking..which is the point I made in my previous post above this one.

You seem not to be able to grasp that the religion is not promoted by the Sword as is Islam..nor by Burning at the Stake as was the case with Roman Catholicism...even done by some in the Anglican Church and also some of the Lutherans In Germany.

Once a Church goes down this path..they are deviating from the Christian Instructions for a Church and have gone after other gods..as is recorded also in the Word..that Ancient Israel did this as well..went after other gods...another religion and another god. And what is obvious to those versed and trained in Occult religions...most people do not detect that this has happened...that a people and nation..particularly their leadership ..has gone after other gods...and told no one they had done this.

Atheism is not a religion???? Wow!! No god...no religion...NO not at all..just no Christianity...

The religion and devout zeal is towards logic and reason...and a flawed one at that.

There is a zeal ..a devout and zealous belief system behind Atheism and the anti God movements.
I will remind you that the Communists in Soviet Russia and Communist China are very anti God of any type and particularly Anti Christianity. They are Atheists..and have killed millions to promote their anti God religion.

The amazing thing to me is that our pubic education tries to totally avoid this world view and understanding. Devoutly and zealously.

Once you know this about our public education..and that they zealously and devoutly avoid this knowledge and understanding you can ask the name of the god of public education. It is not difficult. And then since public education is funded by our government...you now know the name of the god of our own government...while they claim neutrality.

I will also remind you of something historically...about the Olde Testament.

Once the Children of Israel had conquered the land given to them..they did not go out and conquer other lands but were themselves conquered several times ..mostly for disobedience to God's Word.

You do not find this concerning the nations surrounding Ancient Israel. For they conquered and enslaved many nations and peoples and this is often recorded in their stones and records of their kings which survive unto this day in museums.

www.bible-history.com...

The problem with the four examples you are want to post...Entreri06..is that they happened in the last 100 years..and they involved Millions and millions of people..in times of science ..logic and reason..not in times of deep religious beliefs..but among men who reject religion...except the religion of logic and reason/science.

That is the nature of your problem and many non believers and atheists...poor grasp of history.

You must have all these groups as Christian when they can be no such thing..simply because there Is no such instruction for a Church to conquer or spread the Christian religion by that means. It does not exist.

One of the facets of study gained by the student in learning of occult studies..is to learn to spot counterfeits...that which is not as advertised.

The sad truth is that many ministers today do not want their flocks to learn this knowledge. If they did they would understand how much of Chistianity is of unchristian origins..counterfeits.

Occult understanding is taught in the Bible is one knows where and how to look...and read.

Your position is one similar...you must needs promote and post an unchristian behavior as if it was Christian..it is no such thing.
Then you go on to pyramid this behavior through the time warp method to hold others accountable today for this history...just as did our President in the Prayer Breakfast. The blame game...sophism. Not!!!

It is noted here..No problem..I merely make note of it to the readers out here who can still see ...and think for themselves...and not through the Hitler Default propaganda techniques.

Hope this helps some of the readers out here.

Orangetom

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
SMH, it's kind of bizarre how no one sees how in a human relationship, god would be the wife-beater, and the followers, the broken wife or battered kids. Step out of line, and he pounds you over it. Got an in-law that defies the wife-beater? Wife gets the business end of the fists. Townsfolk don't receive him the way he wants? Takes it out on the family. What bottom-feeder nonsense to uphold & idolize as "good".

The parallels are freaky-scary, Christianity teaches that inflicting severe punishment on all for the wrongs of the few is ok for a god. But if the god were a man, they'd want him drawn & quartered for the spousal/domestic abuse.

Wow!!! "The War on Women."

I don't see that at all. I do see that today as well as in yesteryears the male died off at younger ages than did most women.
For in the physical world there is no more loss of power than loss of life.

It is never told in "Victimization Rants" like this one ...how much the males had to suffer and endure for families...back then and also today. This is avoided by default by todays "Victimization Politics" ...exactly the same pattern the President was pushing at the Prayer Breakfast so recently ..and illustrating my point.

