It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Climate change is real, man is contributing to it, and it’s time to do something about it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It’s not news that he believes it’s real and at least partly man-made, but it is sort of newsy that he thinks it’s time to take action. Actually, wait: I think it probably is news to lots of Republican voters that he thinks AGW is real. It shouldn’t be, as Romney’s copped to believing that both on the trail and in a book he wrote in 2010, but one of the fun things about Romney campaigns is that you never know which long-held conservative heresy is suddenly going to blow up on him

While hitting familiar Republican points criticizing the size of the federal debt, Romney at times sounded like a Democrat, calling for President Barack Obama and other leaders in Washington to act on common liberal priorities such as climate change, poverty and education

“I’m one of those Republicans who thinks we are getting warmer and that we contribute to that,” he said of climate change, charging that federal leaders have failed to enact global agreements needed to tackle the problem…

Literally HOT AIR.

Well ain't this a pip?

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Mencken

So Romney is barking with the pack. The pack of climatephobes.

Yes people the planet is out to get us. We need government to regulate the entire planet. To save us!

Of course that is the same people who can't even save us from 'terrorists'.

For the last 20 years of climate regulation that has killed jobs, and wealth that has increased poverty. We must 'act' now!

Key word there act.

Pay attention people who the real neocon's are. Here trying to control the entire planet. How the hell is that going to be accomplished I ponder.

Most people ignore what our benevolent dictator has to say. Most people ignore what Romney has to say.

I guess it was time for Romney to jump on the climatephobe bandwagon.

All aboard!!!

They be rollin,rollin,rollin.

edit on 23-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Some on the right actually listen to science.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Still waiting on the reams of data that show atmospheric CO2 isn't increasing at the exact rate we extract carbon from the ground to oppose to the reams of data that show atmospheric C02 is increasing at the exact rate rate we extract carbon from the ground.

oh, there isn't any? and you just don't believe the data because you don't believe humanity can have an actual impact on their planet since humanity is so small, meager, and helpless, while earth is endlessly vast and perfectly stable?
edit on 23-1-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That ain't science.

When politicians speak run for the bloody hills.

See because we already have climate legislation.

We already have government agencies like the EPA.

They already have the power of taxation.

They already have the power of regulation.

'climate changes' is big government on steroids.

What Obama, and Romney, and all those who jump behind that 'righteous' little cause are pushing is totalitarianism.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You mean like this?

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

To be fair, no one (I know) is saying that Man is the "cause"... But rather a contributor to the effects.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

To be fair, no one (I know) is saying that Man is the "cause"... But rather a contributor to the effects.

So the largest polluter in the world is China.

What are we gonna do ?

Invade them?

There are quite a few of countries that don't care what America thinks.

How the hell do they plan to fix a global issue ?

Pretty much like terrorism is a global issue.

Can't get anyone to agree, and do anything on it.
edit on 23-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Science.

geology.utah.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I definitely agree with that...

Those countries who don't care what America thinks may start to care if it's taken to the UN...

Also, they need to realise it's not what America thinks...
It's what Scientists know & have informed many Governments around the World...

In fact the sooner the doubters realise that and stop with the anti-America stance the quicker a solution can be put into practice.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
You mean like this?

according to one scientist's controversial theory

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The second politicians started running their mouths about it.

It stopped being about the 'science'.

And the UN is useless.

No country is going to voluntarily give up their own sovereignty to be ruled by others.

The UN has no real power.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Thanks, but an Ice Age is not the be all and end all of Climate Change.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Is EVERYTHING about politics and slamming the "other side" to you?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You mean like this?

That was in 2007. Based on 2005 data. Since then, we've discovered that the authors made an error - assuming climate change rather than just weather variation.
Mars Polar Cap Mystery Solved

Much of the 'ice' is actually dry ice - frozen CO2 - widely dispersed over the southern hemisphere. It warms and turns into gas quite a lot more easily than frozen water. Additionally, summer in the southern hemisphere of Mars is a wee bit different than on Earth: Mars has a year of 687 Earth days. Thus, it's quite longer.

If you're actually interested, read up on some more reasons why here (it predates that article):
Global warming on Mars?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Again I have to agree with you.

I would say though, the UN can be useless...
Not always, but yes.

I don't think sovereignty has to be sacrificed to find a solution to this...
Certain privileges maybe, but not sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You mean like this?

according to one scientist's controversial theory

Yes, it's labeled "controversial" because it's not PC.

Use your eyes and brain.

Polar ice cap on Mars is melting. Something caused it. It wasn't humans.

ALL the warming in the solar system is caused by the Sun.

Common sense. Sun's impact on temperatures >>>>>>>>> human impact.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
RMoney...is the lead for scientific consensus of the right. man, that is saying something.

Dearest sweet Neo, We must first all understand and accept science, then we can discuss solutions.
Yes, America can go back to its puritan roots and it wont stop the switch we are flipping. clearly regulating the west in some token form will work about as well as a squirtgun on a inferno
but we can start discussing the problem with all involved, and come up with meaningful, technological solutions to balance out and control our environment (aka, this may be what triggers us to become a type 1 civilization)

Atmospheric scrubbers, extensive solar panel networks, ETT, etc.

Be pro science already. it actually helps corporations grow..the short term moanfest of stockbrokers will turn to cheers after conversion.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I bet Romney has some Carbon Credit investments.

Obama's new EPA regulations are pushing for carbon trading in States.

Time to get your final arrangements in order !!!!!!

Romney could also be running a controlled opposition game for Jeb.

Romney will later allow his ideas to be dis-"credited".

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Science.

geology.utah.gov...

What are you trying to show, here? That the climate on Earth was different before mankind? There's no regularity in that chart, so I don't really know what else you would be trying to say.

Really? Look, our moon used to be another planetary body, before it struck the Earth and was captured. Oh, also when the two objects collided, it turned the surface of the Earth into a molten ocean.

Yeah, crap happens, but I don't think it would have been very pleasant for humans when that occurred (if we had been there).

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Use your eyes and brain.

Oh, I did. I looked up the scientist, Habibullo Abdussamatov, and read what people have to say about him and his climate denier theories. Here's just one link:

Climate Denial from Eight Years Ago

In reality, the headline should have read something like this “One solar physicist in Russia who is a member of a climate science denial organisation says we’re heading for global cooling but all the other people we spoke to say he’s dead wrong”.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join