It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$43 Hot Dogs; $47 Burgers And $55 Caesar Salads: A Look At The Davos Menu

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh Boy, A $43.00 Hot Dog and a $47.00 Burger. I guess it's good to live like our owners do. Either these guys are dumber than they look or they're not letting us in on something (The High Life) LOL.

Well I don't know about you guys but I'd Never pay Forty Seven Bucks for a Burger No Matter how much money I had. It just shows you how warped and depraved the sort of money these people have makes them. So I've read that these relatively few people will own half of the assets in the world by 2016 and it seems any effort to share The World's Resources more equitably are fought tooth and nail by these Greedy B**tards.

So, What do you guys think? Any of our members here had a $43.00 Hot Dog in your lifetime or are you like the rest of us, just struggling to pay bills and waiting to buy things when they go on Major Sale?

As Always Guys and Gals, Any Comments, Digs, Stabs and General Drop Kicks are always welcome. Thanks Y'All for taking a look at this and Peace to All of You Here on ATS
Arjunanda.

(ARTICLE)

Billionaires may live in a world untroubled by such petty concerns as rising costs of living and declining real wages, but like everyone else they have to eat. And pay. The picture below shows what the menu prices, in Swiss Francs, are for various meals offered for sale to the billionaires and other upper class "luminaries" currently congregating in Davos. Some examples converted to USD: Hot Dog: $43; Burger: $47; Caesar salad: $55.

/Users/macintosh/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2015/01/23/20150123-073257/davos menu_0.jpg

Then again, the Swiss restaurant, like dutiful capitalists, are smart and merely introduced the "Billionaire surge pricing" strategy right out of the Uber playbook, which - when catering to people for whom things like "cost" are absolutely irrelevant, makes perfect sense.

(Here's The Regular Non Economic Forum Menu)

Alle Preise in CHF, inkl. der ges. gültigen MwSt.,
CHE-105.857.221
APPETIZERS
Fresh green salad

CHF 9.50
choosable dressings: French, Italian, Aceto Balsamico & Olive oil
Lamb`s lettuce

CHF 24.50
with fried bacon and preserved mushrooms
Classic Ceasar
’s
salad

CHF 24.00
with parmesan, fried bacon, bread croutons and chicken skewer
Smoked wild salmon

CHF 26.00
with cucumbers, sheep cheese and herbs
Spicy beef tartare CHF 25.00
with preserved vegetables, toast and butter
SOUPS
Traditional Grison barley soup CHF 12.00
refined with Davos cream
Beef consommé
CHF 14.50
with herb-pancake stripes
We purchase our meat exclusively from Switzerland

CHE-105.857.221
FROM THE REGION
Plate of local specialities CHF 28.00
Grison raw ham, ham bacon, Grison air-cured meat, Salsiz and alpine cheese
Grison traditional Pizokel CHF 29.50
with savoy cabbage, bacon and fried onions
Grison Capuns

A delicacy from grandmothers times CHF 27.00
with an aromatic cream sauce, ovenbaked with Davos mountain cheese
Crispy Davoser Rösti
CHF 24.00
with spinach and fried egg
Alpine macaroni CHF 18.50
with braised onions and apple puree
MAIN COURSES
Veal escalope Vienna style CHF 54.00
with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Grison beef sirloin steak (200g) CHF 69.00
with
café
de Paris butter, served with fried potatoes and glazed winter vegetables
Crispy fillet of pike-perch CHF 42.00
with spinach and horseradish foam served with nut-gnocchi
Tagliatelle CHF 24.00
with braised tomatoes and parmesan
We purchase our meat exclusively from Switzerland

CHE-105.857.221
SANDWICHES
Belvédère Club Sandwich
CHF 27.00
with dry grison ham, egg, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, chicken breast and crispy bacon served with french fries and cole slaw
Belvédère Cheese Burger
CHF 26.00
Swiss beef (140g) with tomatoes, bacon, cucumbers, onions, iceberg lettuce and cheese served with french fries and cole slaw
Davoser bread Sandwich CHF 18,50
with grison raw ham and mountain cheese
Nut bread Sandwich CHF 17.00
with grison mountain cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes
Ciabatta Sandwich CHF 18.50
with smoked wild salmon and antipasti

vegetables
DESSERTS
Chocolate cake CHF 14.50
with sugar cream and lemon
Vanilla tartlet CHF 16.00
with fresh fruits
Crème brûlée
CHF 12.50
with blackcurrant sorbet
Homemade grison nut tart CHF 14.50
with red wine-plum compote
Homemade apple strudel
choosable with: cream
CHF 9.00
custard
CHF 13.50
ice cream
CHF 14.50

As the regular menu at the same restaurant shows, outside of Davos season the cheeseburger is "only" CHF26, so a modest 60% markup for those who benefit the most from the global central bank-driven multiple-expansion rally. In retrospect, it is surprising the markup is this low.

