It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. Moving to Clear Ferguson Officer of Civil Rights Charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Grand Jury's very rarely indict cops because the prosecutors are always close to and work closely with those same cops and police force for the other 99.9% of their career.

Except it is exact opposite of what you just said. While not a direct comparison, one can generally say it follows: Federal Grand Juries typically end up in an indictment -- which, while could be considered a fallacy -- State Grand Juries follow...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

Grand Jury's very rarely indict cops because the prosecutors are always close to and work closely with those same cops and police force for the other 99.9% of their career.

Except it is exact opposite of what you just said. While not a direct comparison, one can generally say it follows: Federal Grand Juries typically end up in an indictment -- which, while could be considered a fallacy -- State Grand Juries follow...

Confused...The FBI investigated, probed...They DID NOT open a Federal Grand Jury.

The Grand Jury that investigated the Ferguson shooting was specifically local... St. Louis County Grand Jury

What did the St. Louis County grand jury decide in the Michael Brown shooting?

This St. Louis County Grand Jury decided to return no bill of indictment against Officer Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown. This grand jury did not decide that a crime did or did not take place. Another grand jury could return a different outcome should the matter be re-introduced at a later time.

Contrary to much of the media presentation, a grand jury decision is not a “verdict.” A petit jury at a trial after hearing all the evidence returns a verdict (ver-truth; dict-statement, i.e. a statement of truth). A grand jury either true bills or no bills an indictment. Grand juries never return verdicts.

www.law.columbia.edu...

What was unusual about the grand jury proceedings in the Michael Brown shooting?
Everything.
For example, the transcripts show that the prosecutors cross-examined potential prosecution witnesses, probing for inconsistencies in their testimony. They were openly skeptical of the testimony of others.

The subject of the grand jury proceeding, Darren Wilson, presented four hours of testimony at the outset of the Grand Jury proceeding.[8] Mr. Wilson was not rigorously cross-examined, while other witnesses were subject to extensive and aggressive cross-examination.

An Assistant District Attorney gave inaccurate and misleading instructions to the Grand Jury at the beginning of the proceeding regarding controlling law on whether officers can kill a fleeing suspect without considering the officer’s fear of life. She cited a Missouri statute that had been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1985.[9] She corrected the record weeks after citing the wrong statute and long after Officer Wilson had testified.

The prosecutors did not suggest which charges the grand jury should consider, instead leaving it to the grand jurors to decide.

www.law.columbia.edu...

Also..in the case of local Grand Juries the Prosecutor is close to and depends on the same police force he is prosecuting..

In many jurisdictions, a grand jury often is convened to review every police-involved homicide. A prosecutor who, while accountable to an electorate, must also rely on the police department to bring him cases, will frequently find it very useful to attribute a decision not to bring criminal charges to the grand jury. This means that police shootings will sometimes be presented to a grand jury in a situation where, had a civilian been involved, the prosecutor would have made no presentation.

www.law.columbia.edu...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Indigo5

What did Wilson lie about?
I must have missed something.

His specific lie, which infers a different sequence and cause of events, centered on recognizing Michael brown as a suspect before reversing the car.

When interviewed by his commanding officer at the station immediately after the shooting he clearly stated he did not know what Michael Brown was clutching in his hand. He made no mention of recognizing Michael Brown as a suspect in the strong arm robbery. This is on record.

In Grand Jury Testimony and other accounts there after, Officer Wilson told the story where after Michael Brown had passed him on the street he recognized Michael Brown as a suspect because he was clutching a handful of Cigars and was wearing a "White Shirt" as was reported on his radio...

SO what prompted him to back up and confront Michael Brown...some truth that was much less noble or convenient...likely ego and wanting to play the tough guy...likely Michael Brown not appearing to fear or respect him sufficiently.

It speaks to Wilson's disposition at the time and certainly shows he was willing to lie to present the story in a more favorable light for himself.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I donated money to his defense fund I'm glad he got off👍

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: IntastellaBurst

I think the point many miss is that lack of evidence is not lack of guilt...

I don't know the whole truth of what happened that day with officer Wilson and Brown, but I do know with a measure of certainty that the grand Jury was stacked with nonsense witnesses while harder evidence was ignored or not emphasized...and both the witnesses and Wilson lied about what happened.

Wait. You don't know, but you do know?

You just sort of contradicted yourself there.

A more proper statement would be: I don't know what happened with any real certainty, but I FEEL that something stinks.

And as we all know, in today's world, facts and logic are meaningless if you FEEL something to be the case.

edit on 23-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Page 209 of Officer Wilson's Grand Jury testimony..

When I start looking at Brown, when I start looking at his hands, first thing I notice is that his hand is full of Ciggarillos.
That's when it clicked.
I looked in the mirror and saw that Johnson was wearing a Black Shirt that's when it clicked that these were the two from the stealing

Dorian Johnson was in fact wearing a black shirt...but that was never mentioned in the dispatch call describing the subjects...they only mentioned Michael Brown's White shirt...

The first cop to question Officer Wilson...Said Wilson made no mention of recognizing them as suspects and said Wilson did not know what Michael Brown was clutching in his hand.

Wilson’s initial interview with the detective conflicts with information given in later testimony.