This type of Victimization Politic/Religion...must have every male and this religion in particular pushing the wife beating position as well as the children beating position.

Interesting that it avoids other religions. Once again the absence of what is out there.

Victimization has been so badly overused it has become predictable ...since Phil Donahue made it a staple of the talk show/Television pimping circuit years ago. And the body politic/Zealous Religion seeking votes..did not miss out on this as a way of guaranteeing the womens vote...perpetual victims. Victims forever.

Wow!!

Orangetom

edit on 12-2-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If you had a plan to place your creation/family in utter safety, forever, for eternity without wars and violence and death and illness and hatred or sorrow or fear or envy or self loathing or pain and hurt

None of that, ever again. Would there be anything you wouldn't do to accomplish this and to be accounted as fully justified when you had accomplished it?

Especially when you had been accused of horrible crimes against people by mortals that couldn't contemplate your plans that on reflection were part of the plan by an enemy fighting to prevent your from fulfilling an everlasting peace, harmony and love for everyone of yr family/creation

Regards

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Wow.

I'm on my way to sleep for the night - but just wanted to let you know I saw this post of yours. I will re-read it tomorrow.
It's been some years since I immersed myself in that time period, and again: I need to review my notes.

I'll just say that toward the end of your post the bit about "rotting" is....well......I'll look at it all again tomorrow.

Good night.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Wow.

I'm on my way to sleep for the night - but just wanted to let you know I saw this post of yours. I will re-read it tomorrow.
It's been some years since I immersed myself in that time period, and again: I need to review my notes.

I'll just say that toward the end of your post the bit about "rotting" is....well......I'll look at it all again tomorrow.

Good night.

BuzzyWings,

I will admit that it has been some time since I too have read this about English History. When first I read of it I was quite shocked to learn of this facet of England when they discovered Gin. It is not much talked about in todays censored, cleaned up version of history. Further down the road in English History I was again stunned to learn the details of Arthur Balfour and the Balfour Declaration and how it was to effect history in the middle of the 20th century.

Lot of interesting things about English History which are not known even to Englishmen today. Same with American History and Ameicans. ...much of it is censored and re written....not taught.

Nonetheless..thanks for your reply.

I too must make haste here.
Orangetom

Adding this in edit function.

I am a great admirer of English history and how it pertains to us as Americans ..in Particularl the English Civil War...Marston Moore and Nasby Field ..the New Model Army. My short book on Oliver Cromwell which I keep here by my computer desk is titled

Oliver Cromwell by..Fredrick Harrison First edition 1888,

But I have no desire to become an Englishman or what has become of England today. I think another 50 years and the England most of us know today will be but a memory. I also think the plans for America are the same.
edit on 14-2-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
BuzzyWings and Entreri06,

Here is a free one for you two ..free..no cover charge..

Concerning how to spot a counterfeit...an occult practice..even if it is right out in the open ..and few notice it for what it is...

Years ago ..before my conversion...I was stunned to run across Atheists who celebrate Christmas. Now when I realized the full context of this history I was once again stunned. For it is Occult...hidden and concealed in a manner that very few today even realize it.

Now bottom line for me is that I don't care what holidays one celebrates or does with their monies. It is not for me to tell another what to do with monies they have earned. None of my business.

But I discovered when reading the Word...both Olde and New Testaments ....that there is no instruction for a Hebrew in the Olde Testament...nor a Believer in the New Testament ..to celebrate a birthday. It is not there. But it is found in the Pagan religions.

For you see the instruction for the Believer..daily ...is to hold all glory unto God...not unto the traditions of men.

And Birthdays of man made traditions are a day of self glorification.

But this line of thought is so carefully hidden and concealed from most people today..in lieu of store sales and self glorification.

I will not celebrate a birthday nor christmas..for I know the origins of this holiday and of birthdays. Nor easter...nor the solstices and or equinox...et al. I treat all days the same and unto Him.

For the important thing about Jesus the Christ for remission of sins..is for whom He died and shed His Blood...not his birthday. For in His death and shedding of His Blood..he was to usher in the New Testament...and save His people..of every kindred and tongue on this earth. And for a Testament to go into effect it requires the death of the Testator.

