It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really fed up of the "screw you, I've got mine!" mentality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Bull# .. it failed because of whiny attitudes becoming the norm and p.c entitlement state that discouraged people actually working and making something out of themselves instead of sitting around on their fat lazy useless asses whining with their fat grubby little hands out for everyone else to provide for them...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

It has failed to produce cause we keep cutting budgets while pumping that money into military and private school subsidies.

Doesn't the military have education opportunities?

Some people think the draft should come back.

Then the high school failures can get educated under a more disciplinary atmosphere.

IDK.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

And when the free community college system fails, what's next?

The big money public systems have already failed, even with big money.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: infolurker

Laugh it up buddy lol We own this world. Pokemon. Lots and lots of pokemon.

Yes, I know, I have seen the prophetic movie.

Now have a Brawndo, it is what plants crave!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
it's what's going to tear this country apart in my opinion.

This attitude seems to be more prevalent with the hard core patriots that supposedly love this country, but yet I hear a lot of outrage from this crowd whenever a program is proposed that will help educate our fellow countrymen and women and help make this country stronger in the long run.

See, I don't see it as mindless spending I see it as an investment in our country's future. Because unlike most of you so called "patriots" I refuse to give up hope and I still think that we can return this country to it's glory days and if I have to pay more taxes to help educate my fellow countrymen I will gladly do it.

"Bbbbbut who's going to pay for it?!" Funny how this is the first question that it's asked but you never hear it when we're loading thousands of pounds of bombs into B2's ready to carpet bomb a cave in the middle east.

Muse, I am sure if you want to pay for what you propose no one will turn you down. Leave the rest of us alone or move to Europe. The rest of us that work for a living need a place to live too and really the US is the last safe place for people that want to be free of you and your ilk stealing dollars from our wallet. Pay for your own stuff.
edit on 2015/1/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
While I am all for individualism, I'm not a big fan of Ayn Rand--who, I believe, is at the root of this mentality that she popularized in Atlas Shrugged. I tend to lean toward feeling goodwill and a desire to empathize with my fellow human. I enjoy connecting with others. I'm an ENTJ who isn't a jerk. Sometimes, at least. I'm still young so I guess I do have this mentality that the OP mentions at times, although morally I do disagree with it. I guess it is just a matter of maturity perhaps--or rather, lack thereof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join