It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Climate change is real, man is contributing to it, and it’s time to do something about it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It literally boggles the mind how anyone thinks climate change is about science.

It's about politicians, never letting a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Jamie1
Use your eyes and brain.

Oh, I did. I looked up the scientist, Habibullo Abdussamatov, and read what people have to say about him and his climate denier theories. Here's just one link:

Climate Denial from Eight Years Ago

In reality, the headline should have read something like this “One solar physicist in Russia who is a member of a climate science denial organisation says we’re heading for global cooling but all the other people we spoke to say he’s dead wrong”.

I take it you are a scientist then?

What's your model for the human impact on climate change in relations to the solar impact?

Do you know? Or do you just parrot "science" claims that are aligned with your ideology?

I take it you're not a scientist because such a model is useless due to the fact that TSI hasn't wobbled outside it's norm for this climate era. The sun hasn't changed it's output. The only thing that has changed is Earth's atmosphere. Why has our atmosphere changed?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I guess Romney can kiss his Koch money goodbye.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It literally boggles the mind how anyone thinks climate change is about science.

It's about politicians, never letting a good crisis go to waste.
It was originally about science.

It was hijacked by politicians.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's the Sun !!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
When another volcano like Krakatoa pops off you will not have to worry about being to hot.
Can you say little ice age?

www.rtcc.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just who was responsible for programming the Romney bot 3.0? He is acting like he cares about the environment and he has been talking about the wealth gap. He sounds more like a liberal than a conservative.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Just who was responsible for programming the Romney bot 3.0? He is acting like he cares about the environment and he has been talking about the wealth gap. He sounds more like a liberal than a conservative.
His handlers are pushing him in a more moderate direction, I suspect.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's still about science. The politics is due to the fact that every economy in the world is in one way or another dependent on fossil fuels profit. If fossil fuel is the scientific problem then governments need to respond and since most are beholden to fossil fuels in some way, they aren't going to solve it willingly... and the longer we wait the more authoritarian the solutions will become. But hey, what do I know... I'm just a dumb leftist worshiping at the altar of global warming.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Romney: Climate change is real, man is contributing to it, and it’s time to do something about it

CranialSponge to Romney:

"You first."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's still about science. The politics is due to the fact that every economy in the world is in one way or another dependent on fossil fuels profit. If fossil fuel is the scientific problem then governments need to respond and since most are beholden to fossil fuels in some way, they aren't going to solve it willingly... and the longer we wait the more authoritarian the solutions will become. But hey, what do I know... I'm just a dumb leftist worshiping at the altar of global warming.
Hey I'm on your side here. I'm only saying politicians have made the issue nothing more than another polarizing talking points for campaigns with little ACTUAL effort taking place to reduce our carbon emissions.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

See... you actually do understand that when the chemical make up of the atmosphere changes, so does the Global temperature. So why would sulfur dioxide cause changes but not carbon dioxide?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I know you are, it was just general sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Worshiping at the altar of statolatry is what has got us in to the mess we are in.

We don't need to keep doing it.

We already have the Clean Air Act.

We already have the EPA.

There is NO reason to let them take more power.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
They call him Flipper...Flipper...

I bet everyone one us of here at one time or another backed his positions
before he shook his "magic" etch-a-sketch and changed his position.

:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Jamie1

To be fair, no one (I know) is saying that Man is the "cause"... But rather a contributor to the effects.

if man is truly a factor in large scale climate change, ocean and air current changes by greenhouse gasses or deforestation or islands of plastic and trash polluting the oceans... that is overblown

what is under estimated & under reported is the Chem-Trail insertion of aluminum compounds/Boron and other rare elements into the higher atmosphere and the HAARP frequencies heating up that level of the atmosphere...
it is not the public nor the industries altering the climate...It Is the covert Government operations like Chem-trail/HAARP doing the greatest part of human caused climate change (if it really is a reality & not just numbers manipulations/Spin)

it appears that Romney is positioning himself to the best butt kissing position possible to the Globalist puppet masters with oodles of power & money
edit on rd31142204418023162015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

There in lies the problem.

The planet is in a constant state of motion.

Always has been always will be.

Mans so called 'power' is a self delusion. A false pretense of sacrificing liberty for a little temporary 'safety'.

He will soon find himself having neither.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

See... you actually do understand that when the chemical make up of the atmosphere changes, so does the Global temperature. So why would sulfur dioxide cause changes but not carbon dioxide?

So your saying carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide are the same thing? Or have the same affect?

Here ya go, fun read.
www.natureworldnews.com...

I understand how the greenhouse effect works. I disagree with scientist that have a track record of failed predictions.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I like that article.

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

Abdussamatov's work, however, has not been well received by other climate scientists. "His views are completely at odds with the mainstream scientific opinion," said Colin Wilson, a planetary physicist at England's Oxford University.

"And they contradict the extensive evidence presented in the most recent IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] report."

This part kind of reminds me a bit of history. Sounds an awful lot like how Copernicus and Galileo was challenged over heliocentrism. I mean, geocentrism was the mainstream scientific opinion of the time. Only, people are much better at suppressing differing opinions than they were back then when people actually paid attention. Science is fun.
edit on 1/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What? No, I'm saying both gasses (along with others of course) have an affect on global temperature not that they have the same effect.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join