It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton leading all Republicans by double digits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The solution is easy, vote for a third party candidate. We do have more than one party in this country despite what the media thinks.

The other alternative is to have nepotism laws in elected offices. For example you can't be elected to the same office your father/mother/spouse/sibling were elected too. We have these kind of laws in other places in government, but good luck getting them passed with Republicans and Democrats.

It's a shame that my sentiment is not shared more widely among my generation and the rest of America. These people just want more power and we're stupidly giving it to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: neo96

I don't see a Republican taking the White House again in my lifetime.

Then how do you explain the House, a Senate land sides ?

Back to back presidential victories are rare.

Last one was Reagan/ Bush to Bush/ Quayle.

As my pappy use to say don't count your chickens before their all hatched.

The higher the voter turnout the less probability of a Republican winning.

Remember 2012? The Republicans framed Obama as the worst president in history, in fact they made it their goal to make him a one term president but he still won because of a high voter turnout.

Forgot about the IRS ?

You know where the right was essentially shut off from money unlike the current potus.

That election was a fraud.
edit on 23-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89

The other alternative is to have nepotism laws in elected offices. For example you can't be elected to the same office your father/mother/spouse/sibling were elected too.

Hmmm, nepotism laws. Now there's a concrete suggestion. Doubt it could ever be implemented in government office though. Kind of a citizen infringement thing. A relative could have completely opposing views.

America has several political parties. You can even run as an independent individual.

Why hasn't a third party won? (I think Libertarians and Green Party have won some state level positions. Not sure about any others).

edit on 23-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't see a Republican taking the White House again in my lifetime.

It doesn't seem likely at this point does it?

Of course, they can always resort to cheating.
It wouldn't be the first time.

Rebel 5

edit on 23-1-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

edit on 23-1-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think Hillary Clinton is the most qualified person in America to be president.

Think about that. I am not saying she's the best person or that I agree with her positions.

Hillary has ALWAYS been politics. It's been her whole life and focus (unlike some who jumped on the stage and went Rah! Rah!).

She is married to a 2 term president. And unlike other wallflower wives --- did not relegate herself to the background. She was involved. And later Secretary of State.

There is no one else that even comes close to her experience and knowledge. She's also extremely intelligent --- whether haters want to admit it or not.

she get's aroused by mutilated vaginas according to one victim of goverment mind control, if you believe her that is. It was the most disturbing passage of any book I've ever read, fact or fiction.
edit on 23-1-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least, considering the poor selection of candidates the GOP has running every presidential election. Where do I place my bets...they'll lose the next presidential election.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
think its all bs. whichever or whomever you vote, same result or worse. But you got to give to the trojan king and company..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think the reason a third party candidate hasn't won is simply because of media coverage and name recognition. People fear what they don't know.

There were a few times in history where a third party candidate came close... especially in the late 19th early 20th century. However in recent years, I primarily think it's because the media marginalizes 3rd party candidates and don't cover them as much as they should.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The very mention of the name 'Clinton' makes my skin crawl. We've endured the Clinton blight since 1992-enough is enough-we deserve a break. Impeachment should have included the whole family. a reply to: asmall89

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elfrog

I agree, and the name Bush as well,
it's almost like two competing dynasties.

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is a reason why the locals in Washington call it the 'Washington Com-Post'. Might as well be reading the check out stand tabloids...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks
I have said it before and Ill say it again, lets keep voting for the problem rather then the solution. Lets keep voting for the same people all the time and expect different results, you know the definition of insanity. But then again it is not really going to matter..................were never going to be able to pay that 18 trillion dollars in debt now are we. Obummer still has almost 2 years left so by the time he leaves it will be 20 trillion dollars, but who's counting anymore anyway. Clock just keeps ticking, and time is almost up.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Tusks
I have said it before and Ill say it again, lets keep voting for the problem rather then the solution.

You have a solution?

Let's hear it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Term limits, don't spend more then you take in, period. Flat tax, a strong third party. People in general need to vote on the important issues facing the country (referendums) not the politicians. Get more involved in your community. Do good for those less fortunate. You see the answers are simple its the sheeple/people who are difficult. Basically we need HONEST change. The kind of change that is truly going to hurt and hurt bad. Like going from a roof over your head to living outside hurt, but as a country. Do you have a solution yourself?

edit on 25-1-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Your statement is pure propaganda and totally agenda driven. For one, the left has destroyed health care and those that voted for it who are younger, say in the 18-30 rage will be denying care to older Americans when they are in the 40's and 50's.

I totally expect a full court press on death panels in the next 3 decades due to government controls on healthcare. The justice will happen when these young idealists watch their parents die before their time because they voted for this mess.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need... This is the manta of the left and is the death knell of America.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Term limits, don't spend more then you take in, period. Flat tax, a strong third party. People in general need to vote on the important issues facing the country (referendums) not the politicians. Get more involved in your community. Do good for those less fortunate. You see the answers are simple its the sheeple/people who are difficult. Basically we need HONEST change. The kind of change that is truly going to hurt and hurt bad. Like going from a roof over your head to living outside hurt, but as a country. Do you have a solution yourself?

How can you make this happen?

Not ragging on you. Just a question. Having a good idea is one thing. Making it happen is something else.

(I don't really discuss my personal politics on ATS. If you are familiar with me you'd know I try to be logical, seeing the world as a whole. My location says: "Standing on the Moon". That is my personal choice of perspective. It does not fit this discussion)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I talk to people, show them through facts that the two party system isn't what it seems. If I change one person perspective out of 20 to me that's a good start. I am also finding that more and more people are starting to see right through the charade. They even help me see things I may have missed. United we stand divided we fall.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I talk to people, show them through facts that the two party system isn't what it seems. If I change one person perspective out of 20 to me that's a good start. I am also finding that more and more people are starting to see right through the charade. They even help me see things I may have missed. United we stand divided we fall.

Good thoughts. But, maybe.

I've been through 2 corporate takeovers. The new people come in with great big ideas and changes. Within 2 years everything is right back as it was before they came.

Societies fall into patterns they are comfortable with. Sure, people are going to grumble and rattle sabers.

But, like the Tea Party, which had no real focus or cohesion ---- has since become just another wing of the GOP.

All the different tribes in the Middle East sure hasn't done anything to stabilize that area.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have never heard Eva Brown was bright. She always seemed stupid to me. Anyone who would follow a homosexual to the grave in the name of love seems incredibly stupid. I mean...think about it...lol. Who in hell would allow them-self to love Hitler! If anything, Eva must have been a psychological train wreck and NEEDY. There is nothing worse than a needy woman. Eva must have needed a father figure to hang with ole uncle Adolf. Where in all that did you find the word "bright" in the same sentence as Eva Brown? a reply to: mikegrouchy

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ben Carson and Don Trump

Ben for the brains
Don for the money and balls

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join