www.zerohedge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.zerohedge.com... -23/43-hot-dogs-47-burgers-and-55-caesar-salads-look-davos-menu

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

43 bucks? I could make a whole lotta dogs with that money. With that kinda money I could buy-

3 packs of philistine brand hot dog rolls
18 SJW free hot dogs
4 free range onions that would be sliced and grilled to perfection
4 jars of pickled Jalapenos (because Jalapenos go with everything)
1/2 pound of normal shredded cheese-not the cheese that comes from a rare Peruvian mountain goat

And to top it all off you'd get your sauce of choice.

edit on 23-1-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey Thecakeisalie, I'm coming over there, you sound like you know what a Good Hot Dog Cookout is really about. I wouldn't even want to be in the company of these decadent self serving A**holes in Switzerland. A Good Menu and Reply on your part and A Star For You!
Peace Arjunanda a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmmmm I can tell you what that money buys...

1) the likes of you n I will not be there!
2) only the beautiful people will attend
3) less likelihood of someone spitting into their food out of spite cause how they talk, clothes they wear or fill in the blank reasons a jealous arse would defile food.

The movie with John Travolta and Uma Thurman in it Pulp Fiction wow what a classic where John says to Uma, I won't pay $5 for a shake.... later when Uma is clearly enjoying her $5 shake John asks to taste the shake so that he would know what a $5 shake taste like.... He enjoyed his taste but still questions if the $5 shake was worth $5.... but then that was a damn good shake...

Just my 2 cents worth...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Can i have a glass of tap water please at those prices but with the bucks those folk have it is like 47 cents for a burger and is tax deductible at the end of the day .

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

$1 for the hot dog, $5 to have it served to you respectfully and without mishap, and $37 for the privilege of occupying space in their establishment.
edit on 23-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah Douglas5, Because we pay for it with our taxes. You know that they have Battalions of Lawyers and Accountants to make sure that they don't pay taxes and They Have No Nationality. The only Nation for them is Richistan LOL
Arjunada a reply to: douglas5

edit on 23-1-2015 by arjunanda because: Spelling Fix

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I bought a $30.00 cigar once.

It actually was the best cigar i ever smoked.

I just might buy a burger for that much.

But it would have to have like lion meat in it.

It wouldnt be a daily thing.

It would be one of those " i can actually say i did it" kinda thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
But it would have to have like lion meat in it.

Lion?

For that price I'd want flame-grilled Unicorn meat.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Liveforever8, I'm sure they'll find a way to Genetically Engineer it and grow your Unicorn Meat in A Petri Dish in some AgraGiants Lab (They're already doing it with Beef). They'll grow any sort of meat you want if you pay enough LOL. A good Reply and A Star
Arjunada a reply to: LiveForever8

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think it's good marketing strategy to overprice items. The people that have money will buy it anyway because ;

- They feel like they deserve better because they are rich
- They think it's better since it's more expensive
- They get an ego boost from knowing that people can't intelligently afford it
- The restaurant can make much more money from working much less. (That's what rich people do anyway)
- What's really bad about abusing the rich anyway? A lot of them abused others to get there.
edit on 23-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Thanks.

However it doesn't take a genius to make a fulfilling dog-most avant garde chefs would not be able to fry onion rings without garnishing it with almonds and calamari, but the backyard chef knows when the onion is done by smell alone.

Hotdogs are a simple treat enjoyed among friends or acquaintances-they have no place in a restaurant.

edit on 23-1-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I have worked at a few high class places over the years and those prices are not that bad one place was $ 10 for a cup of tea/ coffee delivered to your room $ 40 + for a simple breakfast

How the other half live

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have had a few £50 breakfasts

Yum

Does that make me a evil 1% er ?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi Ewok, Nope just a little questionable in your spending habits
Arjunanda a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You're Right on That Thecakeisalie, Some of The Best Dogs I've had in my life were in friend's Backyards with a couple of Brews and Good Conversation, I Love The Summer
Arjunada. PS, You originally had me with The Pickled Jalapenos YUM! a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I wonder how these prices compare to the cost of these elite rich eating in their homes. By this I mean they have staff to prepare and serve their meals and select grocers to deliver quality foods to them. what are their actual cost per meal when they eat at home?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That's not bad deal on a burger. You could pay more.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well AD, When you're in The Business of creating or managing other people's money and taking a big slice out of it with every transaction. I'm sure you wouldn't be bothered with The Extreme Costs associated with feeding your Fat Faces in your own opulent setting on The Labor of Others. It just The Best for Us and everyone else can starve. That's the mentality and The Greed is Good Meme. Good Reply
Arjunanda. a reply to: AlaskanDad

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well if you can't beat em or be em ..sell food to em at highly inflated prices.

<<   2  3 >>

join