It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Future Friend" and I (Warning for Jan 25 2015)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

I promise you, hackers cannot access NORADS systems. At best they can hack into NORADS unclass desktops, whoo hoo.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm surprised you didn't ask him exactly how time travel works, when it was discovered etc.

I highly doubt he will be back on the 26th.....and if he is, what's the betting he falls back on the old "alternative time lines" story.

He sounds a little bit like a poor mans John Titor.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It doesn`t make sense, he is just a common tourist from 36 years in the future but he remembers some obscure,hardly news worthy, incident about norad that happened 36 years in his past. The incident isn`t even going to cause a major event like a war or something so it must be pretty tivial.he said we won`t even find out about it until the end of this year.

look at it this way, as a common tourist can you remember some trivial news event from 1979? can you remember the exact date of that trivial news event? If you went back in time 36 years to 1979 wouldn`t you have a lot of things to tell them about the next 36 years?

Norad is going to be offline when it gets hacked, how is that even possible? even if Norad lost power because of an earthquake I`m pretty sure they have backup generators.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

That is my fault entirely... (Well, there were a lot of other people in the chat room too, but I was the only one engaging in the conversation.) I have NO idea why it never crossed my mind to ask. I guess I was too interested in probing for events to question the mechanics of how exactly one becomes a "time tourist." I got distracted by real world stuff after some time, so I guess I would have eventually gotten to that, but as I said, more important things came up offline.

Mind you, all the while I was asking him things I felt increasingly foolish for even playing his game. Even now, I hope people don't subscribe too heavily to the notion that what he said is really true... But I felt the need to post is somewhere *just in case*

edit on 22-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
It doesn`t make sense, he is just a common tourist from 36 years in the future but he remembers some obscure,hardly news worthy, incident about norad that happened 36 years in his past. The incident isn`t even going to cause a major event like a war or something so it must be pretty tivial.he said we won`t even find out about it until the end of this year.

look at it this way, as a common tourist can you remember some trivial news event from 1979? can you remember the exact date of that trivial news event? If you went back in time 36 years to 1979 wouldn`t you have a lot of things to tell them about the next 36 years?

Norad is going to be offline when it gets hacked, how is that even possible? even if Norad lost power because of an earthquake I`m pretty sure they have backup generators.

All very valid points, and how I wish you had been there to ask him yourself. My best guess would be that he was planning on coming back to this time, so he might have researched some things about this time (and its near future) to talk about.

More importantly, your points are very good, and I do wish I had the presence of mind to have asked them myself. He just didn't seem like your typical troll, and he didn't mind that I found it to be unbelievable...

...I guess part of me didn't want to be overly argumentative so as to not be rude. I wanted to get the information from him without a "fine, don't believe me, I'll leave."

edit on 22-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveT

Maybe they do a World War Z and just disappear and no one goes to look for them because no one cares enough about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Only read to the bottom of page one so maybe somone mentioned this...

How would NORAD being "offline" have anything to do with evil Chinese hackers "inserting" a virus there?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yea I'm drawn to this stuff too! a reply to: kissy princess

That would be funny. It could be that or maybe the whole world decided to play pretend that they don't exist and have been ignoring them leaving them to wonder why they aren't on the map anymore. a reply to: ketsuko

@aqualung-
I would have played along too and I can understand not wanting to chase them away. It's easy to dissect something when you are not in the heat of the moment. May I be so bold as to make a few suggestions for future use? Put yourself in that persons position of who they claim to be and ask questions from their perspective and judge things on a -1, 0, 1 basis. When you get down your list sometimes a 0 may become a -1 or 1 based on new evidence that alters its perspective. For example:
The screen name: Would stupid still be in common use 40 years from now? I'd give it a 0 since I really don't know but it is questionable so I would add it to my list.

He doesn't know what a hologram is so that means he was born this year or later otherwise they would know since I don't see them going away in 5-10 yrs. and only gaining in popularity. Lets say I give this a 0 because I want to give the benefit of the doubt. Yet they go on to say

Justin Beiber will die in a car crash soon. Why would he know about Justin Beiber but not holograms or a major event about Korea. Bieber would barely be a footnote by then. There is already a list of famous people who have died who would rate higher on my list to mention and it is not even February yet. So I'd give this a -1 and in turn go back up to my hologram bullet point and make it a -1 as well because they tie in closely together.

