It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Climate change is real, man is contributing to it, and it’s time to do something about it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Yes, it's labeled "controversial" because it's not PC.

Use your eyes and brain.

Polar ice cap on Mars is melting. Something caused it. It wasn't humans.

ALL the warming in the solar system is caused by the Sun.

Common sense. Sun's impact on temperatures >>>>>>>>> human impact.

Yes, let's look with our eyes at the Sun's impact on temperatures. What better way than to measure total solar irradiance?

Oh.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Is EVERYTHING about politics and slamming the "other side" to you?

LOL! Cute!
But in truth, I was responding to the OP, which talked about political parties quite a lot. I mean, it's about a Republican sounding like a Democrat. So, I didn't inject politics, I just responded to it. Different from "that other" situation.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
US isn't the leading voice, they just have more voices as a country.

While they are still discussing about doing something over there turning it into politics, we(my own country Europe) have been doing something for years, every Krone in carbon tax is spent back into infrastructure, industrial, agriculture and farming, green energy, all in the name of reducing co2.

If it's working on the climate i have no idea, it might take a very long time before seeing any change if any change at all.

Is it really needed? Well, we are doing our duty, and creating a cleaner and more durable infrastructure, so it can't be a bad thing.

Does it suck to see other country's doing nothing or very little...it sure does, but thats just the way it is at moment, it might change at some time, when they are done flying around to climate conferences, discussing where they shall have the next conference.

Cost a lot of money though, but no scientist or politician is getting rich where i am, you can easily follow the money flow here.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Maybe if liberals like al gore and all the other pompous windbags in Hollywood would practice what they preach, and not ride their private jets and limos to climate conferences. Somebody would take them more seriously.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Maybe if liberals like al gore and all the other pompous windbags in Hollywood would practice what they preach, and not ride their private jets and limos to climate conferences. Somebody would take them more seriously.

Would that somehow change the science behind AGW?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The science says the climate has been changing for billions of years.

Long before mankind was a blip on the face of the earth.

Atmospheric scrubbers, extensive solar panel networks, ETT, etc.

You mean stuff that depends on the climate to work ?

Wait for !

The climate is CHANGING!

Of course that stuff won't be made here. It will be made in China.

So Obama's, and Romney's solution to climate change is to outsource more jobs, and pollution to China.

Great solution there.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Yes, it's labeled "controversial" because it's not PC.

Use your eyes and brain.

Polar ice cap on Mars is melting. Something caused it. It wasn't humans.

ALL the warming in the solar system is caused by the Sun.

Common sense. Sun's impact on temperatures >>>>>>>>> human impact.

Yes, let's look with our eyes at the Sun's impact on temperatures. What better way than to measure total solar irradiance?

Oh.

The range on this chart is 0.1%.

Can you give me the specific model you're using that relates temperature change to CO2 and solar radiance? What weighting that each has?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Actually, I totally agree that Al should be more environmentally conscious. But, as Greven said, what Al Gore (or anyone) does in his own life has no effect whatsoever on the science of Global Warming. Even Mitt Romney (the conservative pompous windbag that he is) knows that.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: neo96

Some on the right actually listen to science.

Is EVERYTHING about politics and slamming the "other side" to you?

Just another face in social engineering climate change bullsnip is.

Their entire ideology is just to shape the environment to suit the individual instead of what man has long done since he was playing with rocks.

Adaptation to the environment. What they call evolution.

Climate change is anti evolution.

And that was proven by science.

I am sitting here laughing at the 'belief' in science. Their entire platform is the antithesis of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The range on this chart is 0.1%.

Can you give me the specific model you're using that relates temperature change to CO2 and solar radiance? What weighting that each has?

Indeed it is.

There is no model. It's simply the annual mean from these two sources plotted on the same graph sharing the year.
Global Temperature Anomalies
TSI Reconstruction

You could use the Global Temperature Index instead. Comparing the two looks like this:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Science.

geology.utah.gov...

What are you trying to show, here? That the climate on Earth was different before mankind? There's no regularity in that chart, so I don't really know what else you would be trying to say.

Really? Look, our moon used to be another planetary body, before it struck the Earth and was captured. Oh, also when the two objects collided, it turned the surface of the Earth into a molten ocean.

Yeah, crap happens, but I don't think it would have been very pleasant for humans when that occurred (if we had been there).

Do you have a model for climate change caused by humans that you prescribe to?

How much of the debated 0.3 degree increase in global temperature was part of the long-term climate cycles?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Doesn't matter who's causing it. Doesn't matter why it's happening. It's happening.

What matters is that we deal with and prepare for it because it's effecting us and may go on doing so for who knows how long...maybe forever.

And dealing with it and preparing includes doing whatever we can to not make it worse. Like it or not.

____

As to the topic and Romney, wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I have yet to see our government fix anything.

I have seen them make things exponentially worse.
edit on 23-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here's what many "are doing about it".....

1,700 Private Jets Will Fly to Davos to Discuss Global Warming

A squadron of 1,700 private jets are rumbling into Davos, Switzerland, this week to discuss global warming and other issues as the annual World Economic Forum gets underway.

The influx of private jets is so great, the Swiss Armed Forces has been forced to open up a military air base for the first time ever to absorb all the super rich flying their private jets into the event, reports Newsweek.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Would that somehow change the science behind AGW?

When the folks doing all the warning dont heed their own warning, you really have to question the validity of their data.
Would you like a list of predictions from these scientist that have failed to come true?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I wonder if him owning the actual carbon exchange market influences his propaganda?

Wonder if he would have a multi-million dollar windfall of carbon credits were actually implemented globally?

Gore Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Hype

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nothing like 'Do as I say, Not as I do'.

The rules are for the little people.

1700 jets pumping out co2.

That's sure saving the planet.!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I wonder if him owning the actual carbon exchange market influences his propaganda?

Wonder if he would have a multi-million dollar windfall of carbon credits were actually implemented globally?

Gore Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Hype

The coming carbon credit bubble is going to make the 'financial crisis' of 2008 look like chump change.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Do you have a model for climate change caused by humans that you prescribe to?

How much of the debated 0.3 degree increase in global temperature was part of the long-term climate cycles?

Not particularly. I see that we are continually increasing the concentration of CO2 (and others) in the atmosphere, and I know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. Without it and others (like water vapor), this rock would be another cold and lifeless planet. With too much of it (Venus), this rock would be another hot and lifeless planet.

Debated 0.3 degree increase? That's in the last couple of decades at most - it's risen way more than that since 1900. As for long-term climate cycles? I don't know. Perhaps it would be useful to note when humans pop up on that chart?

We probably can't screw up the atmosphere too badly to exterminate all life, despite trying. I don't know about y'all, but I kind of want humanity to be around awhile longer. Maybe get its crap together and sail off to other worlds.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Jamie1

To be fair, no one (I know) is saying that Man is the "cause"... But rather a contributor to the effects.

So the largest polluter in the world is China.

What are we gonna do ?

Invade them?

There are quite a few of countries that don't care what America thinks.

How the hell do they plan to fix a global issue ?

Pretty much like terrorism is a global issue.

Can't get anyone to agree, and do anything on it.

Heh.

But if the world DOES come up with a plan and agree on it, you'll just call it totalitarianism.

So it's a damned if you do/don't scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join