In his first interview with the detective, just hours after Brown’s death, Wilson didn’t claim to have any knowledge that Brown was suspected of stealing cigarillos from a nearby convenience store. The only mention of cigarillos he made to the detective was a recollection of the call about the theft that had come across his radio and that provided a description of the suspect.

Wilson also told the detective that Brown had passed something off to his friend before punching Wilson in the face. At the time, the detective said, Wilson didn’t know what the item was, referring to it only as “something.” In subsequent interviews and testimony, however, Wilson claimed that he knew Brown’s hands were full of cigarillos and that fact eventually led him to believe Brown may have been a suspect in the theft.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: IntastellaBurst

I think the point many miss is that lack of evidence is not lack of guilt...

I don't know the whole truth of what happened that day with officer Wilson and Brown, but I do know with a measure of certainty that the grand Jury was stacked with nonsense witnesses while harder evidence was ignored or not emphasized...and both the witnesses and Wilson lied about what happened.

Wait. You don't know, but you do know?

You just sort of contradicted yourself there.

Only for those incapable of cognition...knowing something is untrue is not the same as knowing what the full truth is.

Example: Knowing that you did not commit a crime, is not the same as knowing who did.

What are you missing?

Wilson changed his story...and claimed things like recognizing them as suspects based on Dispatch descriptions that logs show were not given...

SO..I know Wilson lied...but I don't know what actually happened?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721

I donated money to his defense fund I'm glad he got off👍

Nothing personal, but why should I care?

Strange...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Darren Wilson's account would be credible if Michael Brown had gained limitless superhuman strength after an accident with gamma radiation.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Who said I wanted you to care lol?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Are you high did you see the size of micheal brown? Have you ever been in an actual fight with a much bigger opponent? When the adrenaline gets going it can be unbelievable how strong the avg size person can get much less a big boy like micheal brown!

Amazing cop who serves the public for 6 years as public servant = lier
18 year old thug who just commited strong arm Robbery = victim 🙈
I got an idea how bout we have all white cops in white neighborhoods and all blacks cops in black neighborhoods lets see what racist al sharpton would do then Everytime a black cop shot a black thug lol😄😄😄
edit on 23-1-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

I dare libs to keep giving white officers a hard time one day they will just turn in their badges and move out of big cities then all hell will break lose if I sound crazy well I never thought I would see the day they turned thier backs on the mayor multiple times the way they did keep it up people we will see who has the last laugh when minority's are stuck in big cities killing each other ! You have to understand whites are very adaptable we can live anywhere keep pushing on us and we will pack up and leave move to Midwest and big cities will be utterly screwed!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721
a reply to: rupertg

Are you high did you see the size of micheal brown? Have you ever been in an actual fight with a much bigger opponent? When the adrenaline gets going it can be unbelievable how strong the avg size person can get much less a big boy like micheal brown!

Amazing cop who serves the public for 6 years as public servant = lier
18 year old thug who just commited strong arm Robbery = victim 🙈
I got an idea how bout we have all white cops in white neighborhoods and all blacks cops in black neighborhoods lets see what racist al sharpton would do then Everytime a black cop shot a black thug lol😄😄😄
I dare libs to keep giving white officers a hard time one day they will just turn in their badges and move out of big cities then all hell will break lose if I sound crazy well I never thought I would see the day they turned thier backs on the mayor multiple times the way they did keep it up people we will see who has the last laugh when minority's are stuck in big cities killing each other ! You have to understand whites are very adaptable we can live anywhere keep pushing on us and we will pack up and leave move to Midwest and big cities will be utterly screwed!

To be direct...your post seems to be hyperbole, baiting and nonsense..

The only thing I learned from your post is that you apparently love to "hear" yourself.

Nothing really interesting there. Just a self-congratulatory post filled with cheeky ignorance and racism.

....Yawn...Another ignoramus skin-head wannabe clicking away in his parents basement..

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sorry not in parents basement been working since I was 10 yrs old now I'm 42 years old married with an 18 year old attending seatle pacific university that I pay 30 thousand a year out of my pocket so he can get his pre med done I have a house and 3 cars so nope sorry I'm not a loser living in parents so don't judge me if you don't know me! Darren Wilson got his day in court in front of a grand jury full of big boys and girls who are taxpayers unlike you you little twit!lol is hyperbole a new word you learned on Google to make yourself sound smart you liberal twit?

You see big boys and girls who are responsible get jobs and don't rob stores for blunts and then attack police officers ! Lol now everything that is common sense that even a monkey should know is hyperbole🙈

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Just wondering... would you link to an article in "the Enquirer" as a source?

Cause, frankly, the Daily Mail is not a whole lot different.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tiberius10721

You seem desperate to have anonymous strangers be impressed with you?

This is not personal when I say...I neither trust your description of yourself nor have any reason to care.

You have entered a discussion contributing nothing but poorly attempted baiting and trolling. You would do well for yourself to reflect as to what is motivating you. Life is long and things get better.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Darren Wilson's account would be credible if Michael Brown had gained limitless superhuman strength after an accident with gamma radiation.

Yeah, Wilson is such an underdog in this story, right? 2 armed officers against an unarmed person.
edit on 28-1-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join