It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something i found interesting... Perhaps ironic?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
Reincarnation removes accountability from yourself...

I would think that the blanket and all encompassing forgiveness of Christianity removes accountability from the person .. but with reincarnation you have to pay for your own karmic debt ... with reincarnation you are responsible for your own sin debt and everyone else is responsible for their own.

Fan-of-Flying, this I can grasp and yet I am left wondering 'what is sin?' ...obviously hurting a child, murder, theft, etc. But is there any way to ascertain the entire list of "don'ts" ???

I've always loved the concept that "The body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit" because it just resonates with me. So, for example, if I become overweight, is that a sin? (B/C I have not tended to Spirit's Temple in the optimal way...) If I smoke, if I kill brain cells by drinking too much? You get the point. And if these are sins, would I be reincarnated with some karmic 'justice' such as being born into a culture where starvation is rampant (if I were a glutton in a previous life.)

I wonder these things, and I would like to hear your thoughts and anyone else's who cares to comment...

P.S... Neglecting this 'Temple' is not the only potential sin I wonder about. It's just an example of the curiosity regarding 'what is sin' that I have. See, cultures throughout the world, AND thru the ages, vary in their beliefs about what constitutes wrong behavior. We grow up in these cultures, quite naturally shaped in our thinking (ie: indoctrinated) as to what is decent and good, and what is abhorrent (and everything in between.) Could it (sin) be based on intent? Not sure I can buy that 100% because where would the soul's learning enter in if, say, generational child abuse led a person to believe 'that's just how life is' and they felt no real remorse in continuing the cycle?

I hope that makes some sort of sense! I just think a clear list would be helpful, and I don't feel like the 10 Commandments covers it all... KnowhatImean?
edit on 1/22/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Personally I've always thought that passage was speaking directly to Nicodemus...

Jesus was saying to him YOU must be born again... because of his life as a Pharisee...

We know exactly what HE thought of the Pharisee's... Children of the devil, telling people to adhere to the law but they will not lift a finger themselves...

Its said that Nicodemus converted after Jesus death... but there is no real record of that

Only that he was there to do his job... to minister over the body of Jesus at his burial

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I would say "sin is going against love"

Bringing harm to another living being purposefully is a sin... be it physical or mental

Personally I believe harming another living being is what Jesus called "blasphemy of the spirit" which is not forgivable in this life or the next... there are always repercussions but they are usually resolved in this life... yet something like murder is not forgivable... and one must deal with that consequence in their next life, which would bring us back to the law of the OT... An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... They get what they gave

Blasphemy... More then you think it is?

Harming the body? I don't know about that one... I can only hope that is not a sin in the eyes of God because im sure I beat on this temple regularly...

edit on 22-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I think he means it in a more universal way personally.

John 3
5 Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

He says no one, including Nicodemus, can enter without being born of water and Spirit. I think he would have said you (in reference to Nicodemus) if he was only limiting it to him.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Look at verse 7...

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Perhaps you are right though...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

If you didn't have the Spirit from birth, you would have been stillborn. The Holy Spirit is what animates the flesh and gives it life.

First they took your Spirit away from you through their teachings then sold you a counterfeit one in its place. You WERE alive but now you're dead with Jesus on the cross.

That's hilarious.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you honestly and without bias, carve the notions associated with non-reincarnation (vis-a-vis the systems that do not subscribe to it), tie them to the reasons why (i.e. consistency with a narrative)...you find them leaving more questions unanswered, than answered.

The only processes that make any sense are the reincarnation view, or the athiests view.

The athiests view can have its problematic details...the reincarnationists view (when the process is understood) has none.

Interestingly - all systems (given an adherents propensity to live a life of good) can/will effect the same result - belief, or no belief...the reincarnationists view...

Å99
edit on 22-1-2015 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What about the soul? You are omitting that. Spirit and soul are different. So is a child born with a soul, or with a spirit?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You are soul and Spirit, the soul is your unique perspective, the Spirit is what gives you life. The soul (you) cannot exist without the Spirit, which is the animating force that the soul experiences in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I would say "sin is going against love"

I like this. It makes sense. The only question I have about it, goes back to what I said about cultural mores... I think of instances in history where sacrificing a child was thought to appease the gods and bring a good crop yield. These people felt their actions were just, and they meant no malice. Yet they snuffed out a life. They killed.

So, in light of:

Bringing harm to another living being purposefully is a sin... be it physical or mental
and

something like murder is not forgivable
...My question is, just because they didn't do harm purposefully, they ended a life just the same. It would seem to me those souls need more instruction about the value of human life (since they thought it a righteous act-- hell in some cultures it was an honor to be selected for sacrifice!)

There are other instances of what some consider loveless, yet the culture sees/saw it in a whole different light. I'm getting back to the idea of 'indoctrination' passed from one generation to another, which in many cases justifies harm to others. How's a soul to learn better, if intent/purpose is the only litmus test? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I just seek to sort this out in my head.)

Personally I believe harming another living being is what Jesus called "blasphemy of the spirit" which is not forgivable in this life or the next...
I came to this conclusion myself about a year ago, which is what sparked the confusion over what I posted above!

Thanks for listening. I hope I was clear.

edit on 1/22/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I wish I had all the answers my friend, I only work with what feels right to myself... it might not be the same to another...

I don't know what can be said about certain cultures who feel they can justify killing... or sacrifice for that matter

In fact I can not wrap my head around the reason for sacrificing a sheep/ram in the OT... so trying to figure out why someone would believe sacrificing a child to appease a god is reasonable is beyond me...

Throughout human history we've done this though... all in a feeble attempt to appease what people thought were gods

Some things we are just not meant to understand I suppose...

So we leave these matters up to ONE that does

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Huh? Reincarnation is accountability. If you had a horrible life, you have to wait in hell and be born again starting all over (probably born with disabilities).

If you are good then you get to stay in heaven ("become a pillar and sent out no more").

Also, John The Baptist was Elijah according to Jesus.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Personally I believe it was a teaching that was removed, perhaps not even written about because the idea removes the authority of the church and relies on the individual and the way he/she acts in this life. Though im sure it was taught by Jesus in my own humble opinion... but the concept pretty much removes the "faith alone" idea... so Paul's teaching is out the window for the most part... heaven forbid!

Yes, early on it, people saw the teaching and assumed they could do whatever and have another chance. Sometimes, it is not of man that gives the order to remove, but Father. But, man, will think he had the idea in himself to do these things. Long ago, the true Bible was very large, but has since been scaled down. No one should depend on a book to have all the answers, or how else would they learn?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

What about the soul? You are omitting that. Spirit and soul are different. So is a child born with a soul, or with a spirit?

If you are of man, then you are born with a soul. Before you are sent here, you are split in half. One part to become the soul, and the other to control the vessel (body). The soul is what keeps the parameters of self and order. The other part, is yourself
(personality, traits, etc.).

The Holy Spirit can dwell within or not, depending upon the choice you make. You can either have the Spirit of Father within, or a spirit from below inhabit and lead to a path of destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join