Once I knew this information's ..I looked carefully at many of todays Churches and realized that by the Occult traditions of men ..they have counterfeited. Another god and another christ.

One need not be smart or rocket material to piece this together.

And this is exactly what is taught to the studious reader in Alexander Hyslop's " The Two Babylons" concerning the origins of most of our holidays. People just don't know and don't do the research.

What this does to me is make a laughing stock out of the atheists attempts to stop the nativity scenes and other christmas doings going on around the country. The Atheists are trying to stop a counterfeit holiday rather than teach the truth. What a bunch of dummies.

But at the same time the Christians themselves ..don't have a clue and are trying to maintain a counterfeit tradition.

IF it were not so laughable it would be pitiful. God has to be having the last laugh and in disgust here.

The irony is perfect...for He has them both chasing their tails in this.

The so called Christians haven't a clue and want to continue this sham..believing it is the real thing...and the atheists believe it is the real thing..and not a counterfeit and want to stop it..everywhere they can.

The Atheists and Christians are both arguing a counterfeit position.

Once I realized the extend of this years and years ago...I gave it all up..cold turkey. No regrets.

But you guys do what you want with your time and monies...

This is just for your thinking apparatus...free...no cover charge.

There are very very few Churches out here who teach this line of thought and evidence...very very few..and I have attended services with several of them. They have liberty to teach and preach the whole council of God.

Here is another example of a counterfeit and is very telling to those who can think outside the box..

From the Chapter of John..Chapter 8 where the Pharisees brought before Jesus a woman caught in adultery..in the very act.

They want to ask Jesus about the charge of adultery and what he thought of it.

What the Pharisees were doing is claiming that they kept the Olde Testament precisely to the Law OF Moses.

But they caught a woman in adultery...in the very act..and brought her before Jesus for judgement.

You cannot catch a woman in adultery in the very act...and not catch a man. It is not possible.

The Law of Moses says that for adultery ...they both shall be stoned. But they brought only the woman. The law that the Pharisees were keeping stated that women get stoned for adultery and men do not. This was not the Law of Moses but another law and another god. Not of the Olde Testament and not the Law of Moses.

The Pharisees had counterfeited the Law of Moses and tried to conduct themselves as if they were keeping the Law of Moses in all parts. They had privily and secretly switched religions and switched gods. The Pharisees told no one they had done this...switch. This is why Jesus often told them they were of their father the devil...and were in like manner liars and deceivers.

You see how easy it is to hide a counterfeit in front of people and have them not know the difference??

The sad truth about this chapter in John is that many of todays ministers do not teach this about this passage and that it is an example of a counterfeit..an occult/hidden/concealed counterfeit right in front of most people and they don't see it and their ministers do not teach it for the Truth it is.

Hope this helps some of the readers out here...including both of you.

Free..no cover charge,

Orangetom

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I stopped celebrating birthdays around 16, out of pure instinct I guess. I can't remember the last time I willingly partook in a holiday of any nature. Though, I actively researched Wicca in the months leading up to my bar mitzvah, immediately after which I was allowed by my parents to forego all religious pursuits. I've always been completely selfless & despised the literal Pandoras Box around me. Thanks for this latest post, some good info.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I stopped celebrating birthdays around 16, out of pure instinct I guess. I can't remember the last time I willingly partook in a holiday of any nature. Though, I actively researched Wicca in the months leading up to my bar mitzvah, immediately after which I was allowed by my parents to forego all religious pursuits. I've always been completely selfless & despised the literal Pandoras Box around me. Thanks for this latest post, some good info.

Wow!! Good for you Eunuchorn. But that is your business and your decision. Your decision as a free person to spend your monies or not spend your monies...and your time is also you monies. You account to no one for your monies/time earned at your RISK taking.

I believe whole heartedly in Liberty and the freedom along with the responsibility to make ones own decisions.

