It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happen here....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I have long debated as to weather to write this or not, and only discused it once with the other person involed.

First off i will tell you a little background, i am the type of person that needs to know how long everything takes, (ie) 37 seconds from room to car, 17 min to get to school, 3 min 30 sec to get to class, 4 min for a cig. I am always looking at my watch. My friend is a musician and has a uncanny ability to know how much time has gone by, heres a little test, look at the clock and see the seconds hand, cover it up and look back at it after you thing it has been 30 seconds, he nails this every time, did you. MY friend and i had this thing were we would on every weekend night sneek out and go smoke pot that he would steal from his dad. It worked well we worked at the movies til 12, went home said night to the parents and left house at 1am. I live about 2miles from hia house, but i cut across a golf course to get there faster, i leave my house at around 1, get to his house at 1:23, it alwas took 20-25 min to get there on foot. He got out and we went to the back pourch to smoke, we smoked for an hour and a half so it is about 3, then we go to the dehydration station and get some water, we walk slow and the long way so i takes 15 min. Then we smoke some more and head over to my bus stop, now here is were it gets weird, we arive at 3:43, i know at the bus stop biker dude comes by at 4am here (this guy is clock work saw him every night if i was out at this time. We were wuite stoned at the time and we laid down in the roadflat on our backs hands under head as a pillow. We started to talk about religion and how it may be a goverment instuion, UFO's, girls, work, school, but we stayed on the reliiogn for the most part, only bout 10 min on the other things. The thing is we talked for what seemed like well over 2 hours, we both thought the sun was about to rise, we sit up and here comes biker dude, i look at my watch and sure enough only about 15 min has passed, he is right on time 4am. My friend says "damm biker dude woke up late today", i told him that it was ony 4am, and he didnt belive it, i coulnt belive it! I had been a couple of hours we had laid there, there is no doubt in my mind that we laid there for a couople of hours, we both thought it was almost 6am. I have no idea what had happen here and it has puzzled me for a couple years now, this was one of a couple of weird events that happen, but this one blew our minds, we were scared and have told no one of this, but now i haved moved from there and want to find answers, what happen that night/morning? What could it be? Was time stoped? Can time be stoped through mind chanelling? PLease help this is realy bugging me, thanks

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You don't think mary jane had anything to do with your time lapse? I would suspect that could be one reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree: the combination of the weed, which isn't called a "mind altering substance" for nuthin'
and the intense stream-of-consciousness conversation with your friend is all the explanation one needs to account for the perceived time difference. Time is, after all, artificial and excuse the term, is "relative".
Me thinks you're "over-thinking" the experience.
Shoot, being a "child" of the 60s and 70s, I can recall (barely) many such instances, both streeeetching and compressing the perception of time...depending on the substance ingested.
'___', for me, made a similar effect on my own perception of time....only in reverse
One day could feel like a week.
Hashish would sloooooooooow things down quite effectively and all one needed to do was look in the mirror, seeing the blood-red eyes, the sh_t-eating smirk, the obsession on detail then, on Macro-perception....all have their effects on one's perception of time. Don't sweat it...in fact, if it were I, I'd try to duplicate the effect just for fun, if not validation

bubbabak

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
These stories have more credibility when they occur sober as many of my instances have. Lots of time loss/gain with sleep/wake cycles. Get yourself into the half awake half asleep mode and try to see a clock in your mind imagine what time you want it to be and that's when I seem to able to get up Really really weird. However there are the times when I fall back aslee and wake up 3 hours later after what seemed like 2 seconds.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Mabye you didnt read the whole post, or mabye i didnt explain myself, i am very good with time, i frequently look at my watch, back in those days i was smokeing 3-4 times a day, and this was the only time this # happen, i realy dont think that Mary Jane had anything to do with it. To think i thought that people here would have an open mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The experience of the passage of time is totally subjective, in general terms, the faster your metabolic rate the slower time seems to pass, but then again, time flies when your having fun...

In scientific terms time is difficult to define, hence Einstien left us with his definition...

"time is what the clock says"

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, time has never started and will never and, but can time stop? I know there has to be someone on this board that can give me a better answer than, "Dude you were high, you lost perception of time".

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think just about everyone here has an open mind otherwise we would not be here. It just seemed like you over emphasized the fact that you smoked lots of pot back then. No one here is doubting that this happened to you, as I expressed this has happened to me and many others. Personally I don't have a problem with mind altering substances however I have never experimented myself, (not for lack of interest though) I have lots of cool things happen sober.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just the effect of marijuanna playing tricks on your mind, happened to me all the time. Zoning out into music that seemed to last forever....the good old days

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I love listening to songs when your 'high'. You can think so clearly when your under the influence of pot it is the best way to open up and talk to people. 5min high is 30min not high.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Speaking of zoneing out check this crazy thing out, when ever i see it i get real light headed and dizzy and feel high, even though i have not smoked ion over 6 months.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
wow that is weird, makes me feel a little dizzy not much else.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
"when you smoke the herb, you reveal you to yourself" - bob marley

That animation is trippy , I still hear that drum.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by hades000]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I know exactly what your talking about and I do believe its mostly the marijuana. I have smoked alot before and time gets very weird. For example I will only think its been about 10 minutes and I ask someone the time and its 2 hours later. ( Yeah I know I was really stoned) But perhaps it's mind channeling combined with marijuana I dont know. But whos to say what is the right mind state huh? I smoke all the time and I'm proud of it and I get so disgusted with people that rag on others that smoke marijuana but yet they go out and drink alcohol every weekend and say "yeah keep smoking you will smoke yourself stupid". Oh really now because when you drink alcohol it kills brain cells instantly did you know that? And smoke deteriorates the tissue not killing the brain cells. But anyways a little off subject I'm sorry. Maybe next time I'm stoned I will record the time of what I think is every 5 minutes and then I will tell you the results.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just a thought here you could of fell asleep and just been dreaming about talking then the guy on the bike woke you up

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nice idea, but when i smoke i beginto think like crazy and we were sitting up before he came around the corner. Also i think that is it highly unlikely that we both dreamed the same thing. Everyone here is giving me things that happen that seemed like 10 min but was 2 hours, this was 15 min that seemed like well over 2 hours. I get the 2 hours that seemed like 10 min all the time. My friends and i even have a name for that. We call it Haloing out, we have played 2-8 hours stright, and everytime it seem like 10 min, when halo 2 cam out, from 2am til 9am. striaght played, felt like 30 min.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
it sucks that no one can give me anything that can explain what has happen to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
it sucks that no one can give me anything that can explain what has happen to me.

I think you are nuts..! See your doc. But perhaps you are chipped!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
The experience of the passage of time is totally subjective, in general terms, the faster your metabolic rate the slower time seems to pass,

Yes I'm a geek for getting excited by this, but was a theory I had some years ago though I never directly studied it in Physiology. Has this been proven? Do you have more explanation or sources?

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
but then again, time flies when your having fun...

...or have a deadline. Any thoughts as to why this is?

new topics

top topics

join