It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duality is the truth! There is high/low, full/empty, joy/pain - deception of non-duality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
'Dialectical monism, also known as dualistic monism, is an ontological position that holds that reality is ultimately a unified whole, distinguishing itself from monism by asserting that this whole necessarily expresses itself in dualistic terms.[1] For the dialectical monist, the essential unity is that of complementary polarities, which, while opposed in the realm of experience and perception, are co-substantial in a transcendent sense.'

en.m.wikipedia.org...

👣

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I'm not qualified to pontificate on the true nature of God or the Unmanifest but if I was serious about finding out I would go the route of serious spiritual practice and eventually hopefully find out as my perception advances and blossoms.

What I do know at this point is that some deities have darker emanations, wrathful deities if you will. My awareness of the true nature of this peculiar class, or these classes of entities/gods are fuzzy at best.

Some personas whether in flesh or not play games, characters, some turn evil, some fall from grace and some do it out of duty and responsibility.

In the end, some would say that it's all a game. A deadly serious game though, with enough breadth for both horrible and wonderful vistas and sensations to experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Aahh, exactly my thoughts on the subject.

I didn't know the correct terminology.

Now I know, thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

It's a crime against spirituality to not want to mix the purity of life, truth, and love with the wickedness of death and destruction?

If you want to see purity and filth as "one" and "non-dual" then that is your choice. ..

As for me I try my best to stick t Purity - The Spirit of Love and Life and keep away from the filth against it's purity.

There is no allegiance between good and evil, God and Satan.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

A God who is deception and Truth is not really God. God is Pure, God is Perfect.

Deception and Truth are not the same.

God is everything period.

I think that the word you're looking for here is "Reality". Not "God".

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

A God who is deception and Truth is not really God. God is Pure, God is Perfect.

Deception and Truth are not the same.

God is everything period.

I think that the word you're looking for here is "Reality". Not "God".

Lolz then you thought wrong. . . .

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If God is everything then God is evil. Logic 101.

I think we stopped talking about duality after the first 1/2 page....

Just because we accept the reality of duality doesn't make it any less evil or unnatural. Human nature is Pandoras box.
We are #ed.

Someone prove to me this is a "testing ground" or "3D Game".
That's right, you can't. By all means though, quote the bible or talk about "god" in your attempts.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I concur, but I dont see people remaining too long in neutral...something to aspire to but being of flesh blood and energy karma moving, we would gravitate between the opposites

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Let me know when you are speaking about anything other than words.

Ahh..you're becoming a disciple of Itisnowagain

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Great answer!

However, this is a "show your work" question...please show your work

-NF

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62

Wow, reason. What a refreshing bit of fresh air!

-NF

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Your truth is your truth.

My truth is my truth.

Why try to force your truth on others, as if it's The Truth?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And now, for your pleasure....I present...

Schrödinger's cat

-NF

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Great answer!
However, this is a "show your work" question...please show your work

-NF

Hey if you dont want to try and understand that god is everything, that is your god given right lolz.
Believe what you want, or believe nothing at all, doesnt change a thing other than your perception of god which is infinate from highest manifestations to the lowest manifestations lolzzz.
edit on 25-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hmm, how am I going to formulate this in a short text.

I do not think that Non-Duality is that everything is one, but that everything is related,
when you say sickness and health, dirty and clean, poor and rich.. What do you mean?

The duality is not sickness and health, etc. The duality is that you consider one to be bad and another to be good.
We live in a world of opposites and the problem is that we choose to consider one to be bad and another to be good and forget that those 2 are in fact brother and sister and just like in real life, brother and sister both have good and bad sides.

Let's say that the reincarnation of evil, a person, becomes terminally ill, do we not cheer for the disease for doing good for others?
Or otherwise when the reincarnation of evil recovers from a severe illness do we not blame doctors, medicines, his immune system, the things that do good for others now indirectly do bad for others.

What is good for one is bad for another, likewise, what is good for us at a certain time may be bad later and vica versa.
A good deed can have bad concequences and vica versa

Imagine 2 ripples in a pond, one is good, one is bad.. They both go their own way, then at a certain point they meet and become one, they change each other and then go on their way again...

