It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.15: NASA Cuts ISS Live Stream When Grey Object Appears on Earth's Horizon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Could be the head of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man--we never did get to see where all of him went after the explosion.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozmnpo
Could it be a nuke?

Probably the least possible answer thus far.

The 'whatever' rises above Earths horizon as far as I can see before the feed cut-off.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ahhhh!!! The Empire found us!! They sent the Death star!!!

Just kidding, its the return of the Annunaki on Nibiru

edit on 1/21/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It clearly is the freakin moon... the object is virtually the exact same size as the moon shown in the caparison video. Just because it is a slightly different color doesn't mean anything. The color can change depending on your point of observation, especially when the light has to travel through the Earths atmosphere.
edit on 21/1/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Exactly, if that was something on the lens, then it should appear in every video made with that camera?

Unless an astronaut went out and cleaned it...

Then they should show the astronaut cleaning the lens...and therefore would add credibility to "dirty lens" theory.

But until I see someone like this in front of the camera lens at the time a "spot" or "object" is seen in the live streaming like this one....

...I believe there is a coverup happening! Wake up people...it is NOT the moon!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity...a camera which is streaming 24/7 has a perfect picture...and "all of a sudden" there appears to be a "smudge" on the lens....

HOW DOES THE SMUDGE GET ON THE LENS ALL OF A SUDDEN?!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Many UFOs caught by the ISS HD camera from .51 on vid.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Many UFOs caught by the ISS HD camera from .51 on vid.

Even though we can see the cameras reflection in the glass?

Not a very good comparison in all honesty.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Even though we can see the cameras reflection in the glass?
Not a very good comparison in all honesty.

Streetcap1 has slowed the original footage he's used from the HD camera and focused in on what he wants to portray as a UFO , the video above is unaltered , it is not intended to be a direct comparison just to show the reflections caused by the sun on the camera.

edit on 22-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If we can first of all find the original footage showing the same thing untouched it would be a step forward, but smudges on lenses don't gradually appear over the horizon from nothing.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The ignorance on this forum is sometimes amazing. There are literally millions of ametur astronomers on the planet that have the ability to spot something as big as that. Not to mention the hundreds of professional and educational facilities that can too.. Oh, and NASA is not the only space agency... even on ISS.

But oh, some random guy has a YouTube video that shows the moon looking brighter in one video than another.. so it must be aliens..

FFS wake up!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000
The ignorance on this forum is sometimes amazing. There are literally millions of ametur astronomers on the planet that have the ability to spot something as big as that. Not to mention the hundreds of professional and educational facilities that can too.. Oh, and NASA is not the only space agency... even on ISS.

But oh, some random guy has a YouTube video that shows the moon looking brighter in one video than another.. so it must be aliens..

FFS wake up!

Who mentioned aliens?

Why that conclusion?

Wake up...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Has this been posted here before, or am I just having another "episode"? O.O lol Maybe its just similar to one I remember where it appeared to come around the horizon...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The problem with the reflection notion is that what you showed was from one of the truss cameras, and they don't produce reflections...due to the construction of the camera and housing, In fact; the only camera position that can produce reflections like what you are talking about are cameras used by people viewing from the Copula.

And, as for the videos being "cut off"...this started with a view from the "HD Earth Viewing Experiment". A collection of 4 off-the-shelf video cameras that are set up to rotate automatically. When one of them "cuts off" it is because their controller is switching cameras...that "controller" is a computer. There is NO human interaction.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
It clearly is the freakin moon... the object is virtually the exact same size as the moon shown in the caparison video. Just because it is a slightly different color doesn't mean anything. The color can change depending on your point of observation, especially when the light has to travel through the Earths atmosphere.

Next opportunity you get, perhaps tonight, you should go outside and look up at the moon; make note of its size. Then go back into your house, and view it through a window; again, make note of its size. Compare these observations to the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Pretty sure this is the moon. I'd bet my life on it.

One thing I wish people interested in this stuff would do would be get the exact date/time this stuff is recorded. If the Youtuber won't tell you then that's reason to be suspicious.

Because with a date and time true investigation can happen. But often true investigation is exactly what certain Youtubers do NOT want you to do because it exposes the fact that their is nothing mysterious about what they posted to get some meager adsense dollars.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

In fact; the only camera position that can produce reflections like what you are talking about are cameras used by people viewing from the Copula.

The video I posted is from the HD Earth Viewing camera which I believe is where the alleged UFO video is from , it does produce reflections as shown here.

The feed is lost when it loses contact with the ground as explained on the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm sorry man, but the first video you posted, the one I was referencing; was NOT the HD Earth View...it was the port truss camera. You can clearly see that in the video when the view changes to show the Japanese extensions to ISS.

Though, yes, it appears that the HD Earth equipment isn't constructed to the tolerances and specifications that "real" space cameras are. But, then that is the whole point of the experiment; to test the reliability and operation of normal, off the shelf, consumer video equipment in space. These 4 cameras are the only ones not "hardened" for use in space.

Further, the "thing" you want to be a "reflection" can't be...light, and other parameters are all wrong. Although that one image is very telling...as to the construction of the HD Earth module...it makes it very obvious that it is a commercial camera.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
Pretty sure this is the moon. I'd bet my life on it.

One thing I wish people interested in this stuff would do would be get the exact date/time this stuff is recorded. If the Youtuber won't tell you then that's reason to be suspicious.

Because with a date and time true investigation can happen. But often true investigation is exactly what certain Youtubers do NOT want you to do because it exposes the fact that their is nothing mysterious about what they posted to get some meager adsense dollars.

Not to take away from the importance of a datetime stamp...
The DateTime isn't always available, especially IF it is the HD Earth View module. It doesn't appear to have been selected for the individual cameras, and may not be remotely controllable.

Also; One should NEVER "bet their life" on anything...even a sure thing...remember Universe doesn't truly allow for a probability of "1".

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

I'm sorry man, but the first video you posted, the one I was referencing; was NOT the HD Earth View...it was the port truss camera. You can clearly see that in the video when the view changes to show the Japanese extensions to ISS.

Though, yes, it appears that the HD Earth equipment isn't constructed to the tolerances and specifications that "real" space cameras are. But, then that is the whole point of the experiment; to test the reliability and operation of normal, off the shelf, consumer video equipment in space. These 4 cameras are the only ones not "hardened" for use in space.

Further, the "thing" you want to be a "reflection" can't be...light, and other parameters are all wrong. Although that one image is very telling...as to the construction of the HD Earth module...it makes it very obvious that it is a commercial camera.

Well it could be the Rk space stations cloaking field. They have a cloak that bends light around it so seeing it from earthside you dont see nothing but space.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join