It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

120 million year old civilisations...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
hey i came across this story, it's over 2 years old but i found it very interesting.
here is the link: www.mysteriousearth.com...

if you can't be bothered to go there i'll tell you a little about it. it's a map carved in to stone that is so detalied it would stand well against our maps today. the language used on the stone is unknown. the only dated material of the map are two shells which are believed to be 120 to 500 million years old. is it not possible that a more advanced civilisation that we thought would be impossible actually existed 120 million years ago? maybe there was no commit that hit the planet, prehaps it was these civilisations that wiped most of the dinosaurs and species out. not to far fetched from the way we are making many animals extinct today. that would certainly be a good point as to why we still have many things that survived like crocodiles, sharks etc. this could be a new way of looking at life. maybe there have been 1000s of these advanced civilisations that have come and gone over the millions of years. we can only guess and search for the answers, but with finds like this maybe this theory is not too far fetched.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
There were two markers on the map, one was 120 million years old and one was 500 million years old. You didn't even read the article you posted.

We're very happy to go out on a limb and proclaim this is a terribly silly conclusion. C'mon people: this map, while an intriguing find, was not made during the mid Cretaceous -- not unless time travelers or aliens did the work! That the map-makers used fossilized shells as markers on the map tells us nothing of the age of the map, with the possible exception of proving that the map was made sometime in the past 120 million years after the most recent fossilation had taken place. Are we supposed to believe that a person living 120 million years ago embedded a live specimen along with a 380 million year old shellfish fossil? Think, people! As Chuvyrov himself drolly explains: "The map's creator probably used a petrified find."

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
well this ancient civilisation, i dont think would of been mammals persuming its true, because they just werent around those times, or if they where, thet would of all been small rodents. and nothing complex
120million years ago was the Cretaceous Period, in the Mesozoic Era, this world was rules by repitles.
So lets just say for a seconds that it is true. Lets persume this advance civilisation evolved in this period and wasnt a time/interdimensional/planet traveler. It would of more than likly of been an advanced repitle. Maybe the same course of evolution as the repitilains with similiar biological makeup? my only other guess besides repitles would of been some giant bug. But i highly highly doubt it. I dont think a bug would of gotten this big. OR could they? lol, anyone seen the movie Starship Troopers. They where pritty big....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
shbaz?? are you insane, ofcourse i read the article. i said the two shells that were found on the map were the only datable evidence. they are believed to be fossilised shells of some sort, although this could mean that the map was made yesterday and someone found the shells and put them on there. however, the material and way the map is made of is unknown to conventional methods. and just because large reptiles roamed the earth 120 million years ago does not mean a human type civilisation couldn't live in co-existance with them. it is very farfetched but our knowledge of history millions of years ago is mostly guess work anyway, this is just another of the many theories of what could have been. also if those shells were placed after the map was made then this map is maybe one of the greatest hoax artifacts ever, which is why i think there is more to it than just a simple hoax.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by shaunybaby]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Did anyone play Doom 3 they have a bit where they discover these stone tablets of a civ that predates humanity etc. Anyone have a pic of these stones?

E_T

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
maybe there was no commit that hit the planet, prehaps it was these civilisations that wiped most of the dinosaurs and species out.
And who "overclocked atoms" little too much and caused Chicxulub crater?

Dinosaurs were undisputable rulers of Earth for 150 million years, and at that time only thing other species could do was hide or run. There wouldn't have been any changes for evolution of human kind specie because anything much bigger than rat couldn't have done anything else than run.

PS. Are you sure you're from England because spelling word comet looks like to be so hard?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... I wonder why no one is considering the highly obvious conclusion: That many dating methods in use are highly flawed and give preposterous answers... answers that often don't make sense, as this quite possibly illustrates.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
shbaz?? are you insane, ofcourse i read the article.

No, I'm not insane. Presumably, after reading the paragraph I posted you wouldn't title this, "120 million year old civilisations..." which is misleading, at best. You're not selling newspapers, you know.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
what about having it instead of '120 million year old civilisations...' i could change it to '120 million year old civilisations?...' better?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thisis the russian map right? Its supposed to be an 'accurate topographic map' of central asia/asia right? From 120 million years ago or whatever right? But back then asia was vastly different from what it is now. And just what makes the 'map' 'so accurate'?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think its the work of the Lizard People. I honestly believed they evolved from velocilrapters. I once looked in a dinosaur book and saw a picture of what rapters would have evolved into if they werent whiped out. It looked exactly like the Lizard People. So maybe it wasnt a meteor. Maybe it was an A bomb. If thats true then we owe our exhistance to them.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Croat56]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
im not actually too sure where they get the idea that the map is as detailed as ones we have today. i haven't seen any close up pictures of the map either to suggest this would be true, who knows maybe it was all one big hoax

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This has been frequently discussed on the board.

The original story comes from Pravda, which is a Russian tabloid. They report on things like Bat Boy and six headed spiders and visits to the Kremlin from aliens with hollow heads.

That's a piece of ancient shore line.

Thread closed -- if you want to leap in and defend Pravda as a reliable news source, please do so on one of the other threads devoted to this.

new topics

top topics

join