It is possible that the bad ripple, perhaps unintentionally, did something good for the good ripple or vica versa.
Non-duality is understanding that you are not the ripple in the pond, but the pond itself.
You do not forget that they are good or bad, but you understand that they both are a part of yourself.

If you always fight against the dark and do not see the broader perspective then eventually you will lose.
Just like the day becomes the night, you cannot stop it, but when you understand that you are both the day and the night, you have nothing to fight and your mind will be at peace.

Non-duality is not forgetting their is no good or bad, non-duality is understanding that you excist both out of light and dark and that that is alright.

You might be more light than dark, but you are still a little bit dark,
and others may be more dark than light but are still a little light, even though they might not realise it.

Non-duality does not make you passive against injustice and other bad things happening in the world, it just gives you peace and understanding and helps you to make right choices because you have a bigger insight into both the light and the dark.

For most of us, we need to embrace the darkness to see the light.

Our sun, a light shining so bright, giving life to everything we see, making us able to see everything it gives life to, has the power to become a black hole, a most devestating phenomenom.

And when the sun becomes a black hole, do we blame it for becoming bad? No, because we understand that it always has had it in it to become that.
Just like a good person can become bad, but do we blame the person for being bad, alas in our society we do, but it is because we forget that every experience, every thought, everything the person saw, heard, smelled, felt had shaped him into eventually becoming bad and that bad person still has time, as long as it lives, to become good again.

Understand to Love (unconditional).

That's my 2 cents,
feel free to critize it but please keep it a dialogue and don't just trash it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

High energy (hot/bright/active) is not the same as low energy (cold/dark/still).
Summer is not the same of winter.
Either the switch is on or off.
Either awareness is energetic or lacking.

Both are Energy
Both are actions of A planet
Both are actions of one switch
Both are Forms of Awareness arpgme.

So though it appears that in these examples that duality is truth, if perceived from another point of view however it is non duality that is truth.
Truth because the provided examples are basic compounds of what would be one separated into two based on the Observers level of awareness...

LIGHT* and DARK consciousness and behaviors as well as interpretation of photonic transmission or what is perceived as LIGHT or Darkness by the physical visual eyes are all subjective analysis based on information processed by the Observer(s).
But the DATA being processed from many perspectives is ALL* produced from ONE CREATOR - SOURCE or GOD depending on the Observers interpretation...

This to 1 also supports the non duality TRUTH as opposed to the Duality perspective arpgme, but 1 can understand your points of view.

Sure, God "is".
Sure, consciousness is "being".
But being what? Not lowness, but brilliance and warmth.

A non-dual belief is to call dirty water and clean water "the same".

To 1 it is to call the dirty water and the clean water BOTH water.
For example some water may be better for humans to ingest and clean with, why some may be fertile grounds for bacterial and viruses to grow.
From a human point of view the dirty bacteria/virus infested water is no good. But for the bacteria/virus the clean disinfected sterilized water is highly destructive for the well being of growth for the bacterial/virus.

And so again its perspective based on the Observers human or bacteria/virus on what water is the clean or dirty, but Both observers are parts of the WHOLE*

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Brothers and sisters,

I like to say the following: "Any two objects that require each other to exist, so that they may exist, are one.". With this you can conclude that all is one.

A human body can not exist without a heart, and the heart can not exist without a body. That means they are one.

Good can not exist without evil. For if evil didn't exist we would have no concept of good.

Darkness can not exist without light, for if light didn't exist we would have no concept of darkness.

These two things need each other to exist, and that is because they are one, except they are different in degree.
edit on 25-1-2015 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To add the duality mindset can cause segregation - wars and pain as some could/would feel more empowered then others and feel its more their opportunity then those the feel power over to control things to their WILL? why not considering the wills of others...

The non duality conscious mindset allows ALL* to process and hopefully accept that yes we are all unique and different as CREATOR Creations, but TOGETHER we make up the WHOLE*

All IS 1

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: LionOfGOD

It's a crime against spirituality to not want to mix the purity of life, truth, and love with the wickedness of death and destruction?

Death and destruction are not evil, in and of themselves.

You can draw a line between pairs of opposites. You can stand on one side against the other. But it's just a temporary line, just cosmic theatre, just Divine play. Behind the masks we all wear, there is only one Actor.

👣

edit on 917SundayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuSundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join