It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.15: NASA Cuts ISS Live Stream When Grey Object Appears on Earth's Horizon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
UFO Sighting: NASA Cuts ISS Live Stream When Grey Object Appears on Earth's Horizon
www.universityherald.com...

A user on YouTube called Streetcap1 posted video of the strange object appearing, which was followed by an error message ending the live stream. While it is clear that an object - and no, it's no moon - appears on the horizon, it appears quite blurry, but seems grey and round.

UFOSightingsDaily.com is a website that has kept a close eye on NASA and Scott Warring, the website's editor, noted that the space agency "again" covered up a potential UFO sighting.

"NASA did it again. A UFO shows up on live public Internet cam and NASA takes it off line," he wrote Sunday. "Who here is surprised by this? If you are, you are new here. UFOs are caught by researchers on a weekly basis and NASA does cut the line when they catch them. However the eggheads at NASA are not always focused on the screen and miss a lot of very interesting and sometimes very highly detailed UFOs."

The Huffington Post UK noted that NASA has allegedly "duct taped" UFO sightings before, like with the Apollo 7 mission. The website posed the question as to why NASA did not simply do this again if they did not want any public discourse on the matter.

Edit: Here is the camera finder's moon comparison ISS video

edit on 21-1-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I found this video quite interesting...the question is why would NASA decide to take the camera feed off air?

Was this a secret project the government was working on? Was this a true alien spacecraft hovering above Earth? (if so it would have been a really big one)

The act of cutting off feed tells me that something is up. If the world already is conditioned to believe that aliens could exist, why not allow the camera to continue rolling until we see for ourselves what the object really is?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Could it be another planetary body? I know it is in HD, but for it to be that blurry, it must be a LONG way off. My first thought was the moon coming around.

I guess there really isn't any way of knowing if NASA actually cut the feed though....could have been simple video editing by the poster as well. Not really a debunker here, but there are PLENTY out there that would love to have the highest viewed HOAX on YouTube for their video feeds.
edit on 1/21/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Could it be another planetary body? I know it is in HD, but for it to be that blurry, it must be a LONG way off. My first thought was the moon coming around.

The author of the video also put a moon HD video in for comparison. I made the edit in my post above for you to compare!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The author of the video also put a moon HD video in for comparison. I made the edit in my post above for you to compare!

Well...the moon does appear much clearer than the object in question. That would make me think it was either bright and really far away, or really close and the camera was not able to focus on it, though it does follow what appears to be the rotation in the video as if it is stationary in the sky.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
just a guess....

its something on the lens, you cant clearly see it as it travels over the clouds, it only becomes clear when the background becomes black from space

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
just a guess....

its something on the lens, you cant clearly see it as it travels over the clouds, it only becomes clear when the background becomes black from space

How about you watch the moon video (near the end) when the moon disappears in the Earth's horizon...both the moon and this object could be a smudge on the lens. Maybe the moon doesn't exits. And maybe this object doesn't exist.

DO YOU GET THE IRONY BEHIND YOUR STATEMENT????

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think that the most plausible explanation is a piece of debris on the lens, as the poster above me suggested. The movement is accounted for via this explanation, and the blurry aspect is also accounted for. If for some reason that was not the explanation, my next guess would be classified project. Was this thing gone when the feed came back? Do they have a way to clean the lens? Could they have cut the feed to clean the lens simply because they don't want to deal with anymore UFO claims regarding their videos? Or perhaps they have a general rule where they will cut the feed any time something that could be anomalous appears. That would be understandable I suppose, but this should be backed up by hard data, since they would have cut the feed multiple times in the past. I don't pay attention to this feed so I wouldn't know, but someone on ATS will know.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd say it's probably a reflection , here it is posted by Streetcap1 last November.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Exactly, if that was something on the lens, then it should appear in every video made with that camera?

Unless an astronaut went out and cleaned it...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Mighty suspicious the feed would get cut at that exact moment. Another interesting video. This one, i believe, is interesting enough to warrant professional debunking. Just watch and see who shows up to tell us that this is nothing. Much can be learned from that alone.

ETA something on the lens??? Then why is it moving?
edit on 21-1-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's a rock.

Sorry....conditioned ATS response.
Actually it's quite interesting how transmission was abruptly cut after it's appearance.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For the OP article to work you have to believe that the camera was deliberately switched to hide something, instead of just automatically switching - something that it does all the time (including in the companion video).

Unfortunately, but very conveniently, we don't have a date or time for the video, which would help eliminate various things like planets, the moon and so on.

What I can say is that the claim in the article that UFOs were 'duct taped' out of Apollo 7 images is absolute garbage and whoever wrote it needs to go and do some research on how films in cameras work.

The 'tape' is at the end of a roll of film, and is obscuring part of Hurricane Gladys. Several other photos prior to the end of this roll show Gladys in full detail - it's even been used in a Superman film as a backdrop.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 21-1-2015 by onebigmonkey because: error

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can I just say that this is great that were seeing a spike in UFO activity and we have those documents that got released.

Its a great time to be a UFO crazy person. hahah

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting the ISS feed was cut. Hmmmm.

S&F

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That pesky space lint again.

They need to dust outside more often.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And just for fun, the video was uploaded on the 15th.

Let's assume the video feed was on the 15th.

On the left is the moon as shown in the "hey this is what the moon looks like" video, in the middle is the 'mystery object', and on the right is the moon as it appeared on the 15th as depicted in Stellarium. I haven't a;tered anything in the screencaps I did of the youtube video other than to rotate them 90 degrees.

Here's one I sharpened:

Still obviously not the moon?

Showing a video of the moon when it is full isn't exactly a fair comparison if the moon wasn't full at the time of the feed.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First off, isn't the Earth rotating in the wrong direction relative to the ISS? I mean isn't that always constant - the direction of the rotation of the Earth relative to the station?

The two videos show two different rotational directions. My guess is that's the moon in both videos.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Streetcap1 is a known hoaxer, he's listed in this thread as one.

So i wouldnt get too excited about this one

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Could it be a nuke?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join