It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Happy Where You Are

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
sometimes when i'm worried i catch myself going,Oo, oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. then i rummage through my cd's and play this tune.

and if i reallly want to simile
i watch the video, works every time.

Don't worry, be happy

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

For me, that quote sums it up.
But that is just me, and I like to keep things simple.

Try taking something pesky up by the nap of the neck and putting a foot to its azz once in awhile. Brings me great joy and peace within. It really does.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Whatever works for you!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Ummm...I totally agree...with this qualifier...
As long as what your putting a foot up the backside of...are those scratchy voices that coerce negativity...that tell you your too weak...your too addicted...your too afraid...
Come to think of it...those scratchy voices sound suspiciously like your own...

That means my good friend that you'd be busily kicking your own arse.....and that's just got to be a YouTube moment...KWIM...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
New and interesting thread. Might give some insight into those with anxiety/depression.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Life is what you make it, some wallow in the misery and mud they create and thats where they are happy. Sad.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Good point.
First and foremost, seek and be Saved by the Mighty Grace and Blood of Jesus Christ and you will see the difference. Praise the Lord

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Thank you for that Dear Friend. I hope it helps those trapped. You are a shinning star.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

That was very well communicated ... more ?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Confucius said: "No matter where you go - there you are"

You need to be happy wherever you are because you can't run away from yourself. Where would you go?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

That was very well communicated ... more ?

More? well this video always makes me feel better. It took me a while to work out, a few watches, but it helps me take the pressure off the need to feel happy if I'm not feeling happy.id be interested to hear your take.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

A nice message in there - it's ok to just be ...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: calstorm

As callous as it sounds, what's done is done.

You can't undo it.

You are still alive; give yourself permission to be happy.

Moreover, your children would WANT that, wouldn't they?

Callous is right. We're taught that when a piece of us is ripped away we shouldn't hobble. We should move along. "Why don't you walk straight and move on" we're told. Our loss and our feelings related to that make us human. Though most of those I see around me have lost their humanity.

Grief is part of the healing process. But honestly grief is handled poorly by those around us. Maybe they feel insecure, thinking it could have been them instead of us. Empathy is a rarity and seen as a sign of weakness instead of understanding and strength.

Humanity as a general whole doesn't reach out and work together very well.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
Failure to move on. Then what. You become defined by your tragedy. Your life stops. I am more than the things I have endured, or the things that have happened to me. Life is more than suffering. Yes there are times when suffering is great. Times when joy is not even looked for. My situation went on for years. I learned to find happiness where I could.

How is my being able to find joy in the midst of sorrow and hardship, a threat to anyone, or indifference to the suffering of others?

There is no bouncing, there is resilience, there is wanting more than being a tragic figure people pity.

I am sorry for the man's family who committed suicide.

I am sorry for the starving and homeless and the children who cannot play.

I am sorry for those who think I am somehow attacking them by suggesting they have the power to choose how they see things.

There are times when people are hit by life experiences that disable them. Things past the point of self-healing. It's times like those that we set aside our judgement, our platitudes, our sayings, and reach out to lend a hand of support.

No one is saying that a tragedy defines and stops a persons life unless those tragedies aren't properly healed by the support of others around the person going through it. There are times we help a crippled person up stairs. We don't admonish them with sayings and platitudes of good cheer and hope they reach the top of the steps themselves. Or tell them to think positively and they will get up those stairs. No, we actively take a part in helping them. Sometimes disabilities come in the form of money-disabled, hope disabled, etc. Real disabilities that are harder to see and understand. Disabilities with every bit as real of an impact. A disability where the person is stuck in that position, just as surely as a crippled person is stuck in their wheelchair, and needs help to reach the top of the stairs.

edit on 28-1-2015 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

This thread is not about grief. Having said that, even in grief there are moments of laughter. Right after my son died, a bunch of us stood around in the kitchen and told stories about him. We celebrated his life, and we laughed. I grieved 7 years. Everyone is different. In order to be healthy at some point life has to become about living and not so much about what has been lost.

People attempt and are supportive imho. After some time passes most of them move on, having their own problems to deal with, not being interested so much in yours. This is the way of the world. It moves on. Everyone has the option of being stuck and holding at a moment of great tragedy, it is not realistic to expect others to stay stuck with you, nor is it fair to them.

Sooner or later for me anyway, I had to let myself heal, and realize I am alive and I am glad for that. I will still have times when grief overwhelms me, I don't have to let it be my life.

In addition, it is not right to base your own mental and emotional health on what others do or do not. You and you alone are responsible for your own state of being. It is wonderful being loved, it is wonderful being supported, it is not a requirement.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You're missing my points. It's not just about grief. I applaud that you had support, but many do not get the deep and extended support needed. I am also sorry for your loss and the grief you retain is a testament to the love you had for your son, and for not being able to see him again until you pass.

Reread my comments carefully. I repeat my point at the end of every post of mine. If you had lost your job, lost your family ties, lost your home and had no real help…that is the situation many face and cannot come out of it alone. For some only a single event of these is debilitating enough.

My exact point again is…Humanity as a general whole doesn't reach out and work together very well.

Translation: That helplessness is why people turn to drugs, alcohol, suicide, etc. Platitudes, cheerful sayings, etc. is not a hand out to help but an excuse (only lip service) to say you tried to help but you really walked away. Positive thinking doesn't pay the bills or stop bankruptcy or IRS liens.

edit on 28-1-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Surely, my good woman, you have found first a peace with yourself and in your part in the physical world and now in the beyond too.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Miss you Puddin' Chops

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join