It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atlantis still here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I was watching this program on tv and it was about the city Atlantis which is an old legend as im sure you know but at tyhe end of the show they said that some expert beleived either the artic or antartic (i cant remeber which) had Atlantis underneath it buried! can anyone provide some links or some information on this or was it all a joke?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
First, MANY threads here on Atlantis. Try the search and you'll see many different angles on it...

As for the Antarctica idea, that's largely based on a supposed map (whom many regard to be bogus) of an Admiral (whose name I'm blanking on...P.R. are the initials I believe, maybe Reis as the last name...)

My money is on the Altiplano in Bolivia...as it fits almost every point in Plato's writings.
www.geocities.com...

EDIT: Here's a sample of just searching on "atlantis" and "atlantis" (have to use two fields or it yells at you...)

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As for the Antarctica idea, that's largely based on a supposed map (whom many regard to be bogus) of an Admiral (whose name I'm blanking on...P.R. are the initials I believe, maybe Reis as the last name...)

the Piri Re'is map.

have a read of the writings of rand flem-ath (see the thread below too). He is the biggest pioneer of the (very convincing i must say!) antarctica theory.

www.flem-ath.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I see Gaz is WAY ahead of me here. Like he said, plenty in the archives.

Closed.

top topics

join