It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Not Found at Ohio University -- All Clear -- Brinks Driver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So the man with a gun was a Brinks driver? Just Wow! Reminds me of a time about a year ago when our local university campus was locked-down because someone saw a member of the rifle team entering the practice facility with a rifle case and called the cops! Then, within days, a man was taken down by cops while removing a case from his trunk that to some folks looked like it might contain a gun. It was his pool cue.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I can understand your reasoning on that.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: cavtrooper7

They can only try to divide us we have to make those choices for ourselves.

Seems we already have!

Take a look around! I am getting up there in age and have NEVER IN MY LIFE, seen my country as divided as it is now!

Shall we create MORE laws?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

So I mentioned gun rights. You obviously misunderstood the intention of my post. Hence the 'blah blah blah' on BOTH sides for gun rights. What I'm saying is the discussion is useless, it gets nowhere as both sides love shouting their views but seem to lack the ears. I kept that part of my post minimal for a reason, it lacks importance and solves nothing.

What I then said was lets focus on the people who are trapped by this gunman and the torment the families are going through, which I can not comprehend how that must feel as a parent or how they manage to cope. I'd rather we just turn the focus that way if we can and avoid the gun issue. So yeah, I technically mentioned gun rights so that we could avoid it, hence my way of how I addressed it. Maybe it was a little too subtle?

But for the sake of keeping focus - can we just agree it's a non issue without jumping and pointing?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

More laws will bring us together.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's living in fantasy land. What we have to do is be prepared as a society to quickly, swiftly and decisively deal with these situations as they arise, and they WILL arise.

Doesn't matter if you eliminate all manufactured weapons or ban toothbrushes. This fartsy artsy bull# that we need to connect emotionally to make everyone happy is just that.... BULL#...

IT will take millennia to get even close to the type cohesiveness you are referring to, if it is even possible at all.

Let's deal with today and tomorrow, not what MIGHT be possible in several hundred or thousand years.

Jaden
edit on 22-1-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

So you're a gun control advocate who would like to focus on the emotional trauma that a "gun wielder" is inflicting on the families and friends of "victims" as opposed to a possible solution that can save lives??

Typical.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

HAHAa I can tell you how I would feel as a parent in that situation, I'd be pissed at the people who prevented my child from being able to defend themselves from lunatics... (Not that a brinks armed guard is a lunatic...lol) This just shows who the lunatics really are...

The fools who are pissing their pants at the sight of a bb gun are the real lunatics that should be locked up.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You are insane, unless you mean more laws will bring us together in concentration/re-education camps???

Jaden

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This was a brinks guard and people go bat crazy?

Now watch out for the next terror attack to have people dressed up like Brinks guards !!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stonecutter45

This is my hometown too! Small world!!! I had family there at the time. It was terrifying to think something like that could happen here.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Wow. Typical? Ok, I don't remember saying I'm a gun control advocate. In fact rather than being ignorant I can see both sides reasons and whatever my views are - are frankly worth naught anyway. I guess now that the situation has been resolved safely we can visit the gun issue seeing as people just can't let it die.

For the record, have your guns America, it's your bed now.
If you must know I think the problem is the constant spouting off of "What will you do when some fool shows up on your door packing?" type talk that starts planting a seed.
Then the movies, culture, tv, music, news built upon that fear and terror that greatly compound problems. But the worse part is the actions and militarisation of the police force over there.

So what you end up with is a seed and 'fight or flight' instincts in an endless arms race. Every country has thugs and crims, it's part of life. I knew a lad growing up who knocked off houses - his method was to run like crap. In the end he got caught, safely. However, in the US those identical type crims are thinking about how tough the cops are. Cops that keep upping their fire-power to match the crims. So that simple minded burglar needs a gun, self preservation you see.

So the American people are in an arms race against their own race, sadly and hopelessly tragic in my eyes. Cop shootings occur practically every day, which I think is despicable, but at the same time I understand how scared those cops must be knowing the type of weapons they run into in their line of work.
They have kids at home, I'd more than likely have to do the same especially if some crim type ran around the back of a house and you see him put his hand in his jacket. I'd be around that corner with a loaded gun ready to go as well.

Actions fueled by the most primitive of emotions purely to survive.
I think it's far too late to bring an entire nation to change it's gun culture now sadly. Perhaps if the cops were disarmed? Well, the guns are so ubiquitous out there I can't imagine many wives happy to let hubby go to work unarmed (or viceversa). But I sure as heck don't see cops agreeing to that, hell I sure wouldn't knowing what would still be out there.

Then there are the gangs, they sure as heck are not about to agree to some gun amnesty.

So in conclusion, yeah I focused on the the parents and captives emotional state because it seemed far more important than yet another 'gun debate'.
If you think you can solve the issue then don't let me stop you, go for it sir I wish you well whatever side of the brick wall you want to bash your head on, I just think the issue is far greater than 'guns' alone. Best of luck to you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join