It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Babies: Why Any Aliens We Contact or Meet Are Likely to Be Very Advanced

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

Attempting to dismiss the entire subject of UFOs is ridiculous and can only be done if the subject isn't taken seriously or by hardline skeptics. If looked at objectively and seriously it becomes apparent that a great number of UFO incidents exhibit apparent intelligently controlled objects displaying capabilities far in excess of our present technological capabilities. In fact there are a huge number of threads on this site about such incidents which cannot be dismissed or adequately explained.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I tend to speculate, that in order for highly intelligent carbon based life too occur --- [besides having two arms, two hands and fingers,] it must have the advantage of bipedalism. A haunched over four-legged creature, or a fish shaped one, might not be able to physically support a large cranium capacity --- yet a biped could.

A large cranium capacity also depends on any bipedal creature having the biological capability to eat meat.

A starship that depends on starlight photons for fuel [besides being located in a interstellar gas cloud] might not give off a large flash signature --- yet on any nighttime OP's in a dark atmosphere --- it must create it's own plasma photons for fuel; which might explain such large flash signature's common to a small percentage of nighttime UFO sightings.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What about those nearest Earth? The age of the stars of the systems/general areas where the 1977 and 2010 SETI signals are believed to have been received from?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree some with the OP but I also disagree. I think he is mixing apples and oranges. The age of a planet has very little to do with the age of the life on that planet. Earth is 4.5 billion years old, there is no advance life on earth a billion years old even though it would be possible. In fact I would say advance life right now started about 600 million years ago after snowball earth, but most of that has been continually reset, such as we saw with the dinosaurs, which allowed mammals to advance in their place.

Life is one thing and it is hard to kill off and seems to spring back very quickly when conditions are right, but species are a whole different subject. Species come and go all the time with a few million years for their evolutionary range. Humans in 5 million years will be a completely different species then what is here on earth today. Because of this I think the difference we would see in the evolutionary range for advance space faring species to us would only be 100,000s of years, not millions or billions.

They will be advance to us just for the simple reason that they would need to find us first since we are not ready to fine them, so yes they will be advance, but do not think that 100,000 years is small in life terms though in a planet life cycle is is small. Humans today are about 200,000 years old, think of what we will be in 50,000 years, not millions. Any alien we meet would most likely be within 1 million years at most to us....

edit on 24-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

Attempting to dismiss the entire subject of UFOs is ridiculous and can only be done if the subject isn't taken seriously or by hardline skeptics. If looked at objectively and seriously it becomes apparent that a great number of UFO incidents exhibit apparent intelligently controlled objects displaying capabilities far in excess of our present technological capabilities. In fact there are a huge number of threads on this site about such incidents which cannot be dismissed or adequately explained.

What does UFOs have anything to do with advance alien life outside of pure speculations?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If a typical earth type planet --- such as our own ---- has the dinosaur family tree evolve first --- and spared any catastrophic extinctions: We should be aware that we could be facing a dinosauroid bipedal species that has a evolutionary jump on our own homo sapien species by millions of years.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Your sentence doesn't make sense.

Pure speculation or logical deduction?

UFOs were being discussed on the previous page that's what it has to do with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

1 million years is still a Long. #. Time. Especially considering technological advancements seem to grow exponentially.

originally posted by: Erno86
If a typical earth type planet --- such as our own ---- has the dinosaur family tree evolve first --- and spared any catastrophic extinctions: We should be aware that we could be facing a dinosauroid bipedal species that has a evolutionary jump on our own homo sapien species by millions of years.

I think about this often & it makes me giddy. Or as giddy as I can be anyways.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LIkely?

Perhaps...

Perhaps not...

Advanced in what way? Technological advancement doesn't necessarily equate to advanced in a spiritual sense.

All the nice toys without the ethical advancement to go with 'em... Examine our own history for examples.

That is, of course, a very anthropomorphic out look. ...and there may be other lifeforms out there who are indeed saints in alien clothing...

Then again? Maybe they're evil incarnate?

Or maybe...

Road Not Taken

There really is no way to know. It's all conjecture based upon assumptions that may be completely wrong...

Does make for very interesting Saturday morning conversation, though...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Or maybe...

Road Not Taken

Bro, I am crying from laughing so hard. & I'm still laughing. That was one of the most amazing plot summaries I've ever read! I must read the full story now. omg That # would be the ultimate irony if it really happens that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It's actually, underneath, a very dark story...

Well written short story.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
LIkely?

Perhaps...

Perhaps not...

Advanced in what way? Technological advancement doesn't necessarily equate to advanced in a spiritual sense.

All the nice toys without the ethical advancement to go with 'em... Examine our own history for examples.

That is, of course, a very anthropomorphic out look. ...and there may be other lifeforms out there who are indeed saints in alien clothing...

Then again? Maybe they're evil incarnate?

Or maybe...

Road Not Taken

There really is no way to know. It's all conjecture based upon assumptions that may be completely wrong...

