It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Unique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The human race is unique in the universe.

And there are very very few humans that are alive. Only around 7 billion.

To be born a human makes you not only a unique being, but gives you a very fortunate position in the universe. You have thinking ability, and you have the ability to discern language, to learn, and to teach.

If you are reading this, you are most likely a human, and for that very reason, you are a very special person.

Everyone like you who is alive and human is also a special person.

Remember that.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well nobody's nobody then right

Not everybody shares you belief tho, as you see in the news nowadays.

Evil prevails when good man fails to act,,,Were the good men at, at the moment.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
we just don't understand.a reply to: iNobody

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
we just don't understand.a reply to: iNobody

That is because you are human. You understand, sometimes what you are taught. And most are not taught love, or how special you are. But you are. And so is everyone else.

That too can be learned, and understood. But sometimes, it takes someone to show you.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I understand but why is there a reason to be unique in the first place?
We are all born in specific situations, which have much influence, pretty much dominate the evolvement of our identity. So maybe if I was born with a father who is a murderer and teaches me its good. We cannot chose (as far as we know) where we are born. However one could also be born as the the son of Alexander the Great or someone like that.

My point is: before we were born, everyone is equal (not including the theory of karma if you would like too). So why is there is overwelming urge to be unique in this world?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Enock47

To answer your question as to why there is an overwhelming urge to be unqiue.

Quite the opposite is true. Most people want to blend in and be the same as everyone else. For example how often do you find a person in the United States, born in the US and raised in the US walking around with a big beard and mustache and robe?

I guess it may happen, but not everyone is trying it.

Or how about kids at school. Do people like talking, dressing, acting different, or do they try to 'blend in' as the saying goes?

People don't want to be unique, or try to be unique. But everyone is. Everyone has their own talents, own weaknesses.

Being a human makes you unique in the universe whether you like it or not. Many people have egos and there are prideful and even arrogant people. But even the most humble are unique. Perhaps the most unique of all. Pride and arrogance are default defects in the human race. It is very rare for a person to be born humble, or to try to put on the cloth of humility.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Isn't this rudimentary?

I mean we all know we are each unique - fingerprints, and furthermore - DNA proves it.

Unless your an identical twin of course, but even then, I think their fingerprints are unique unto themselves. Natures way of encoding each of us uniquely into this universe. Also helps identify the the evil among us - fingerprints and DNA.

So yep, we're each unique. With the scientific capability of identifying our uniqueness - and holding people responsible for their action through their very own uniqueness. Is that Universal irony? Thank goodness for it.

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Thank you for the reply.

And yes, I have an identical twin.

While it may seem rudimentary to you, there is a lack of love in the world. So many are so full of themselves, or prejudices that were learned that they stop to see the full beauty of every human that is alive. Everyone.

If that were not the case, there would be no war, no hatred, no racism.

So while you may see this as rudimentary, it is something many people have yet to learn.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

She is beautiful. The girl in your photo. So - do you and your brother have unique fingerprints?

While the idea of utopia is novel - I'm of the belief this world - is a testing ground. It's a world of trial and strife, with brief times of true happiness and contentment. So cherish those moments and treasure them. But if your very good in this material incarnation - you may find your place of love, peace, and total bliss on passing from it. That's a bit too tame for me. I'm quite sure I'll reincarnate - if I have a choice - on an alien world.

Otherwise, I cannot make sense of the world - except to believe there is rhyme and reason for the suffering, violence, and injustice. We are just in a place where we are blinded to that rhyme and reason. It's not just Earth you know or humans, that are violent and destructive. The very whole of the entire Universe births itself out of chaos.

CdT

edit on 21-1-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar fix

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Yes, I realize that the universe is a violent place.

We are set apart though. We have thought. We don't have to be.

As far as my twin, I don't know. Interesting question, I never asked it, and never have found out. Sorry.

But thank you for taking your time to explain yourself. I understand where you are coming from. I too once wondered much about why there is so much suffering and why people have to die.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ah, you see - there is where you and I differ.

I believe all things in this universe that lives - has a spirit, a soul.

My cat has thought. I see it every time I ask him to stand tall for a treat, or he catches a shrew and takes fiendish delight in torturing it before eating it. Or lays on my chest and purrs in contentment. I am certain he loves me and has feelings. What about the sign language learned by other primates not human? One was gifted with a kitten and named it "Ball". Dolphins, ravens/crows and all primates pass the mirror test in self awareness. We also know these higher brain functioning animals have language amongst themselves. I guess because we aren't smart enough to learn their language - that must mean - they don't have it?

We are not unique in thought or self-awareness in this Universe and not even on this planet. We are just the apex predator on Earth - and because of it - we are egotistical and presume that makes us above and better than all other creatures. In fact, it such a rampant mental illness with us - that we even destroy one another - because of differences of belief and skin. So we transpose our greatness here on Earth - outward onto the Universe. Behold the Human - are we not so unique and grand? No - we are not - not compared to the very diversity and uniqueness home to this planet - beyond just considering ourselves and our own grandness. We are just one creation on this planet, in this universe. One of trillions upon trillions.

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Delusions of grandeur from the annals of the primordial soup. You give us too much credit.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Trust me, I'm the first to realize we're nobody. That doesn't negate the statements in the OP.

Nice comment.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

This was very nice, thank you. Sometimes we forget that that there's something about us that is only ours... and sometimes we forget that the same could be said for everyone else. If only we could be reminded of this more often, we'd be happier and live in a much more respectful and integrated society.

Thank you again.
edit on 21/1/2015 by LukeDAP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Humans may or may not be unique among the universe but we know that every human is different from every other person - even among identical twins.
This is the grand expression of purpose each of us are born with; we know we are different. At some time as a child we come to that realization that we are truly alone within our bodies then spend the rest of our lives trying to discover just what it is that makes us - US.
It's the reason for human existence - to discover who and what we are and if there is a greater purpose beyond our reckoning. Sadly, that is the antithesis of what education, consumerism and our society try to mold us in to. To strip us of our individuality, demand conformity of thought and action. To reduce us to ego-driven, narcissistic psychopaths disconnected from logic while fawning for approval of the group.

The real battle is to retain our unique identities while navigating the travails of life. To have a strong sense of who we are, what we stand for and what we won't abide. To know why we are here and what we will do with our time. Why would we all be created differently if there wasn't something special, even essential about each of us? We all belong, we all have equal right to this planet and reason to exist.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YouNeedMe

The not -so -subtle difference between doing something to look weird
Versus doing something because you like it not caring if it is.
Sometimes it's hard to know which one were doing.

That is a great graphic.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It is very difficult to express oneself in a unique way, we have desires and they stem from what others have, and when we want what others have, we also want to be like them in some way. To do what you want to do means that you will not be able to have what they have, however, you get to enjoy the independence and even a sense of rebellion in being yourself and doing as you truly want to do. Most are so blinded that they really cannot even perceive or tell the difference between their requirements as a person and the requirements of society. If often struggle with this, and there are many things that I want that I must forgo, and it is a problem as being apart of a collective construct brings a sense of security in numbers. To be individual is to be apart, and all that you really can get from others is a small amount of respect for it.

new topics

top topics

join