It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older ladies. Some/Most guys don't get it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I have been guiding someone, she is 13 going on 24. She truly amazes me, I am highly intelligent and I am 100% positive she will run rings around me soon enough. She maintains a gpa of at least 3.5 at all times, she has wisdom far beyond her years.

The things I hear about her classmates and friends, the things she sees.. I can't believe my ears sometimes.
She has anger problems as she is passionate about everything she does, something I understand. As anger and violence are normal in people in her age group I have been showing her another way. I don't want her walking down the same path her friends have gone down.

You are very right, there are old souls at all ages.
I too am at my point of choosing, I think I will sit on my hands a while and just observe the world a bit though.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I love this, it's funny, cute, and true. I shared it with my friend whose boyfriend recently cheated on her with (and left her for) a girl half their age. They are 44 and the skank is 22. The guy said to my friend that he wanted to be with someone fitter and that she (my friend) was taking too long to lose the weight she has been trying to do! I couldn't believe someone could be that way!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Sorry, this is really a heart breaking, i think you should talk to each other again and try to convince your male partner.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Decided to give this a bump cause it is just plain fun and always makes this older lady feel good.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Getting older is weird. My attitudes about it sort of go up and down each day.

Sometimes I am very appreciative of my age - I have gained wisdom, become more easy going with time, become much less of a pain in the ass. My husband lay his head on my shoulder in the theater yesterday, and I was thinking about how I'm someone he can depend on now... I'm his rock, whereas when I was young I leaned on him.

I also had had a very gorgeous man probably at least ten years younger than I trying to get my attention earlier in the day, and I had been left wondering - why? What does he find attractive?

Perhaps it is the same thing that attracts young women to older men - the sense that they are capable of providing emotional security?

Except the guy at the gym the other day - I am pretty sure he does nothing with his life but work out, and saw me drive up in a big BMW and figured a sugar momma is needed to support him while he grooms his muscles all day.

I have had a friend who has always been kind of jealous of me because she feels I am prettier than her (not true in any objective way, just her opinion) and she found out I went through early menopause. Spent the other weekend with her and her husband, and she made jokes about her periods just about once every hour... just to make the point she has them still and I don't. I thought it was sort of sad and funny. Sad because it was a friend who was trying to hurt my feelings, funny because she has no idea how much better it is to not have those anymore! I don't regret my state at all!!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Sometimes I am very appreciative of my age - I have gained wisdom, become more easy going with time, become much less of a pain in the ass. My husband lay his head on my shoulder in the theater yesterday, and I was thinking about how I'm someone he can depend on now... I'm his rock, whereas when I was young I leaned on him.

I also had had a very gorgeous man probably at least ten years younger than I trying to get my attention earlier in the day, and I had been left wondering - why? What does he find attractive?

Perhaps it is the same thing that attracts young women to older men - the sense that they are capable of providing emotional security?

Except the guy at the gym the other day - I am pretty sure he does nothing with his life but work out, and saw me drive up in a big BMW and figured a sugar momma is needed to support him while he grooms his muscles all day.

I have had a friend who has always been kind of jealous of me because she feels I am prettier than her (not true in any objective way, just her opinion) and she found out I went through early menopause. Spent the other weekend with her and her husband, and she made jokes about her periods just about once every hour... just to make the point she has them still and I don't. I thought it was sort of sad and funny. Sad because it was a friend who was trying to hurt my feelings, funny because she has no idea how much better it is to not have those anymore! I don't regret my state at all!!

Well, I am hearing much of what you say.

I was dependent on my ex early on but in later years he was very dependent on me, which was okay. For about 8 of the 11 years we have been divorced I still did his taxes.

And yes, with age comes wisdom and patience. My how I wish it was all there when younger. And yes, we can appreciate what we are now but still remember our younger selves and wish...

Since my divorce the vast majority of the men who have been interested...or at least expressed their interest have been younger...some much younger...I had children their age. But who wants to raise another child...thinking they are looking for experienced women...don't know. Many hung around for years though I gave them no hope...couldn't lead someone on.

Never saw myself as pretty...attractive (with makeup) but not pretty. Yet, I have men tell me I am the most beautiful person in the place. In early twenties a young man I knew told me I was one of the 2 most beautiful women on our side of town. Course you know I was 2nd. Still, I didn't know what to think of that, but remembered.

Well, I am way too old to care anymore, cause the only person I was ever going to love moved on. Tho he does drive by my house on occassion...4 times that I know of.

As for your friend, she's missing something inside. If that is a picture of you...you are beautiful. But, as you know, what is inside comes through on the outside. I have read your posts ( don't remember if I agreed or not) but you are intelligent and confident. And remember "confidence is very sexy". Jealousy comes out in petty ways...that is your friend. Hope you are careful in your talks with her.

I have had single 60+ year old women treat me with disdain...one even looked at me as she was walking by and turned away with her nose in the air...jr. high? I recall in high school thinking about some of the snobbish people...thinking when they got older and grow up and be different. Not many did.

I am 70 and alone now and don't really care anymore.

Glad to know you Bluesma

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Maybe it's the Oedipus complex, maybe it's simply that some women gets a lot of more charm when they get older, but not all. As you said, some are on the lookout for a sugar mommy, but others are simply attracted to the conforting wisdom of an older women...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As requested, it appears they have made a video for the older men.

"I'll be your honey . . .
. . . never expire"

- Psy

A lot of lovely older ladies in the video as well.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Really, nowadays many men prefer elder women) I've known about it after reading kovla.com... , that's why it's normal and everyone have their reason to except it)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Older ladies got it going on

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

LOL!

We're still hot....it just comes in flashes now.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL Nice one.

But yeah...something very appealing and sexy about an older lady.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

OH My Gosh,

Thank you for the chuckle.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

'I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity"

--Albert Einstein

In the five or six years since my last relationship ended, I have been feasting on my "delicious solitude". At 61, I don't see that changing anytime soon or ever.

My 20's were spent desperate for love and sex and human contact and being partnered and with that came a lot of drama, trial and error sleeping around and self discovery. At 30, a guy just sort of fell into my life and I spent the next dozen years, my best years, as a faithful, loving wife. It has been 20 years since we divorced but still remain caring friends. He was three years younger but that never mattered.

Since then, I have had a fling or two and two five-year live together relationships, about five years apart both with significantly younger people. One ended when I was left for someone younger and the other I ended because crazy. I am so done with relationships and people regardless of their age it isn't funny.

It is freedom to live without the drive or desire to be with someone else. It is wonderful to be alone but not feel lonely or feel like I have to be with someone to be happy. It has taken a lifetime to arrive here.

Sure, it would be nice to have someone help share the load or a circle of good friends or family or any sort of interaction beyond electronically but I was an only child with some serious problems that got moved around a lot and was never any good at making friends anyway so being alone is no great stranger.

A certain wisdom does come with age and experience and the voices and stories of other mature women have gained in significance and become more appreciated as I've joined that demographic and sought to define my peers. It's weird though, I still feel like a kid.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Older ladies got it going on

Have you been peeking in my windows again?

Des...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

OMG the video is great.
Yes, dear, I can relate.

I can totally relate.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Have you been peeking in my windows again?

Des...

Um....er..... no...

*whistles and skulks away*

edit on 11/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join