It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'Planet X' may really lurk undiscovered in our solar system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh, oh...here we go...

Trujillo and Sheppard suggested that the orbits of 2012 VP113 and Sedna are consistent with the continued presence of a big "perturber" — perhaps a planet 10 times more massive than Earth that lies 250 AU from the sun

But the actual orbits of the 13 ETNOs are quite different, with semi-major axes ranging from 150 to 525 AU and average inclinations of about 20 degrees.

"This excess of objects with unexpected orbital parameters makes us believe that some invisible forces are altering the distribution of the orbital elements of the ETNOs, and we consider that the most probable explanation is that other unknown planets exist beyond Neptune and Pluto," lead author Carlos de la Fuente Marcos, of the Complutense University of Madrid, said in a statement.

"The exact number is uncertain, given that the data that we have is limited, but our calculations suggest that there are at least two planets, and probably more, within the confines of our solar system," he added.

Planet X and Y?

Nothing in the article suggests that the massive object - 10 times the mass of Earth ! - they suspect exists in the farthest reaches of the Solar System makes a periodic close pass to the inner confines (as per the various disaster scenarios surrounding such a body).

Further, they do concede that there are other (less likely) possible explanations for the odd orbits of the ETNOS.

Intriguing...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ideal scenario: it is colonisable, within travelling distance and evil people are allergic to it, even better it could be populated with superbeings that are perfect. Did I just dream that?

I did read somewhere some years ago that it is possibly very near, just not visible yet due to some dimensional aspects.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have read for years that the perturbations of certain celestial objects suggest other heavenly bodies traversing our solar system.

Conspiracy theories abound that the government(s) know about this body, that they are keeping it secret, and it potentially has intelligent life on it.

Sitchen also claims that there are twelve heavenly bodies - which would follow this finding closely. Although I don't agree with Sitchen's assessments.

Either way, space is a big place - and even though we are extremely advanced in our minds, there is still a lot we have left to learn. It wouldn't surprise me if there was another planet. But until I see proof - it will exist in the same realm to me as Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Oh, oh...here we go...

Trujillo and Sheppard suggested that the orbits of 2012 VP113 and Sedna are consistent with the continued presence of a big "perturber" — perhaps a planet 10 times more massive than Earth that lies 250 AU from the sun

But the actual orbits of the 13 ETNOs are quite different, with semi-major axes ranging from 150 to 525 AU and average inclinations of about 20 degrees.

"This excess of objects with unexpected orbital parameters makes us believe that some invisible forces are altering the distribution of the orbital elements of the ETNOs, and we consider that the most probable explanation is that other unknown planets exist beyond Neptune and Pluto," lead author Carlos de la Fuente Marcos, of the Complutense University of Madrid, said in a statement.

"The exact number is uncertain, given that the data that we have is limited, but our calculations suggest that there are at least two planets, and probably more, within the confines of our solar system," he added.

Planet X and Y?

Nothing in the article suggests that the massive object - 10 times the mass of Earth ! - they suspect exists in the farthest reaches of the Solar System makes a periodic close pass to the inner confines (as per the various disaster scenarios surrounding such a body).

Further, they do concede that there are other (less likely) possible explanations for the odd orbits of the ETNOS.

Intriguing...

I'm pretty sure they did an infrared search in all directions and found nothing.

This part is me guessing, but couldn't the abnormal orbits be attributed to the early solar systems chaotic nature?

On that note. Did the Exo planets in the far solar system form the solar systems original ecreetion disk or we're the formed in the inner SS and were thrown by gravity to they're present position?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

This paper may be of interest to all planet X lover:

"RAHMSTORF, S. - Timing of Abrupt Climate Change - A Precise Clock" (use Google to find).

Basically it point to a climatic synchronicity too precise to be of Earth origin or Solar cycle based, such high precision would suggest being orbital cycle based.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06
No. Orbits by definition are not chaotic, but are governed by gravitational forces that keep them locked into a cycle. In a nut shell - something keeps them on track.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
a reply to: Entreri06
No. Orbits by definition are not chaotic, but are governed by gravitational forces that keep them locked into a cycle. In a nut shell - something keeps them on track.

Of course, but are their orbits being actively changed? Or is it that they are in an orbit that wouldn't have been originally possible without something being out there when it's orbit was set?

What I ment by chaotic is the roller derby that was the early solar system. Constant crashes and such could make for some crazy orbits from the start.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Please contribute to the existing discussion here

Thread closed.

top topics

join