It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush asks to meet privately with Mitt Romney in Utah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Leading potential Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush are scheduled to meet privately later this week in Utah, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Former Florida governor Bush and 2012 Republican nominee Romney have grabbed recent buzz from operatives and donors aligned with the party’s establishment after both said they were exploring possible 2016 presidential bids.

The New York Times, citing two unidentified leading party members, said the session was planned before Romney made a surprise announcement earlier this month to a group of donors that he was weighing a third run for the White House. The paper said Bush had sought the meeting.

Looks like we have our GOP candidates for VP and pres. shaping up for 16. The neocon juggernaut rumbles along gaining strength and support.
edit on 22-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Can't the Bush family just be banned from being president? How would anyone vote for him? Oh, that's right he is already president...Our votes don't matter anyways...They are going to discuss what their plans are once in the white house....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh yeah, Ol' Rmoney who "didn't want to be president" last election but was hailed as a frontrunner the whole time. But hey that's a recipe for loss whether selected or elected. The other side of the same coin will enjoy this.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

There are so many people on the right with varying ideas about running the country - we have Ted Kruz, Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee - all far right and tea party, but still different from each other, all the way to Mitt Romney, Chris Cristy and Jeb Bush, who lean to the left, last time I checked, but could still change their stripes. Then we have all the ones that fall somewhere in the middle: Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, John Kasich, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina... Whew! So many! Does anyone else think the rift in the GOP nearly guarantees a split vote, securing another win for the Dems?

To the topic, Jeb Bush would be wise to pick Romney as his running mate, IMO. I wouldn't vote for them, but it makes a pretty strong Republican ticket. Stronger than any of the others.
edit on 1/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Is this is a meeting Where Jeb can play lets make a deal with Romney so he won't run for president? And that way he can have more of the establishment support?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You mean that the GOP is working together on a strategy to advance their party?
How dare they!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Mitt Romney is not going to be on the ticket as President or VP. He might get a Secretary of State or some type job, but he won't be on the ticket. It serves no purpose to have him there.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
How dare they!

I can guarantee you that some heavy hitters in the Tparty, Christian far Right and Paulistas don't see this union as advancing the party. This could give a 3rd party the impetus they need to make a challenge to the RNC.

This match up won't be near as entertaining as Palin/McCain. Perhaps the 3rd party can draft up some extremest to spice things up a bit; maybe even Sarah again; she still has a huge following of loyal devotees. That would be cool! Palin/Cruz....yeah!!!

edit on 22-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I agree with you. My hunch is this meeting was called so Jeb Bush can tell ask Romney not to run. Of all the candidates, they are the two most likely courting the same voters.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How dare they!

I can guarantee you that some heavy hitters in the Tparty, Christian far Right and Paulistas don't see this union as advancing the party. This could give a 3rd party the impetus they need to make a challenge to the RNC.

This match up won't be near as entertaining as Palin/McCain. Perhaps the 3rd party can draft up some extremest to spice things up a bit; maybe even Sarah; she still has a huge following of devotees. That would be cool!

A third party will only get the democrats elected. Ross Perot put Clinton in the whitehouse in 1992.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

How dare they!

No one has even suggested that there's anything wrong with them working on a strategy together... Feeling a little defensive?

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Mitt Romney is not going to be on the ticket as President or VP.

You're probably right. Mitt wouldn't take anything but the top spot. But I can see the "Mutt and Jeb" comments now.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not really. Sure the Republicans are scattered all over the spectrum like a shotgun blast, but when it comes down to who's running in the general election -- ALL Republicans will vote for whoever gets nominated.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

To the topic, Jeb Bush would be wise to pick Romney as his running mate, IMO. I wouldn't vote for them, but it makes a pretty strong Republican ticket. Stronger than any of the others.

I wouldn't either.

Two RINO's.

The country still has Bush 'fatigue' to put it nicely, and well Romney.

God help us.

What many people fail to see is we republicans don't want RINOS.

One would think the last 2 presidential elections they would figure out why they lost.

They lost by playing 'moderate'.

edit on 22-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Defensive?
No.
I just don't see what the big deal is about the story.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Is this is a meeting Where Jeb can play lets make a deal with Romney so he won't run for president? And that way he can have more of the establishment support?

No it's more like a meeting where they are discussing how to knock all the non-establishment candidates out of the running without cannibalizing each other.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Defensive?
No.
I just don't see what the big deal is about the story.

They big deal is that they are strategizing about how to knock all the non-establishment candidates out without killing each other.

So basically, we get the two crappy candidates to choose from. Two guys who certainly don't believe in limited government, constitutional values. WooHoo!

Let's just hand Hillary or, worse, Warren the election.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep, and they'll lose if they do it again. The conservatives who went and stomached a vote for Romney just to be "anti obama" aren't gonna be worried about who ever is on the dem ticket in 2016. They'll be like "well we are still here after Obama" and no amount of scar tactics will be enough. The Conservatives I know want to vote FOR someone this election, and aren't going to be willing to be used as an ANTI vote this time around.
edit on 1/22/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

link   

A third party will only get the democrats elected. Ross Perot put Clinton in the whitehouse in 1992.

If Bush had of chosen anyone other than Dan Quayle as vp the faithful would not have supported Perot.

Quayle sunk the ship not Ross.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly! It's like a strategy session to discover how much of their base they can alienate THIS time.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
People have had their memories wiped apparently…

As if it matters who 'presides'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join