Many good story writers and hoaxers/liars will use the just give them enough then let them fill in the blanks. Soon you will have people defending them with what ifs and such. You can also have truth and luck muddled in with lies which blurs the line even more.

edit on 22-1-2015 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

No idea, I didn't come up with it. I'm really beginning to think none of this is going to be true. After some IP tracking on this person, I've learned they are not from where they say they are geologically, so one lie is proven as such... now everything comes into serious question. (More than before)

I want to repeat: This was most likely just someone BSing the chat room. Please don't read into it too much, just wanted to put it on here to keep eyes on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveT

DetectiveT, that's some advice I will carry with me from now on, absolutely! Thinking on the conversation further, that system does indeed untie some of the "what-ifs" that came up... But more than anything, as I mentioned in the above reply: He said he was in his late 20's was in Pennsylvania "now" but lived in Washington in "his time," neither of which were true... Granted he could be using some proxy, but again... other parts of his story do not add up, ESPECIALLY the points you've just made.

This is why the people of ATS are such a valuable resource. Thank you kindly.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No, I don't believe he is a time-traveler, but yes, this thread is fun. (I always find the notion of time-travelers fun.)

Noted: He knows who Justin Beiber is, a fairly minor musician in the first part of the 21st Century, but has never heard of North Korea. Anybody find that odd? lol.

They need to raise the bar in History studies in 2051.

heh.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
After some IP tracking on this person, I've learned they are not from where they say they are geologically, so one lie is proven as such... now everything comes into serious question. (More than before)

Good job! I'll have to remember to do that first next time I meet an online time traveler!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sounds like some whacky teenage girl just playing online, But wouldn't it be creepy if the Beebs did die this year?!?!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko your playing the numbers....life is like a pokie machine, unfreakinpredictable....and not always for the worse my friend

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well, I really have no opinion on the topic of "time tourism" though to be sure it's an interesting idea.

Re: Justin Bieber - one could say his passing would be a huge deal to his fan base, which according to Twitter (if that counts) is currently 59.5 million people. To draw a parallel - not really that much different from people today knowing about John Lennon's death or Elvis's death as well. Popular culture seems to stand the test of time. It could also very well be that his Mom was a Bieber fan and he grew up listening to that music. (Poor guy!)

Still, fun thread OP, will take his predictions with a grain of salt.

ETA: Should he come back on the 26th, Aqualung2012 - please do ask him if robots have replaced humans in jobs by then.
#themoreyouknow
edit on 23-1-2015 by MoonBlossom because: More Thoughts

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
By the way, the person who claims to be from the future is on chat right now, under his original nickname of "American Douchebag." I've called him out on his lies, and he continues to claim he is from the future... holding firm in his predictions and his status as a legitimate time traveler.

He's even reinforced that the 25th will indeed carry the prediction stated here. He reminded me that before Marco Rubio will be President it will be Leon Panetta. I encourage any of you to PM me for the link to the chat room so as to have at him with your own questioning. I'm there now, username: LHD.

He swears the 25th is legitimate and we will see. Still not buying it, but I've informed him I have a forum of very in-the-know people keeping an eye on that date. Please come have a look for yourself, this person is on quite frequently as "American Douchebag."

edit on 23-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Someone touched on this earlier but how can China insert a virus in NORAD if it is offline?? If the outage is caused by a natural disaster then any external access to the system(s) will not be possible. Something like this would have to be an 'inside job'.

Can your RPoS tell us how it's done?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I point out that NORAD is a joint venture between the USA and Canada....

perhaps the 'tremor' is not a physical Earth movement event but a cyber-tremor that used either USA or Canadian networks for intrusion purposes...

if NORAD is knocked off-line then another entryway has to be present to install that Trojan...

Are we to think Imagine that a Lieutenant Quake will install a malware Trojan into the NORAD network as their duty as a spy or saboteur...

taking into mind all the wording by this time-traveler, that kind of fictional scenario sounds as likely as anything else

...the 'clue' TREMOR has to be a contorted clue or he would be guilty of giving too much info by which that timeline might be aborted....
hence my absurd interpretation of the oblique Lt. Quake

ty ATS members
edit on rd31142202967023142015 by St Udio because: where is sherlock when you need him

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How did he know who Justin Beiber is but not North Korea...

Why am I even entertaining this question?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You do know who Leon Panetta is right? The guy is in his late 70's. He's also a Democrat who is pretty much retired and there is no way he would topple Hilary for the chance to run. I think he is even backing her run this go around.

@ St. Udio- Thank you! You just gave the perfect example of what I meant when people will come in and fill the blanks for a story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join