As to being despised or despising in the Pandora's Box..as you phrase it...LOL LOL....fitting by the way. I have long since gotten over that kind of "Drama." I try to live my life wit as little drama as possible. If I want drama I turn on the television or go to work..plenty of drama in both places. Peace is the difficult commodity for me to find out here among the two legged wildlife.

But that is just my opinion..you certainly do not have to buy into that as a person of Liberty.

Nonetheless..it is gratifying to learn that there are people out here who get it.

Daykeeping is not a practice for which I feel I need to partake in order to be a human being or run a touchdown so to speak.

The worst ones for this mess are women. They feel the intense need to keep all these prettys..and holydays...one treadmill after another. And the stores are geared to women as they determine how the bulk of the monies in western nations are spent. It is one constant treadmill after another in the stores...Christmas, then MKL day..then valentines day...then birthdays forever and then something else..and something else ..then Halloween...ad nauseum and complete with a sale at the local stores.

And one is expected as a male to keep up...no matter what the RISK to one in keeping up. Hence the despising if not keeping up...trying out for approval.. and running this touchdown with them and for them.

I've had to straighten out several women of the knowledge I was not so ..in that manner ..expendable and disposable for such causes.

But at the same time ..and of more importance to me is that I found out that this was not Scriptural...both Olde and New Testaments.

I was stunned again to find out what was in the first few sentences of Jeremiah chapter 10. That too helped me to give it all up...cold turkey.

Thanks for your post. Glad to know others see and know it.

Orangetom

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

concerning the origins of most of our holidays. People just don't know and don't do the research.

Well. For your information - I DO, in fact, know - and HAVE done the research.

I don't recall if we've conversed before, but I will tell you right now that by addressing that post to me (and I won't speak for Entreri06) you have indicated you haven't the slightest idea to whom you are talking and have not done the 'research' to learn anything about me!

As for what you think is such a prime, "for free", generous and sublime gift of YOUR genius to we "uneducated nitwits" (as you see us) - all I can tell you is that I'm way ahead of you, and your arrogance is wondrously off-putting.

Sure, for many this 'announcement' might be news, and newly introduced members who were previously unaware of these issues might appreciate your 'free gift' - but next time, kindly leave off the "both of you."

You get that one for free, tom. I'm all out of patience for preachers, and I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life even responding to your insulting tone.

That is all.

edit on 2/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No problem BuzzyWings. No problem here.

You get that one for free, tom. I'm all out of patience for preachers, and I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life even responding to your insulting tone.

That is all.

Thanks for the free one Buzzy Wings. However ..unlike some in here I do not get that easily insulted. My skin is not that thin. I have learned over the years not to get insulted on ATS. Also to be long suffering..patient and put things a side often so as not to get insulted...and think a thing through.

But you do as you want. No cover charge....Free.

Oh...and glad you knew about the Holydays..and their origins...thanks for that one too.

Orangetom

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Also to be long suffering..patient and put things a side often so as not to get insulted...and think a thing through.

Long suffering? When MOST of your posts start with "Wow!" and end with "Wow!" and are peppered with the same words throughout - such as "astonishing" and "pablum."

Try a thesaurus if you want people to take your thoughts really seriously. For a 'philosopher' you certainly have a limited vocabulary.

As "long suffering" as you consider yourself to be, as "right" as you think you are - you are a condescending pseudo-intellectual yourself, and APPARENTLY believe that Noah, Adam, Eve, et al, as well as your personal rendition of "God" all actually exist(ed).

The God virus. Darrel W. Ray. Look it up.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Buzzy Wings,

Hey fellow..tighten up...

You are supposed to be winding me up and getting me to bounce off the wall and be insulted and offended ......not the other way around.

It is we Believers who are supposed to be weak and easily put on the string to emotionalism or at least silenced by doubt/censored.

Get it together fellow. What you are doing does not suit well for the intellectualism and illumination for which ATS is known.

I myself, do not care for emotionalism..or drama as I call it. Drama Queens...I can get that a plenty at work or on the tube.

Just a suggestion to help you out in your cause celeb.

Bon Appetit.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 20-2-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join