Does make for very interesting Saturday morning conversation, though...

"Advanced in what way?" ---- I would speculate that whoever is visiting our Earth in these starships of their's, has broken the speed of light barrier, just because of a certain percentage of eyewitness UFO sightings here on Earth.

"Advanced in a spiritual sense?" ---- Well...they [otherworlders] have not attempted to conquer our planet as of yet --- which makes me believe that they are a highly spiritual race on the good side; though highly secretive of any intentions they have for our planet.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I think he was getting more at they could have interstellar capabilities but humans might have superior fire power. Can't argue with the Atomic Bomb; destroyer of worlds.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I think he was getting more at they could have interstellar capabilities but humans might have superior fire power. Can't argue with the Atomic Bomb; destroyer of worlds.

Due to my own nighttime foofighter sighting in 1976....let me assure you that these alien starships carry vastly superior firepower [as in hundreds of tons of electrically charged fusion plasma, possibly encased between two outer magnetic shields surrounding the starship] as compared to whatever our defense forces can throw at them.

Cheers,

Erno
edit on 24-1-2015 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I suppose even just something used for destroying asteroids in their way would be far superior to anything we possess. Though if humanity can survive another 100 years we could have that technology.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

Your sentence doesn't make sense.

Pure speculation or logical deduction?

UFOs were being discussed on the previous page that's what it has to do with it.

I'm just asking in general what does UFOs have anything to do with aliens outside of pure speculation. I would love to see the path of the logical deduction?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We don't really know the odds or where life originates, so we can't say whether older civilizations are likely or not. There're a bazillion What Ifs here. For example, maybe life depends, at least in part, on panspermia? Perhaps "food" rains down on planets over billions of years and this "food" evolves. Maybe billions of years of evolution finally created "food" which could spark the beginnings of life on planets like Earth. Maybe our Earth is one of the first. It's hard to believe we ARE the first, since statistically it seems unlikely. If we're not the first maybe all the others became extinct? I don't think there's a guarantee all lifeforms survive the ballooning of their parent star and/or the constant barrage of assaults on them.

The OP reminds me of this:
io9.com - A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: "All stars have planets"...

Their discovery indicates that giant planets prefer metal-rich stars, but little ones don't care.

Given the insight that the galaxy is strewn with small, rocky planets, it's quite possible that life is far more ubiquitous than we think. This realization will have serious implications to SETI, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. To get a sense of what this recent discovery means to SETI, we contacted Seth Shostak, the SETI Institute's Senior Astronomer, to get his reaction.

A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: "All stars have planets"

Shostak tells io9 the discovery could certainly speed up the search for ET as there are simply more targets out there. "The message we've been getting from the planet hunting community is loud and clear," said Shostak, "and that message is that all stars have planets." And not only that, he added — "Most of them might have small planets, too, and not just gas giants."
Shostak also admitted that the discovery reaffirms the idea that life could have emerged in the Galaxy a long time ago. "It's been possible to have worlds with life for quite some time now," he said, "there could be life out there that's billions of years old."

edit on 24-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

1 million years is still a Long. #. Time. Especially considering technological advancements seem to grow exponentially.

I agree in life terms a million years is an extremely long time, but it seems others do not think so and so suggest a planet 2 billion years older than earth would somehow have a greater chance of super advance life. My point is super advance life billion of years ago has come and gone. There is no billion year advancements....hehe

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
We don't really know the odds or where life originates, so we can't say whether older civilizations are likely or not. There're a bazillion What Ifs here. For example, maybe life depends, at least in part, on panspermia? Perhaps "food" rains down on planets over billions of years and this "food" evolves. Maybe billions of years of evolution finally created "food" which could spark the beginnings of life on planets like Earth. Maybe our Earth is one of the first. It's hard to believe we ARE the first, since statistically it seems unlikely. However, we could be one of the first or one of many still not see any signs of other intelligent life for a variety of reasons.

Looking at earth, life happened rather quickly after it cooled. Earth has wiped life of its surface a number of time just to see it spring back bigger than ever. The assumption is that life is a common chemical reaction that naturally happens just about anytime the conditions for life are met.

When we start talking about species being around a long time it gets rather muddy. Also when we start to dictate what kind of life that surely limits the numbers too. I can say life in general and that would account for a lot of life possibilities, but if I said 1200 pound flying hippos with three eyes, 5 legs and a green mane, what chances are there we would ever find that?

This is not much different to suggesting intelligent, space faring, physically capable life. The odds really start to grow...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Someone from a Red Dwarf star system would study life orbiting a Yellow Star. If some intelligent life has the technology to travel to Earth, they would. I'm sure out of all the Earth-Like planets in our Galaxy, one is more advanced than us and falls on our timeline.

If they are millions or billions of years more advanced than their science would also be millions or billions of years more advanced. If intelligent life that far advanced visited Earth, then they would be doing something very very advanced on their mission, not sampling rocks. If they also evolved to exist so long, they would not be warlike, cause pollution, or be unhealthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join